Union City @ Greenfield

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

PW II...I saw those pics awhile back...They did a good job...Really good pics... :roflol:

Back to the game...More to the point our beloved Union City Golden Tornadoes.... :roflol:

I for one am pretty disappointed so far....This team should be 5-0 ...We have blown 28-7 & 21-7 leads against Huntingdon and TCA....Don't really care what the fans of those two teams think...We let you off the hook....If any of the people who do the most trash talking on here are happy with that then they need to find a new team to jaw for, cause you are not helping matters any...

How about this....Those of you that are kids posting on here, maybe some players even, get your minds right and put your big boy britches on and start playing football....I don't know some of you that post but I do know Atlas cause he, like me, played football for Tornadoes...We played back when the school had around 650 students and we were playing the big boys EVERY year...Heck, I played when only ONE flippin' team made the playoffs from each district...We were 7-3 and 8-2 and came in 3rd and 2nd and didn't make the playoffs...Atlas, don't you wish we played this kind of schedule when we played and had three or four teams from each region or district go to the playoffs ???..I know the answer...It's a big ole NO because this schedule for the teams & players we had would be too easy...

We have only beaten the teams we should have beaten and dare I say choked against the good teams we have played....I know we have players hurt...I know we have had players sick...I know our numbers are low and it's hard to replace talent like that....I gotta tell ya a little something...People are NOT GOING TO FEEL SORRY FOR UNION CITY !!...Believe that....Again, big boy britches, PUT THEM ON AND PLAY UNION CITY GOLDEN TORNADO FOOTBALL !!....

I'll let you in on another secret...If any of you players that post on here think that we will win this game just because we have those Gold Helmets with the Purple interlocking UC on them, you are sadly mistaken....Greenfield will come in sky high and play the game of the year against us..I was in Greenfield two years ago when we only got out of there with a 21-14 win....They won't lay down at home...Another thing, when I played and when Atlas played our coach Randy Barnes preached "THE LITTLE THINGS"....Coming out of the huddle correctly, getting our spaces right on the O-Line, backs making the right steps, QB's making the right reads, being disciplined and not committing STUPID penalties and for Heaven's sake, HOLDING on to the FOOTBALL...We turn the ball over three or four times against the Yellow Jackets and we will LOSE just like we did to TCA...

I've been on this site since 2003 and have never shared a post like this but I think it's time someone did...We can still end up 8-2 and be district champions but it's not going to be easy..We are going to have to grow up some the next few weeks..It's a heckuva opportunity for some of these talented freshmen to step up and get some playing time, not to mention valuable experience for down the road...

Good Luck guys and keep doin' work.....

GO TORNADOES !!!

Who is injured? And, will they still be out of the lineup on Friday night?

Also, I think that Greenfield will have to continue to improve, and they will have to play thier A game to have any chance of winning this one. I hope the Jackets prevail, but.....

Can anyone shed any light on the injuries for UC?

We are banged up. I hope the flu bug haS RUN ITS COURSE THAT WAS A BIG PROBLEM . BUT AS FAR AS INJURIES ARE CONCERNED. Josh Nicks has not been released yet. jacob Worley was practically carried off the feild Fri Night. Kendrick Price was limping as well. Not sure What the status of these guys will be come game time but im pretty sure Worley is out fior some time to come. But we have adequate backups. The Tornadoes are deep at running back. And that veer makes average players look good. We still need to throw the dadgum football. Atleast 10 times a game

Dang Bigswo, why don't you just give Greenfield the game plan and scouting report! Other teams really don't need to know about our injuries. That information really needs to stay with the team.

Really what differance does it make? When we show up these guys either play or not Its no longer a secret. And im sure its well known by this point that we are banged up. Did you read the messenger today. It was spelled out there as well. Dont panic Atlas. Im not concerned with what they know its what we know that matters. We will prepare for victory. Whether they know who is injured or not wont change that. I would never reveal a game plan or anything of that nature. I did say we have adequate back up, and we do. We will come together in time to make a deep run into the playoffs. Our guys will be battle hardened by then. Reminds me of the old Journey Song "What it Takes to Win". WOuld be a good theme song for us now.

PW II...I saw those pics awhile back...They did a good job...Really good pics... :roll:

Back to the game...More to the point our beloved Union City Golden Tornadoes.... :(

I for one am pretty disappointed so far....This team should be 5-0 ...We have blown 28-7 & 21-7 leads against Huntingdon and TCA....Don't really care what the fans of those two teams think...We let you off the hook....If any of the people who do the most trash talking on here are happy with that then they need to find a new team to jaw for, cause you are not helping matters any...

How about this....Those of you that are kids posting on here, maybe some players even, get your minds right and put your big boy britches on and start playing football....I don't know some of you that post but I do know Atlas cause he, like me, played football for Tornadoes...We played back when the school had around 650 students and we were playing the big boys EVERY year...Heck, I played when only ONE flippin' team made the playoffs from each district...We were 7-3 and 8-2 and came in 3rd and 2nd and didn't make the playoffs...Atlas, don't you wish we played this kind of schedule when we played and had three or four teams from each region or district go to the playoffs ???..I know the answer...It's a big ole NO because this schedule for the teams & players we had would be too easy...

We have only beaten the teams we should have beaten and dare I say choked against the good teams we have played....I know we have players hurt...I know we have had players sick...I know our numbers are low and it's hard to replace talent like that....I gotta tell ya a little something...People are NOT GOING TO FEEL SORRY FOR UNION CITY !!...Believe that....Again, big boy britches, PUT THEM ON AND PLAY UNION CITY GOLDEN TORNADO FOOTBALL !!....

I'll let you in on another secret...If any of you players that post on here think that we will win this game just because we have those Gold Helmets with the Purple interlocking UC on them, you are sadly mistaken....Greenfield will come in sky high and play the game of the year against us..I was in Greenfield two years ago when we only got out of there with a 21-14 win....They won't lay down at home...Another thing, when I played and when Atlas played our coach Randy Barnes preached "THE LITTLE THINGS"....Coming out of the huddle correctly, getting our spaces right on the O-Line, backs making the right steps, QB's making the right reads, being disciplined and not committing STUPID penalties and for Heaven's sake, HOLDING on to the FOOTBALL...We turn the ball over three or four times against the Yellow Jackets and we will LOSE just like we did to TCA...

I've been on this site since 2003 and have never shared a post like this but I think it's time someone did...We can still end up 8-2 and be district champions but it's not going to be easy..We are going to have to grow up some the next few weeks..It's a heckuva opportunity for some of these talented freshmen to step up and get some playing time, not to mention valuable experience for down the road...

Good Luck guys and keep doin' work.....

GO TORNADOES !!!

Wow Purple! That was a mouth full to say the least. I think you are spot on. I know atleast one of the senior players agrees with you. Probably several more do as well. Beating teams you are supposed to beat is nothing to be proud of. And letting teams you have on the ropes back in the game is a mistake you should only make once in a lifetime. Not Twice in 3 weeks. We must do a better job of keeping the pressure on no matter what the score. Play like its your last game seniors. Because when your last game has been played, you will re-live all these games over and over again in your mind for years to come. YOU WILL WISH for one more game, one more down, one more shot at playing this game that you have put your heart and soul into for the last 6 years (counting JHigh). A game that you have ached with sore muscles for, A game that you have bled, bruised yourselves and overcome pain and adversity for. A game where you were awakened in the middle of the night so you could be the 1st team in the state to do some hittin for. High scool football is the only sport that once its over,it's over. YOU CAN'T PLAY ANYMORE, unless you get to play at the next level. A chance so few get to take advantage of. You will ache to play again next season when you see the guys you left behind out there on that field, in those colors that you ONCE LOVED. You will burn with a great desire to get out there just one more time and rock some heads. And you will say "If I had one more chance, I would leave it all out there! I wouldnt let anything stop me from selling out for the championship I deserve." Any former player feels like they have left a part of themselves behind, on a peice of turf 100 yards long and 50 yards wide. A part of themselves will always be out there playing along with the young men wearing the Purple and Gold. This is where we found out about ourselves. This is where we became determined young men. It will always be a part of you. The best thing you can do for yourselves is ....let there be NO REGRETS.. Let there be no WHAT IF'S. Let there only be the satisfaction of knowing that you gave all you had out there on that battle ground called the Gridiron. So many things in this great sport transcend into life. Guys you are forming more than a game plan for a single game or a season. Whether you know it or not you are forming a game plan for life. SO WIN TORNADOES WIN.

I think Union City is by far the best team in the district.Nothing against Greenfield.If Lake Co were playing Union City,I would pick about the same score.I believe Halls,South Fulton,Lake Co,Greenfield are all pretty close.Head of the pack is Union City by a greater margin.Union City 42-7.Just too much Union City

A HEALTHY Union City is the best team in the district..... :hungry:

I think Union City is by far the best team in the district.Nothing against Greenfield.If Lake Co were playing Union City,I would pick about the same score.I believe Halls,South Fulton,Lake Co,Greenfield are all pretty close.Head of the pack is Union City by a greater margin.Union City 42-7.Just too much Union City

A HEALTHY Union City is the best team in the district..... :hungry:

Im just curious ........ Where are the Greenfield posters? Here we are cuttin loose on OUR guys and no Yellow Jackets respond,. Ive been listening to someone from Greenfield who constantly complains about playing us..... but... Where is he? Hey Jackets I'm ratteling your nest. Come out and say something . GOOD GRIEF! Dont be afraid. We didn't bring wasp spray. WHAT DO YOU THINK?

A HEALTHY Union City is the best team in the district..... :hungry:[/quo

By the way Purple you know me as well. i didnt play for UC it was The Red Devils at SF. But my son plays. You and I had some sunday afternoon backyard scraps a couple of time. My God! What where we thinhing? This crap hurts bad enough with pads on. I see you at the games all the time. Have any ideas who I am?