Heritage Linebacker Offered by ARMY!

linkburrows

Michael Cermak, a Heritage High School Linebacker, was invited to play football and attend West Point yesterday. Not only did Forbes magazine rate West Point the number 1 academic school in the country it provides Michael with an opportunity to play Division 1 football. This kid has worked so hard for this......the Heritage community is so very proud of what he has accomplished. Not many people have heard of this young man but he is truly an amazing athlete. He has not made a commitment yet as he and his family discuss this very important decision.

Go Mountaineers

• Replies 26
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Congratulations Mike! If you accept the Army's offer, here are a couple of things to learn quickly:

1. The term HOOHA! It is the Army's universal answer to all questions and situations. For example, "do you want to eat? HOOHA. Did you sleep well last night? HOOHA. Are you going to beat Navy? HOOHA.

2. The meaning of the term SECURE is dependant upon the branch of service. For example, if you tell the Army, the Marines, and the Air Force to secure the same building the following outcomes will occur:

Army: They will rapidly clear the area of operations of enemy, capture all building occupants and set up 360 security.

Marines: They will kill all enemy in the area of operations, kill all in the building, and then destroy the building.

Air Force: We will take a five-year lease with two one-year options and order an expresso machine for each floor.

Good luck Mike! Job well done! HOOHA

Linkburrow - you evidentially don't have your PM box set up, so I can't send you this privately.

Are you related to Cermak? If so, please send me a PM. My son graduated from West Point in May, and I would be more than happy to answer any questions that any of the family has about The Academy and about being the parent of a Cadet. Attending one of the service academies is not anything like attending a civilian college or university, and being a parent of a Cadet/Midshipman is very different, too. If you guys have any questions, please let me know and my wife and I would be happy to help in any way we can.