S PITTSBURG HOSTS WHITWELL

piratetom

That's right, forget about Whitwell. SP you have got it in the bag. No one like SP has ever been upset before. You have got to start thinking about Boyd-Buc. I hope the pirates come out thinking like that. Remember David and Goliath, it just takes one good shot. Go Tigers-Your not dead yet!!

I have a better chance of... winning the lottery, getting to play 18 holes of golf with Tiger Woods at the Masters, running through the T at Neyland Stadium, and getting to meet Babe Ruth (even though he is dead)...I have a better chance of doing all of those things before whitwell would even think about beating SP on Friday night...Just aint going to happen...In fact, I would probably say we could play our worst game ever and the tigers could play there best game ever and we would still win by 2-3 touchdowns....I am just stating the facts and the fact is that Whitwell is just sorry...Just think Huntland was up 12-0 at the end of the first or something like that...imagine what SP will do :roflol:

So your admitting there's a chance. Just because you have a few fast guys that can pull your team out of the fire when they mess up that makes Whitwell sorry?

SP has a weakness and Whitwell may or may not be able to exploit it. However at some point I believe someone will. You use we alot, do you play? :roflol:

• Replies 122
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I tried to read in my Murphy Fair book about Whitwell but my book says that they failed to return the survey. I keep all my book from every year that Murphy gives me so I got out my 2008 book and read about the juniors from last year which means they are seniors this year. They have some big ole boys like that Terry boy that is 6-4 280 Joslyn 6-5 315 and Mosier 6-0 250 so I bet they will be even bigger as seniors. Let me as you Whitwell people a question. Why didnt your new coach send in the survey for my book? Its ashame that we cant read in the book about all the teams. I bet it dont take long to send in the survey. Well let me tell you something. Whitwell has some big ole boys but they always have big ole boys that are real slow boys too. I think these boys from SP will beat them bad I am going to tell you. People better get there on time this week or it might already be over. This Whitwell team that I saw at the jamboree is not fast boys at all. The only chance they have is to get right next to each other and try to knock a hole for the runners to run through. If they dont knock any holes then they are going to get killed I will just tell you. You think its a joke because I promise you its not. They better knock some holes for those boys are it will be bad.

Dear Roy,

Our new coach came from Florida right before spring practice. After that he had to go back and move his family up here and find a place to live. I would say he probably didn't even see the survey. Maybe they sent it to the old coach. You have a unique grasp of the game strategy needed. Maybe Whitwell can do what you suggest.

I tried to read in my Murphy Fair book about Whitwell but my book says that they failed to return the survey. I keep all my book from every year that Murphy gives me so I got out my 2008 book and read about the juniors from last year which means they are seniors this year. They have some big ole boys like that Terry boy that is 6-4 280 Joslyn 6-5 315 and Mosier 6-0 250 so I bet they will be even bigger as seniors. Let me as you Whitwell people a question. Why didnt your new coach send in the survey for my book? Its ashame that we cant read in the book about all the teams. I bet it dont take long to send in the survey. Well let me tell you something. Whitwell has some big ole boys but they always have big ole boys that are real slow boys too. I think these boys from SP will beat them bad I am going to tell you. People better get there on time this week or it might already be over. This Whitwell team that I saw at the jamboree is not fast boys at all. The only chance they have is to get right next to each other and try to knock a hole for the runners to run through. If they dont knock any holes then they are going to get killed I will just tell you. You think its a joke because I promise you its not. They better knock some holes for those boys are it will be bad.

:roll::(

Looks like Tigers might ought to leave out on Thursday to get to the game on time their so big and slow.

That's right, forget about Whitwell. SP you have got it in the bag. No one like SP has ever been upset before. You have got to start thinking about Boyd-Buc. I hope the pirates come out thinking like that. Remember David and Goliath, it just takes one good shot. Go Tigers-Your not dead yet!!

I have a better chance of... winning the lottery, getting to play 18 holes of golf with Tiger Woods at the Masters, running through the T at Neyland Stadium, and getting to meet Babe Ruth (even though he is dead)...I have a better chance of doing all of those things before whitwell would even think about beating SP on Friday night...Just aint going to happen...In fact, I would probably say we could play our worst game ever and the tigers could play there best game ever and we would still win by 2-3 touchdowns....I am just stating the facts and the fact is that Whitwell is just sorry...Just think Huntland was up 12-0 at the end of the first or something like that...imagine what SP will do :(

So your admitting there's a chance. Just because you have a few fast guys that can pull your team out of the fire when they mess up that makes Whitwell sorry?

SP has a weakness and Whitwell may or may not be able to exploit it. However at some point I believe someone will. You use we alot, do you play? :roll:

I wish I was still in high school and could play but my time has come and gone...And no Whitwell does not have a chance...And you say we have a weakness?? Well then hotshot tell me what it is? The only weakness we have is punting and if you score and move the ball all the time you do not have to worry about that...but even that has been improving here lately..And if you think Boyd is going to exploit something you might want to think again because they are a great team but so are we and I expect nothing more than a hard fought nail biter just like last year between two of the four best teams in the area. (Ooltewah and Red Bank are the others)

Easy boys LOL. Nothing changed much from the poor offensive showing at jasper except overall execution and more 2 back sets. You are seeing more 2 back sets because more backs are healthy and they know the plays better (execution again). The audibles have been in from day one but unfortunately they have not always been good checks. About 50% of the time the audible has been wrong and the play went nowhere. Still in the learning phase on that but getting better. The check-with-me plays (that look like an audible) where the QB looks to the sideline for the play after we and the D are lined up have been more effective since Coach Grider makes the read and call. Seeing what the D is lined up in before the play is called is a big advantage

Let's just remember the Whitwell players are just kids too so keep it classy in your posts...."act like you been there before"

Ok, well this just confirmed everything... this Old Pirate Mike does know a thing or two about football. All the things mentioned had been there from the start, we just didn't see them cause hurt players or poor audibles being called. I might just pat myself on the back for at least knowing these things would work. Thanks Zone. And BTW, powerp mentioned that punting was our worst part of the game... don't tell Travis, cause he might let it get to him. Tell him all these fans need to see is one of those beautiful punts like he does in warmups. I personally think that if he could punt like that all the time he might have a chance in college somewhere.

PowerP.... You talk like the pirates are undefeatable. This is football. How many times have you seen a game and been suprised at the outcome..... Many times I'm sure. Why do you have to be so cocky???? :thumb: Please tell us. You say that you are just stating the facts..... here are the facts.

Obviously SP tilt the scales in their favor. I think they have more speed than any team in the valley.

SP has a good Defense from what I saw against Jasper.

SP beat us BAD last year so everyone assumes that Whitwell is still playing at that level.

Whitwell is playing so much better than anyone realizes.

Whitwell has a great Defense.

Whitwell's offense has improved every game except against LV.

Football is a game that can go either way. There are always suprises and upsets. For any team to imagine that they can just SAY that they are going to win against someone and it will happen is just idiotic. :lol:

Overall, yes, I think SP has the better chance of winning. However, (again) anything can happen. If Whitwell performs well the entire game and has very minimum penalties and turnovers then I think we will suprise everyone on the other side of the field.

I know that i have said this before, but I think Whitwell is really going to suprise alot of folks simply b/c everyone just assumes they are no good. I can understand why they think this but I'm just telling you guys that SP will know that they are in a football game this year. Either way it goes, you will see a clear difference in the tigers.

By the way, thanks for all the compliments to the tigers on their season so far. It's nice to see the tigers getting some good compliments finally and it not just being blamed on playing teams. :lol:

PowerP.... You talk like the pirates are undefeatable. This is football. How many times have you seen a game and been suprised at the outcome..... Many times I'm sure. Why do you have to be so cocky???? :thumb: Please tell us. You say that you are just stating the facts..... here are the facts.

Obviously SP tilt the scales in their favor. I think they have more speed than any team in the valley.

SP beat us BAD last year so everyone assumes that Whitwell is still playing at that level.

Football is a game that can go either way. There are always suprises and upsets. For any team to imagine that they can just SAY that they are going to win against someone and it will happen is just idiotic. :roflol:

Overall, yes, I think SP has the better chance of winning. However, (again) anything can happen. If Whitwell performs well the entire game and has very minimum penalties and turnovers then I think we will suprise everyone on the other side of the field.

I know that i have said this before, but I think Whitwell is really going to suprise alot of folks simply b/c everyone just assumes they are no good. I can understand why they think this but I'm just telling you guys that SP will know that they are in a football game this year. Either way it goes, you will see a clear difference in the tigers.

By the way, thanks for all the compliments to the tigers on their season so far. It's nice to see the tigers getting some good compliments finally and it not just being blamed on playing teams. :bored:

First, I aint cocky I am confident there is a difference. And we are beatable sure, just Whitwell is not going to be the ones to beat us. I actually think that Boyd next week has a good chance of beating us because we play up there and they have a good team with as ROY says big ole linemen that can knock some holes for Ben Beasley.Now listen, Whitwell has improved and we will whip them pretty badly you would have to be very stupid to not know that...The only thing that will save Whitwell from getting totally embarassed is the fact that like Zone said earlier I think we will pull are starters early and rest them for the Boyd game....So we will not win by 83 this year I am sure but it will be in the 50's probably that we win by....And a suprise outcome as you say will not happen on Friday night...I can promise you....A win for Whitwell Friday night would be scoring 14 points...and even that will be extremely tough on Coach Wilsons Defense....Good luck to the Tigers cause your going to need plenty of it Friday Night :roflol: And the new Coach at Whitwell keep up the good work cause the boys are improving up there...Your just going to run into a superior team Friday night so don't get disappointed :!:

PowerP.... You talk like the pirates are undefeatable. This is football. How many times have you seen a game and been suprised at the outcome..... Many times I'm sure. Why do you have to be so cocky???? :roflol: Please tell us. You say that you are just stating the facts..... here are the facts.

Football is a game that can go either way. There are always suprises and upsets. For any team to imagine that they can just SAY that they are going to win against someone and it will happen is just idiotic. :roflol:

By the way, thanks for all the compliments to the tigers on their season so far. It's nice to see the tigers getting some good compliments finally and it not just being blamed on playing teams. :thumb:

It is really cool that you believe in your team so much. They have improved a lot and I am sure that all of the valley is happy for them. But the reality is SP will beat them by whatever they want. That is just how it is. So keep your head up and keep getting there back. They do deserve to be stood up for. But make sure you console them and lift them back up after the beating they get Friday. Good luck to ya'll and hope for a injury free game.

Ok, well this just confirmed everything... this Old Pirate Mike does know a thing or two about football. All the things mentioned had been there from the start, we just didn't see them cause hurt players or poor audibles being called. I might just pat myself on the back for at least knowing these things would work. Thanks Zone. And BTW, powerp mentioned that punting was our worst part of the game... don't tell Travis, cause he might let it get to him. Tell him all these fans need to see is one of those beautiful punts like he does in warmups. I personally think that if he could punt like that all the time he might have a chance in college somewhere.

Actually we have had serious breakdowns in two phases of special teams....punting and kickoffs. The Punting is a combination of Trav's concentration, poor snaps and breakdowns in protection. This week #40 will probably be the punter (if we have to punt) because Trav took a hard lick to his knee in the JV game and is doubtful. BTW Jake stone also got a thigh bruise but should be ok. Our kickoff coverage has allowed a couple of kicks to be returned for TDs and some long returns. Players are not covering their lanes, taking poor angles and missing tackles. The kicking game definitely needs improvement. Extra points had had some of the same breakdowns as the punting game also but have not been an issue (yet) because we score so many points. All the kicking games better be improved for the Boyd game.

You know if the Whitwell people think there team is so much better this year then why not bring a crowd to SP this Friday night and see where you stand. They are better like I said in a previous post but this game will make them probaly not feel that way after the game. You hear all the Whitwell chatter and get to the game and they may have 100 that will travel down here. Support your team whitwell fans. The players and coaches need you win or lose..!!