Jo Byrns vs. East Robertson - The Match in the Patch

Shep

• Replies 125
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I am thinking Cascade is a little better than they played against us. Plus, we played near perfect which as you know doesn't happen every game. Then again, after speaking with moto24 on the phone, I thought I could hear the trembling just in the sound of his voice. :hungry:

JB is a good football team but will not hold a light to you guys. Jbs will have to have a perfect game and south pitt have to have a really bad game for JB to beat south Pitt but I do not think Jo Byrns will see you guys this year.

i have not really heard alot about jb this year except they beat 2 good teams in cascade and heritage. They just dont know how to lose. if er defense can stop 44 east wins. if jb can stop the good receiver and the good tb. jb wins. should be one of the very best 1a/2a games of the year. based on their history the past couple of years, look for the devils to come up on top.

How good is Jo Byrns? The scoreboard shows they had a close game with Cascade but South Pittsburg was Cascade's Ambassador on Friday night. It was never a game. I was just curious since The Red Devils are in 1A and South Pittsburg could see them at some point. Are they better than last year or not as good?

i would say as good or better being thay have both tailback's back that scored on TC,,,plus another really fast tailback so yea i say by the time thay would meet if that happen's thay will be a better team than last year just my openoin :hungry:

I am thinking Cascade is a little better than they played against us. Plus, we played near perfect which as you know doesn't happen every game. Then again, after speaking with moto24 on the phone, I thought I could hear the trembling just in the sound of his voice. :hungry:

JB is a good football team but will not hold a light to you guys. Jbs will have to have a perfect game and south pitt have to have a really bad game for JB to beat south Pitt but I do not think Jo Byrns will see you guys this year.

Says JBS #1 hater.....

I wouldn't even talk this game up yet, Mike. Although you guys are clearly head and shoulders above the East competition, as usual the West is pretty wide open in my opinion. You've got some solid teams in UC and Huntington not to mention Collinwood who beat MP and went down to the wire with a very good DA team. Oh yeah, almost forgot about their neighbor, Wayne County. Yep, JB will have very tough road to a Cookeville meeting with you guys.

Now Now PM...I don't remember my voice trembling. Your ears must have been ringing from Cascade's band playing in the background B) . I know we all looked to this game as a good measuring stick and it is but I don't want to put too much stock in it. Now C11 told me right off the bat that JB ain't got nothing for you guys but he backed away just a tad after we got to talking. I keep hearing that y'all played your best game against Cascade while Cascade fans say they shut it down pretty quickly. Coach Parker even says that his guys were intimidated as soon as they seen the SP state champs sign. You just never know how guys are going to react, especially Cascade. Also, Cascade and JB is a pretty big rivalry game and when you try to compare a rivalry game with a "meaningless" game it's hard for me to form a solid opinion. Here's what I do know though...SP is a dang good ball team with some excellent skill players and JB is a dang good ball team with some excellent skill players. I've yet to see a JB team be intimidated by anyone so IF we get a chance to meet, we'll just line em up and see what we got. We'll bring the nasty and let the chips fall where they may. But before that can happen JB will have to get past teams like Collinwood, Wayne County, Huntington, & Union City. As for SP, I don't know if anybody can give you any competition before the Championship game.

Now Now PM...I don't remember my voice trembling. Your ears must have been ringing from Cascade's band playing in the background :popcorneater: . I know we all looked to this game as a good measuring stick and it is but I don't want to put too much stock in it. Now C11 told me right off the bat that JB ain't got nothing for you guys but he backed away just a tad after we got to talking. I keep hearing that y'all played your best game against Cascade while Cascade fans say they shut it down pretty quickly. Coach Parker even says that his guys were intimidated as soon as they seen the SP state champs sign. You just never know how guys are going to react, especially Cascade. Also, Cascade and JB is a pretty big rivalry game and when you try to compare a rivalry game with a "meaningless" game it's hard for me to form a solid opinion. Here's what I do know though...SP is a dang good ball team with some excellent skill players and JB is a dang good ball team with some excellent skill players. I've yet to see a JB team be intimidated by anyone so IF we get a chance to meet, we'll just line em up and see what we got. We'll bring the nasty and let the chips fall where they may. But before that can happen JB will have to get past teams like Collinwood, Wayne County, Huntington, & Union City. As for SP, I don't know if anybody can give you any competition before the Championship game.

To be honest, Moto, I backed off because I remembered last year. Really didn't think you guys had a chance against TC, but you proved me wrong. Ya'll have a tremendous backfield, but outside of that, no standout players in my opinion. What you do have, though, is one of the best Coaching staffs in the State. I've honestly felt we had a better ball team than ya'll (as a whole) the past 4 years, but Adkins and his staff are tough to Out Coach. I'm not knocking our staff, because I think he has proven to be one of the best around. Just look at his record. Do you honestly think little ole Cedar Hill would have that good of a team Every year without that staff?

It is for that reason alone I'd give you guys a slim chance against them. Athlete to athlete, nobody will match up with South Pitt in my opinion. If anybody can come up with a game plan to slow them down, ya'll got him on your sideline.

I agree that it is way early to talk about playing south pitt we have a long way to go before then. Every one keeps talking about the east and west brackets. Will the new system considering that there are going to be "wild card " entries look like the old brackets or could the brackets get messed up because of the new process. I heard on the radio on the Friday night football show that they are going to a selection show kind of like the NCAA show and the brackets will be released then. The most important game we need to worry about is East Robertson and yes we really shouldn't talk about our football injuries on Coach T. When 34 went down I didn't say anything on here until everyone else started talking about it. #4 is a great player and will do just fine. The best thing is that East won't know how to prepare for him unless we tell them so let's just keep #4 skills a secret until Friday night and give him all of the support that we can. The likelyhood of the indians scalping the Devils is very low. JB is humming along the defense improves weekly and the offense led by 44 is fabulous. Every team watches film and knows that they have to stop him. But knowing and doing are to separate verbs.