Maryville v Catholic

BigAir

• Replies 180
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

IrishBBall (or other Catholic supporters):

#1 Understand that I'm a William Blount guy, so I am not asking this question as a Maryville "homer"... consider myself a friend of Coach Meadows, I'm not anti-Catholic. Explain why--and I'm not saying you can't--both Smithey and Russo would pick Catholic to beat Maryville tonight based on this season's body of work, rankings of the teams, tradition, etc. without there being any hint of "Catholic High School football" bias on their parts? If they get it right, they both look like genius' but it would sure be interesting to know what they are basing their pick on.

I'm not trying to bash ... interested in your perspective.

Not exactly sure their rationale and was a little shocked to see both pick the Irish. Maybe that's why they're sportscasters instead of oddsmakers.

Catholic has played very well at home for the past several years (but Maryville maybe better) and has quite a bit of experience that was earned last year. I would probably give us the edge up front AND IF we control the game running the ball....

I think the deciding factor if Catholic wins would be eliminating some of the absolutely stupid penalties that have allowed teams to sustain drives/scores and quit trying to dribble the football (hey, I'm a basketball guy) up the field. It doesn't bounce too well. Has all the makings of a great high school game if the Irish come out fired up.

#1 Understand that I'm a William Blount guy, so I am not asking this question as a Maryville "homer"... consider myself a friend of Coach Meadows, I'm not anti-Catholic. Explain why--and I'm not saying you can't--both Smithey and Russo would pick Catholic to beat Maryville tonight based on this season's body of work, rankings of the teams, tradition, etc. without there being any hint of "Catholic High School football" bias on their parts? If they get it right, they both look like genius' but it would sure be interesting to know what they are basing their pick on.

GovMan, if WB is not playing your pulling for Maryville. I remember back in the early 90's we beat WB in the Christmas Classic and the next night you were on the Maryville side yelling with the Maryville faithful. I would say you are a homer once WB is out of the picture. No disrespect but I'm calling you out on this.

As for this game it should be an interesting match-up. With West being out this might hurt Maryville a little but they should still have to much for the Irish. Maryville-27 Catholic-20

GovMan, if WB is not playing your pulling for Maryville. I remember back in the early 90's we beat WB in the Christmas Classic and the next night you were on the Maryville side yelling with the Maryville faithful. I would say you are a homer once WB is out of the picture. No disrespect but I'm calling you out on this.

As for this game it should be an interesting match-up. With West being out this might hurt Maryville a little but they should still have to much for the Irish. Maryville-27 Catholic-20

We Blount County boys stick together. Unless they are playing Maryville, I am a homer for all three other schools in Blount County. :roflolk:

1st half summary from my couch...

Pretty sloppy first half for Maryville...missing some key players....but give Cath credit. Momentum shifting late.

Horrible field.....but a great sprinkler system.

Riverstone camera is a waste....Did Catholic have a sprinkler system in the camera too?

Mark Packard is driving me crazy. He should give up the mic and join the Catholic cheerleaders or dance team.

Should be a great 2nd half....GO rebels.