Dekalb Co. and Smith Co.

slam12

• Replies 119
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have got the owls squeaking this one out 28-21. Keep your eyes open :blush: both teams can score on any play. Should be a classic!

I gotta go with slimshady on this one. You gotta be kidding! Score on any play? With the

exception of Cheatham Co., you haven't exactly proven that. Elway hasn't measured up

to the hype, and you lost to a lackluster squad Fri. nite ( rains on both ends of the field ).

That said, good luck to the Owls, and the wiser Owl fans, from Grunt & TC.

I have got the owls squeaking this one out 28-21. Keep your eyes open :evil: both teams can score on any play. Should be a classic!

Are you talking about the same SC team that put up 10 points on LA(who gave up 31 to Stone and 26 to Cumberland County)?

I don't know about score on ANY play. They have struggled as of late. I've seen flashes and they have been close to making a few plays but end up shooting themselves in the foot . I've know what they CAN do. They just haven't put it together offensively the last 2 games for various reasons.

Hey oldcat, LA gave 31 to Stone and 26 to CC and won. And LA only give to 10 to SC. I believe that was 8 too many wasn't it?? :blush:

I am looking forward to seeing how this team responds. The talk around the Jr. Pro game tonight was that they would just roll over and ride out the season. Leadership will be the key. It was absent on Friday night. The owls need to make the plays that they are supposed to, and maybe some that they are not supposed to. I am sitting and waiting to see the playmakers on this team. I watched them this summer at the passing league, I saw them at the scrimmages, I saw them verses Cheatam Co. Where have they gone??????????

GOT SCP? I think that is on a tshirt my grandson has. I think the question is relevant! Which team will show up?

Not dissing Cheatam Co. but they are not the the caliber of the last 3 teams you guys have faced. Maybe it's just harder to make plays, summer leagues and passing camps are different than the Friday Night lights. Not saying SC doesn't have play makers.

I have got the owls squeaking this one out 28-21. Keep your eyes open :blush: both teams can score on any play. Should be a classic!

Are you talking about the same SC team that put up 10 points on LA(who gave up 31 to Stone and 26 to Cumberland County)?

I may be digging myself in a hole, but yes I am talking about the same team. They have not played like most people believe they are capable and no one is trying to come up with excuses. But every scoring drive has been less than 4 minutes(no time of possession for cheatham). They scored 7 points in the first 46:50 against gville and then scored twice in 40 seconds. So they can score quickly, but for some reason it just has not come together consistently like owlstmafia said earlier you just don't know for sure what team will show up. However, I expect Coach Maynord to fire them up this week and that is really what they need the most.

I am looking forward to seeing how this team responds. The talk around the Jr. Pro game tonight was that they would just roll over and ride out the season. Leadership will be the key. It was absent on Friday night. The owls need to make the plays that they are supposed to, and maybe some that they are not supposed to. I am sitting and waiting to see the playmakers on this team. I watched them this summer at the passing league, I saw them at the scrimmages, I saw them verses Cheatam Co. Where have they gone??????????

GOT SCP? I think that is on a tshirt my grandson has. I think the question is relevant! Which team will show up?

Not dissing Cheatam Co. but they are not the the caliber of the last 3 teams you guys have faced. Maybe it's just harder to make plays, summer leagues and passing camps are different than the Friday Night lights. Not saying SC doesn't have play makers.

Mabe Z.....but ...I could be wrong, and usually am, but in my honest opinion, I thought, and still believe LA is a better team than Westy. You saw the drive against G-ville before the half and the last drive, so you've seen what CAN happen. They have had drives like that in every game and end up with a penality,fumble,or drop. I know the defense has something to do with some of that, but cut out the errors, they are all different ball games.....but that is part of every game, with every team.

I don't know about score on ANY play. They have struggled as of late. I've seen flashes and they have been close to making a few plays but end up shooting themselves in the foot . I've know what they CAN do. They just haven't put it together offensively the last 2 games for various reasons.

Hey oldcat, LA gave 31 to Stone and 26 to CC and won. And LA only give to 10 to SC. I believe that was 8 too many wasn't it?? :evil:

OUCH! Set myself up for that one,didn't I? We will get you guys one of these years---if JM ever retires!

I have got the owls squeaking this one out 28-21. Keep your eyes open :hungry: both teams can score on any play. Should be a classic!

Hey oldcat, LA gave 31 to Stone and 26 to CC and won. And LA only give to 10 to SC. I believe that was 8 too many wasn't it?? B)

OUCH! Set myself up for that one,didn't I? We will get you guys one of these years---if JM ever retires!

I'm amazed there's been so little talk so far about such a big game. That seems like a bad sign to me from the Owl faithful. Anyone on the outside looking in has no reason to respect our offense, but I'm hoping that will start to change sooner rather than later. I know our coaching staff will continue to make adjustments.

Considering how many problems we've had offensively, I'm still pleasantly surprised with our defense. This week will be the first time they've really been tested, though. Now's the time for our team to rally and become what they are gonna be this season. I hope we can get as pumped for this game as Gordonsville did for us. We'll definitely be the underdog.

Why you gotta be dissin' Westmoreland. I'm glad we are still fresh on your mind. I think that maybe SC fans should come to the realization that you are just not a very good team this year :hungry:

Mabe Z.....but ...I could be wrong, and usually am, but in my honest opinion, I thought, and still believe LA is a better team than Westy. You saw the drive against G-ville before the half and the last drive, so you've seen what CAN happen. They have had drives like that in every game and end up with a penality,fumble,or drop. I know the defense has something to do with some of that, but cut out the errors, they are all different ball games.....but that is part of every game, with every team.