Maryville vs. McMinn County 9-11-2009

Red Rebels

• Replies 49
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just got back from the Skeeterdome. MHS' offense looked good. Dez is turning into a weapon. Linebackers playing a little too soft in the pass coverage. Nice game by C.H. #4.

I'm not sure how to take the 5A vs 4A comments after this one.

I do know we are both in 6A now...

I just don't put much stock in the 4A vs 5A argument everyone has tried to make about Maryville. Sure, maybe at the end, deep in the play-offs there might be a larger number of strong teams, but overall ... a lot of years where William Blount was very competitive in 5A--occasionally defeating the Ooltewahs and Oak Ridges and Kingsport DBs ... they would still normally get hammered by 4A Maryville.

Will say I was a little suprised by the wide margin of victory. I figured McMinn County would be a hand full.

Didn't get to go or listen to this one and I gotta say the final surprised me. Maryville look that good? McMinn look that bad? I was expecting a fairly tight game.

35-6 at half and it could have been more but Maryville fumbled at the McMinn 15 yard line on their first drive. Maryville did not punt until late in the fourth quarter. Pretty much did what they wanted offensively. McMinn deeked and dunk them with short passes a lot, but had trouble getting to the end zone. Maryville's young team is improving week to week.

How bout dem Rebels? I agree 100% with the above post. WB has beaten some good team in the 1st round of playoffs and in the regular season, teams who were at the top of 5A as far as records go while at the same time Maryville has dominated (no disrespect here) WB the last few years (except 2-3 yrs ago when they missed the extra point). I've heard it in person many many times about how some team will beat Maryville this or that year because "this is their year". Look, will Maryville dominate 5A like they dominated 4A...... not as much BUT Will Maryville still be Maryville?....you betcha. As long as GQ and Co. are there Maryville will be every team's State Champ. game. Just look at Alcoa for example, when Alcoa deservantly beat Maryville this year the players and fans acted like they just won the state game. If Maryville should lose again this year just observe how they other team acts afterwards. As long as the opposing team believes they have just accomplished something huge and unthinkable by beating THE Rebels I will always be proud...even if its a loss.

Govman, you and several other people must have not done your research. McMinn County is not that good this year. They barely beat McMinn Central and there an average at best 3a team this year. By the way, the best teams in 6a are in Nashville year end and out. Congrats on the Rebels for another win.

You may be right Volfan5. I just knew that McMinn County was coming off of a 7-5 season that saw them go to the second round of the play-offs (defeating Kingsport DB, then losing to Farragut by 10) and that they returned quite a bit off of that team. They played McCallie to a 10 point game this year I believe. No disagreement on your statement that the best "5A" teams have been from Middle TN over the past few years.

Fellers eye haiv two say hit....Mairvul iz gettin' better.....Tha offense played vurry well.....Phil just ran tha show flawleslie.....Mairvul soffs are getting better and true open competishun iz now in effect....Mairvul iz absoltely loaded wif lineman (not counting vurry good skill two) in tha lower klasses.... 3-4 freshman played tonite in tha OL......And that's knot countin tha 4 soffs that start in tha OL......Dez haz gotten faster and iz a true deep threat.....Eye jest hope we taik her one at a time......And maybee we can git a little better and red51 will thank moore ov Mairvul.....MackMinn had 16 starturs returnin and 26 seenyours and played MuCally tuff :twisted:

Fellers eye haiv two say hit....Mairvul iz gettin' better.....Tha offense played vurry well.....Phil just ran tha show flawleslie.....Mairvul soffs are getting better and true open competishun iz now in effect....Mairvul iz absoltely loaded wif lineman (not counting vurry good skill two) in tha lower klasses.... 3-4 freshman played tonite in tha OL......And that's knot countin tha 4 soffs that start in tha OL......Dez haz gotten faster and iz a true deep threat.....Eye jest hope we taik her one at a time......And maybee we can git a little better and red51 will thank moore ov Mairvul.....MackMinn had 16 starturs returnin and 26 seenyours and played MuCally tuff :twisted:

Tha way tha boys played last nite and Rebullron wuz at a party???......Can we see if'un we can git RR anothur party skedjeweled next weak?????.....Iz tha River Dance comin' bak two town soon???....Heck if'un we's can keep gittun bettur.....Eye'll git mommaSTARS two haiv a GreenBelt Laik Hoola Dance next Fridee nite down beehind Lost Ameegoes and RR can go ovur thair...... :twisted: