Franklin Rebels (3-0) vs Ooltewah Owls (3-0)

huskergymnast33

This week ends the offensive line debate. I can't wait to see the offensive line crumble under Ooltewah's defense. Even oversized beanie baby #78 Anderson will get demolished by the DE... Smith is his name I believe? Now we can finally see the true nature of the rebel o line this year. Get ready for a long game rebel RBs, since there won't be any holes open for you.

:thumb: To call Isaiah Anderson an 'oversized beanie baby' is just flat out stupidity. He's possibly the meanest LT in the mid-state, and doesn't stop blocking when the whistle blows - he stops when his opponent's face is in the dirt.

You've been wrong almost every time you've bashed the Rebels... not one of your statements have made any sense. And all I can say to that is that you are a scarecrow... If you only had a brain, Wilcofootball... if you only had a brain.

This week's game in Ooltewah is on FRIDAY night, and the Rebs do NOT play on any more Saturdays this season... just to clarify things for some of you.

It's going to be a low-scoring slugfest, and hopefully the Rebels come out on top!

• Replies 115
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Such foolishness in so many accounts. First off, hats off to the Rebels, they finally did what they should have been doing for 3 weeks now. Two tight ends, run the ball, and mix it up with some play action. They got a little silly when they started trying to force the pass again, but ended up sticking with the run. I hope you have learned the point that we (2/3s of the trifecta has been trying to make). Stick to what makes sense for your personnel. I would like to point out that Wilcoisthebest only predicted the POSSIBILITY that this would be the year, and that I stated that Franklin would indeed win, just not by the margin that they did. So mr Longhorns, you have once again shown ignorance, but this time outside the realm of football. Although I agree with many of the comments that Wilcofootball has made, I'm not sure I would have called #78 a beanie baby, but maybe he knows something I do not. :thumb:

The Rebels start a 4 week road skid this week, so have fun with that. Supporter or not, I will not be traveling to the likes of Chattanooga and Louisville. Good luck to the boys and coaches, hopefully they will keep things as they did against CHS and give it the old ground and pound.

And finally a signoff to our dearest of friends Mr. Longhornshookem. I hope that you were at the game last week. Actually, we (trifecta) know that you were. You see through some recent research and subject baiting, we now know with confidence who you are. Anyways, I hope you saw how much sense the run made for Franklin this year and you will let it sink in. I will leave you with this however, I would be a little more generalized and less critical in your comments of the Franklin players. We, such as yourself, are just like car rear view mirrors, "closer than we appear." :thumb:

Good luck to you Rebels, bring back 4 W to Wilco

Such foolishness in so many accounts. First off, hats off to the Rebels, they finally did what they should have been doing for 3 weeks now. Two tight ends, run the ball, and mix it up with some play action. They got a little silly when they started trying to force the pass again, but ended up sticking with the run. I hope you have learned the point that we (2/3s of the trifecta has been trying to make). Stick to what makes sense for your personnel. I would like to point out that Wilcoisthebest only predicted the POSSIBILITY that this would be the year, and that I stated that Franklin would indeed win, just not by the margin that they did. So mr Longhorns, you have once again shown ignorance, but this time outside the realm of football. Although I agree with many of the comments that Wilcofootball has made, I'm not sure I would have called #78 a beanie baby, but maybe he knows something I do not. :thumb:

The Rebels start a 4 week road skid this week, so have fun with that. Supporter or not, I will not be traveling to the likes of Chattanooga and Louisville. Good luck to the boys and coaches, hopefully they will keep things as they did against CHS and give it the old ground and pound.

And finally a signoff to our dearest of friends Mr. Longhornshookem. I hope that you were at the game last week. Actually, we (trifecta) know that you were. You see through some recent research and subject baiting, we now know with confidence who you are. Anyways, I hope you saw how much sense the run made for Franklin this year and you will let it sink in. I will leave you with this however, I would be a little more generalized and less critical in your comments of the Franklin players. We, such as yourself, are just like car rear view mirrors, "closer than we appear." :thumb:

Then why don't you just go ahead and tell us who you are!!! :thumb: You get on here and degrade us fans and make fun of the coaches and players. Why do you do this? What is your point?

Congrats to the rebels for a big win vs. Centennial.

Putting gas in my car now for the LONG Trip!!

After a good win(in a not so fair enviroment),the owls better be ready for the rebels.I think these 2 teams are very similar in that the defenses are both very good..I give the edge to Ooltewah.The offenses seem to mirror each other:O-lines seem to be in a down year(because of graduation),but,I give the edge to Ooltewah,just because of the coaching.Reed vs a sophmore qb?should be Reed.Franklin has 2 good backs,I think,so I give that edge to franklin.Special teams..Ooltewah,athletes..Ooltewah,should be a very good game to watch. PREDICTION:Owls 14-0 maybe more,if the boys execute the genius of MONROE.

I was a happy man this afternoon because I was able to catch the Franklin vs Centennial game on TV (life doesn't get any better than that on a Sunday afternoon). From what I have heard about OHS I have to agree with most of your observations, but like any CoachT message boards I must respectfully disagree. You gave the special teams advantage to Ooltewah, but Franklin's punter & kicker has been crushing balls so far this season (and he needs to be respected). Like any close game, this game could come down to coaching. OHS may have Coach Monroe, but Franklin has a notable coach in his own right Coach Webb. From a coaching perspective, this game could be a chance for Coach Clayton to establish himself as a big-game coach. It has been a title that has seemed to avoid him in close game over the past few years, because teams like RHS, BHS, and even IHS have proven to be a thorn in his side. But last year may have been the story of Coach Clayton starting to round the corner on his way to big-game success. Franklin competed in 4 close games (McCallie, Brentwood 1 & 2, Oakland), and they split these 2-2. So close games involving Franklin are a toss-up. Which brings me to my next point.

"BipBop" made the statement "Coach Reed vs a Sophomore QB", and I must agree with this statement 100%. OHS may have countless defensive weapons, but Franklin's QB may be their biggest defensive weapon. Because if tendencies & trends are worth anything, he can throw the ball up for grabs, fumble snaps, fumble hand-offs. In a close game it doesn't take much to tip the scales, and a few mistakes and all of a sudden it is no longer close game.

Such foolishness in so many accounts. First off, hats off to the Rebels, they finally did what they should have been doing for 3 weeks now. Two tight ends, run the ball, and mix it up with some play action. They got a little silly when they started trying to force the pass again, but ended up sticking with the run. I hope you have learned the point that we (2/3s of the trifecta has been trying to make). Stick to what makes sense for your personnel. I would like to point out that Wilcoisthebest only predicted the POSSIBILITY that this would be the year, and that I stated that Franklin would indeed win, just not by the margin that they did. So mr Longhorns, you have once again shown ignorance, but this time outside the realm of football. Although I agree with many of the comments that Wilcofootball has made, I'm not sure I would have called #78 a beanie baby, but maybe he knows something I do not. :D

Then why don't you just go ahead and tell us who you are!!! :D You get on here and degrade us fans and make fun of the coaches and players. Why do you do this? What is your point?

Congrats to the rebels for a big win vs. Centennial.

Putting gas in my car now for the LONG Trip!!

And here I was respectfully bowing out, until you take a stab at me......

And aren't you the one that has done the most complaining and critisizing about the coaches and their schedule (or lack there of) making abilities. How does that foot taste by the way???

Please, show me where I once degraded fans or made fun or coaches or players. Show me. I have been debating offensive strategies, and yes, probably questioning play calling a little, but when have I once degraded franklin fans or players? I am a fan of Williamson County football, plan and simple, but more of a fan and intellect on the sport of football, hence the debates. My comments were posted due to past posts by Longhornshookem and his blantent call outs to an offensive line, JV quarterback, and justification of an offense that this team does not need to be running. I even wished both team and coaches luck on their game this week and extenuated travels. And BTW, if you fill up your car today, you won't make it to Chattanooga on Friday.

This week ends the offensive line debate. I can't wait to see the offensive line crumble under Ooltewah's defense. Even oversized beanie baby #78 Anderson will get demolished by the DE... Smith is his name I believe? Now we can finally see the true nature of the rebel o line this year. Get ready for a long game rebel RBs, since there won't be any holes open for you.

:thumb: To call Isaiah Anderson an 'oversized beanie baby' is just flat out stupidity. He's possibly the meanest LT in the mid-state, and doesn't stop blocking when the whistle blows - he stops when his opponent's face is in the dirt.

You've been wrong almost every time you've bashed the Rebels... not one of your statements have made any sense. And all I can say to that is that you are a scarecrow... If you only had a brain, Wilcofootball... if you only had a brain.

This week's game in Ooltewah is on FRIDAY night, and the Rebs do NOT play on any more Saturdays this season... just to clarify things for some of you.

It's going to be a low-scoring slugfest, and hopefully the Rebels come out on top!

Isaiah is just like that on the field, but couldn't be a nicer guy off the field.

Wilcoisbest, you keep saying that you aren't predicting the games. Sure, you aren't saying "Franklin will get beat by 2 tds." But, you are saying that they are weak and will not be able to handle what the other team has. This sounds to me like a prediction.

I thought there was one more Saturday game?

Such foolishness in so many accounts. First off, hats off to the Rebels, they finally did what they should have been doing for 3 weeks now. Two tight ends, run the ball, and mix it up with some play action. They got a little silly when they started trying to force the pass again, but ended up sticking with the run. I hope you have learned the point that we (2/3s of the trifecta has been trying to make). Stick to what makes sense for your personnel. I would like to point out that Wilcoisthebest only predicted the POSSIBILITY that this would be the year, and that I stated that Franklin would indeed win, just not by the margin that they did. So mr Longhorns, you have once again shown ignorance, but this time outside the realm of football. Although I agree with many of the comments that Wilcofootball has made, I'm not sure I would have called #78 a beanie baby, but maybe he knows something I do not. :wacko:

Ok, I will respond... the "Three Stooges" made me. POSSIBILTY? He stated twice this was the POSSIBLE year in his post. That sounds like someone trying to get a point across. Come on now, he bashed the Rebels in just about every aspect and was so sure that the Rebels were already looking down the schedule to Ooltewah, Hillsboro, and for some reason Brentwood. THE VERY LAST GAME OF THE YEAR, WOW. He was just leaving himself an out if he was wrong, which he was, and that is it? Now, he can say that he never predicted CHS to win, but if CHS did win he would be screaming "I told you so". Duh, duh, duh!!!!!!!

I was not at the game, I had a serious family emergency out of state. But, I am sure you three didnt come up with my identity by yourselves. I feel honored that I am worthy of RESEARCH. Who did you guys hire... Inspector Gadget or Harry Crumb? Oh, did you guys notice that I didnt comment on the game... the reason is because I wasnt there. Some you guys should learn from that. My views on the Franklin players will not change and that is what this post is suppose to be about.

Let me guess they didnt pass as much because this was the first district game and their passing game is not up to par. THAT IS WHY THEY THREW SO MUCH EARLY IN WEEK 0 and 1. Do you get the idea now? Work at the things you are not good at vs. teams that can not hurt you. Thats all I was saying but you guys want to drop the pass and stick to the run. In years past, that is not Franklin football.

Let me tell you this, I could care less how close you are to me. You guys cant take a hint, everyone else on these posts share the same sentiment as me. You have been wrong constantly just hang it up. I am done and out.

TOUGH ONE THIS WEEK REBS!!!!!!!! Go get em!!!!!!!!!!!

Man you Franklin guys are worse than the owls on beating up on each other. Looking forward to another nail biter this week with two evenly matched teams. From what I read, you guys have a great D, a so-so O line, good running game trouble in the passing game and a good kicker. The Owls have a great D, a so-so line (did better last week against SD), trouble in the passing game (although we don't throw much) and a great kicker. It will probably come down to who puts the ball on the carpet or throws a pick or two. So far the owls have learned how to win the close ones and hopefully that expierence will help this week.

Go Owls

Man you Franklin guys are worse than the owls on beating up on each other. Looking forward to another nail biter this week with two evenly matched teams. From what I read, you guys have a great D, a so-so O line, good running game trouble in the passing game and a good kicker. The Owls have a great D, a so-so line (did better last week against SD), trouble in the passing game (although we don't throw much) and a great kicker. It will probably come down to who puts the ball on the carpet or throws a pick or two. So far the owls have learned how to win the close ones and hopefully that expierence will help this week.

Go Owls

This will be a defensive game. I don't know much about Ooltewah's offense but the defense will run the rebels into the ground. This years offensive line cannot handle a physical team. Gonna be a long night for the rebels come Friday.

Go Owls

Dont mistake franklin fans beating up on each other, for when in fact, the haters just seem to abundant when it comes to Franklin this year.

Go Owls

Dont mistake franklin fans beating up on each other, for when in fact, the haters just seem to abundant when it comes to Franklin this year.

Exactly we can't beat up on ourselves when we've got the Wilcos to deal with.