Henry Co vs Northeast

kp150150

i saw where the city of Clarksville has a population of about 120,000+. Clarksville has 2 6(A), 4 5(A) and Montgomery central which i think is 3(A). I would guess that NE and Rossville have about 1400, and the 5(A) schools about 1200 each - that's 7,600 high school kids and you want them in one or two schools? The 5(A) schools have about the same enrollment (give or take a couple hundred) so the "talent pool" should be the same. I do realize that as schools become sucessful that talented players gravitate towards these programs , thus it skews the "talent pool" ratios, but the classifications are suppose to help keep everyone on a level playing field.

I was actually thinking to go from 8 schools in the county down to 3-4. There is talent in Clarksville but it is really spread out.....

All this talk of the dilution of Clarksville talent has some merit but it ignores one important point: the size of Montgomery county. How large is it? 128,600 ( 2000 Atlas ) ? 130,000 ? 150,000 ? 200,000? Little Henry county has something less than 28,000 . Actually, there isn't too much difference in the talent pools.

GO BIG RED

• Replies 171
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

My favorite high school team is Fort Campbell! Two titles in two years, and possible the third this year. Trust me, until you win back to backs, you really dont know. My child now goes to west creek, but I know and like the coaches from Fort Campbell. :roflol:

That's just wonderful but who cares? You are on the wrong thread! What's Fort Campbell got to do with HC, or this district for that matter? Congratulations to Fort Campbell and good luck to them in the future, but this is not the thread to talk about them.

I care, regardless what this thread is about; I would love to see HC play FC b/c that would be an exellent hs football game. This would put 2 great teams that make very few mistakes and are well coached against 1 another, wont happen but we can still speculate.....

3nout, you obviously have blinders on. Granted you may destroy all clarksville inner city schools, but Fort Campbell would make you guys look bad. They are the Alcoa of Kentucky! You have no idea, and I hope your pace maker works tomorrow at 9:30ish. Cause you ganna be heart broken!

Fort Campbell is good and would give us a game but wouldn't make HC look bad. No team has made HC look bad in a few years and we have played teams as good as or better than Ft. Campbell. I honestly believe HC would beat them! They play a weak sauce 2A KY football schedule and don't have near the competition in the 2A KY playoffs HC has played. Do you honestly think KY 2A football compares to 4A or 5A football in Tennessee or that Ft. Campbell is as good as Melrose, Maplewood, or Hillsboro has been? If so you are delusional and don't compare them to Alcoa because Alcoa has won 5 not 2 state titles in a row and would beat Ft. Campbell too. Alcoa spanked Bell Co. KY this season(42-14) which won the KY 4A title last year.

3nout, you obviously have blinders on. Granted you may destroy all clarksville inner city schools, but Fort Campbell would make you guys look bad. They are the Alcoa of Kentucky! You have no idea, and I hope your pace maker works tomorrow at 9:30ish. Cause you ganna be heart broken!

Fort Campbell is good and would give us a game but wouldn't make HC look bad. No team has made HC look bad in a few years and we have played teams as good as or better than Ft. Campbell. I honestly believe HC would beat them! They play a weak sauce 2A KY football schedule and don't have near the competition in the 2A KY playoffs HC has played. Do you honestly think KY 2A football compares to 4A or 5A football in Tennessee or that Ft. Campbell is as good as Melrose, Maplewood, or Hillsboro has been? If so you are delusional and don't compare them to Alcoa because Alcoa has won 5 not 2 state titles in a row and would beat Ft. Campbell too. Alcoa spanked Bell Co. KY this season(42-14) which won the KY 4A title last year.

Why bother responding to such NONSENSE? HC does NOT play Fort Campbell!!!!! The game is with NE, and as I look down the schedule, I see NO FORT CAMPBELL!!!!!

He went to spring practice when I coached with Southerland at Northeast. Wild_cat_fan, good to see you on here! Plus, Southerland does not have a computer in his new school. So I am not Southerland, but talk to him almost every night.

I think you are southerland

so does everyone else around Montgomery County. One of his many screen names.

That is some pretty deep disrespect to FC. I have seen both HC and FC play this year and trust me, HC would be doing good to stick w/ them. I left the FC/Kenwood game when FC was up 37-0 w/ 8 minutes remaining in the 2nd quarter. Also, I am not saying they would beat Alcoa but I would really like to see them play.....