District 11A! New Champion this season?

thenomad

For all who might not know it---Cully vs Santa Fe has been moved to Wednesday night at Santa Fe. It was originally scheduled for tonight. That will be tough for the winner as they have to play CA the next night at Cornersville. I believe the Cully vs Santa Fe game will be determined by how well the seniors do on both teams. Somebody needs to step up and show their leadership especially for Cully.

No doubt about it--this game will be a close and tight one--a war #3. Winner continues on and plays at least 3 more games---loser goes home and gets to watch toruney from the stands!!

Winner plays CA on Friday at Cornersville.

Sorry about that. Thanks for all your posts.

• Replies 892
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Culleoka vs. Santa Fe.

Well round 3 and what should be expected a tough matchup. This game has been called a war and reason being if you've been to the last two gms is because of numerous stops of the gm to either clean up blood on the court or somebody changing jerseys because of blood. Very physical gm. I don't expect that to change coming into tonight's gm. Neither one of these teams would want anything more than to walk out with a victory, but only one team must prevail.

SF over Cully by 2 in OT

Goodluck Fellahs.

Culleoka vs. Santa Fe.

Well round 3 and what should be expected a tough matchup. This game has been called a war and reason being if you've been to the last two gms is because of numerous stops of the gm to either clean up blood on the court or somebody changing jerseys because of blood. Very physical gm. I don't expect that to change coming into tonight's gm. Neither one of these teams would want anything more than to walk out with a victory, but only one team must prevail.

SF over Cully by 2 in OT

Goodluck Fellahs.

This game will most likely come down to the wire and be decided by some small detail. Cheering section maybe? Very physical low scoring game. Also I think that free throws and foul trouble will play a major part in this game. I look for Goldman to be the difference maker.

Lets face it...neither of these teams like each other and tonight could get pretty ugly with a trip to Region on the line. Should be more than fun to watch. Cully by 4. Go get em' boys!

Nobody knows what will happen for sure, but the team that is tired of their season, will lose. I could actually see that being either team.

Culleoka just suffered defeat from the dregs of 12A. It should have never happened. Santa Fe is playing in front of a home crowd, and didn't like losing at home last time by a point or two. Santa Fe by 6. It will be a low scoring game, so 6 is a blowout.

44 to 38 Santa Fe

Nobody knows what will happen for sure, but the team that is tired of their season, will lose. I could actually see that being either team.

Culleoka just suffered defeat from the dregs of 12A. It should have never happened. Santa Fe is playing in front of a home crowd, and didn't like losing at home last time by a point or two. Santa Fe by 6. It will be a low scoring game, so 6 is a blowout.

44 to 38 Santa Fe !

Oh yeah you're right. The Culleoka seniors want this to be their final game as a Warrior and be the first senior class at Cully to not make it to Region in...oh I don't know A DECADE!?! You sure hit the nail on the head with that one.

44 to 38 Santa Fe !

Oh yeah you're right. The Culleoka seniors want this to be their final game as a Warrior and be the first senior class at Cully to not make it to Region in...oh I don't know A DECADE!?! You sure hit the nail on the head with that one.

cullypride, who said anything about seniors? The underclassman will have a huge hand in this. If they don't want it bad enough, just being out of focus on a freethrow is all that it will take in a game that will be as close as this one. Please explain the difficult game with Community and the loss from the abyss of 12a? the only thing I can think of is that some of Culleokas kids are tired of the season. I could be wrong, and anxiously await your answer. For all I know Santa Fe is in the same situation and maybe arrived there much earlier. Between the two, I would think Culleoka actually has the better chance to have a shot at CA, if their attitude is or becomes right.

The problem with managing any hs team as that it is full of 14 to 18 yo's. Some kids on some teams develop problems with parents, at home, with grades, teammates, coaches and with girls, to name a few. I'm thinking Culleoka is out of focus and it is because of a few key players. I don't know who they are or what the problems are. It's just an educated guess. Welcome to the world of teenagers.

BobBBucks I can promise you that any player who might be on the floor tonight for Cully does not want to lose to SF, same can be said for the SF players. Rest assured both teams smell blood in the water and want to knock the other one out of the tournament before they even get started. As far as being out of focus, that is why I said that the cheering sections may play a big role in the outcome of this game. The team that keeps their composure down the stretch will win.

The Community game was close the first half but Cully ended up winning by 12 or so. It was Community's senior night and they came out pumped and ready to play. The Loretto should have ended differently. Cully had a double digit lead late and put it on cruise control on offense instead of keeping the pedal to the floor and closing the deal. Loretto hit some tough, strongly contested shots to close the gap.

First off I wanna take a second and congratulate Culleoka on their win. Both teams played hard all game, I don't think there was a second where it wasn't a dull game at all. Walton played great in the 1st half and Big SR James Upshaw come up with some big 3's. To put his team on his shoulder like he did their at the end was huge and shows the mentality of this player. SF's gairrett played a great gm. Not once was he stopped and I wish they would of let him touch the ball every drive down the court. That 4th foul hurt and he sat for some min. But no excuses cully got the job done. And what about both student sections! Man it was just a great atmosphere and they really put on a show. I don't think anybody thought any different. But GL to cully as they play CA. And SF work hard and stay strong, alot of returning players.

Good basketball game tonight. Back and forth the whole game. SF played well early but seemed to get tired a little down the stretch. Upshaw stole the show with 21 points, 18 of which came after halftime. Walton had a big game as well, scoring the first 9 points for Cully.

Oh yeah....THIS IS OUR HOUSE :D Just kidding. Great atmosphere tonight.