Alcoa vs. McMinn Central

clintabbott

Chargers i hope you guys show up and play the game of your lives because you and us down here at polk ain't getting any respect this week. Yes I am a polk fan and I'm pulling for teh chargers I love the rival we have with each other but I like to see team do good for are district and hope you guys can pull the upset. Just keep playing hard for 4 quaters and play with pride. From a Polk fan GOOD LUCK CHARGERS BRING IT FRIDAY NIGHT!!!

• Replies 114
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

McMinn Central (edit) fans: those of us who have to see & play Alcoa on a regular basis, and are realistic, understand how good they are, how much depth they have, how much tradition they have, and how well coached they are. We know what type of team it will take to beat them, recent history suggests it takes a team as good as Maryville, and you know the results of that one this year.

So please don't take offense to people saying that Alcoa will beat McMinn Central (edit) easily. Most teams end up measuring their success against Alcoa on whether Alcoa's starters have to play the entire game, or if the margin of defeat is less than 3 TD's. Of course someone will beat them sometime and maybe it will be the Chargers. Good luck.

McMinn fans: those of us who have to see & play Alcoa on a regular basis, and are realistic, understand how good they are, how much depth they have, how much tradition they have, and how well coached they are. We know what type of team it will take to beat them, recent history suggests it takes a team as good as Maryville, and you know the results of that one this year.

So please don't take offense to people saying that Alcoa will beat McMinn easily. Most teams end up measuring their success against Alcoa on whether Alcoa's starters have to play the entire game, or if the margin of defeat is less than 3 TD's. Of course someone will beat them sometime and maybe it will be the Chargers. Good luck.

I understand it doesn't matter a great deal to you guys, but this isn't McMinn. True McMinn did beat Central. But by 4 points and because 5 of our players were in and out the 3rd & 4th quarter with cramps. (the 5 were, 2 linemen, 2 receivers, and the quarter back). Had it not been for that..the outcome would have been different. Pretty or ugly a win is a win. McMinn Central has never played Alcoa...we look forward to Thursday night.

Sorry, I edited my post to read: McMinn Central. I forgot there are two schools with the name McMinn and I'm sure there are identity and pride issues between the two.

Apology excepted FootballDad. McMinn is a 5A school, McMinn Central is 3A. We do have our differences. Good kids in both. Nonetheless, Lord willing, see ya at kickoff. :D

Sorry, I edited my post to read: McMinn Central. I forgot there are two schools with the name McMinn and I'm sure there are identity and pride issues between the two.

Apology excepted FootballDad. McMinn is a 5A school, McMinn Central is 3A. We do have our differences. Good kids in both. Nonetheless, Lord willing, see ya at kickoff. :D

Hope you have a good trip to Alcoa, drive safely. We do look forward to this game. GO TORNADOS

Alcoa will roll. No one will beat them. I have seen Maryville play some darn good teams this year. Catholic,Farragut,Bearden,West,McMinn County and Oak Ridge. Those teams were good but couldn't hold a candle to Alcoa. Maryville has a darn good team this year. Maryville beat some darn good teams this year. Alcoa drilled Maryville's eyes shut. If they played again Alcoa would still beat Maryville but it would be much closer. This Alcoa team is by far the most physical team I ever seen them have. Even in some of their(Alcoa) state title teams this decade they weren't that physical. Maryville beat them because they were much more physical.

Chargers i hope you guys show up and play the game of your lives because you and us down here at polk ain't getting any respect this week. Yes I am a polk fan and I'm pulling for teh chargers I love the rival we have with each other but I like to see team do good for are district and hope you guys can pull the upset. Just keep playing hard for 4 quaters and play with pride. From a Polk fan GOOD LUCK CHARGERS BRING IT FRIDAY NIGHT!!!

thanks polk fan! i'm sure our kids will go up to alcoa and give it their best shot! good luck to the wildcats this friday. beat the pirates and lets show the state that the top half of this district can play some football.

This game will be played on Thursday, Oct. 22 at Alcoa. What are your thoughts?

McMinn Central's win over Kingston was impressive. Alcoa beat Kingston 49-7, McMinn the following week beat Kingston 47-13.

But, I'll take Alcoa 42, McMinn 7

A tornado is nothing but a bunch of hot air. CAK is waiting. Start fearing now! :roflol: