Polk @ South Pitt

SgtEagleFort

I really hope you Polk fans remember this thread next year when you play the Chargers! Our folks can't hold a candle to these Pirates in good ole fashion trash talking, you just thought we had some top level bucket mouths!! :thumb: I would love to be on the fence for this one, heck I may just come on down!!

You took the words right out of my mouth. B)B)

• Replies 392
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

KL and OP...

Realistic speaking, SP should mercy rule most all opponents. I don't say we will mercy rule them I just predict a realistic score. 3 TD's. Is that mercy rule? I have respect for opponents. Respect is saying we will win by x amount of points. Disrespect is saying your team is the worse team ever, you play a pansy schedule, no contest, or whatever. How can predicting a realistic score be considered disrespectful to an opponent? Now who is confused? Realistic pound for pound, athlete for athlete, SP should win by more than 1 or 2 TD's. It is Coach's job to keep the kids focused regarding of what they might here from us fans on here, or around town. And I know without a doubt that Grider is doing just that.

Heck, Mr Nice Guys... you should ask Obama if he will give you his Nobel Peace Prize. :thumb:

I have heard from several quality sources that a win Friday would clinch home field all through out the playoffs for the Pirates....Now that would be great!! SO now we have another reason to play hard Friday night! :thumb:

I have been looking for this info... thanks powerP... I hope this is true.... as long as we win Friday <-- is this respectful enough for you KL and OP?

I called Murphy tonight and asked him about the playoffs. I was reading in my Murphy Fair book and it does not list the playoff bracket. Murphy told me he was pretty sure that the playoffs have changed this year. He told me I could call the TSSAA and ask them about it and they could tell me about it. Let me ask you Polk people a question. Do you think SP is no good and will not win a championship this season? I think Polk has some big strong and fast boys that are real good and real big. These boys are hitters and good players. You think Im joking because Im not. I hope the SP boys are ready to play good and hard in this game. SP has a good team but I think Polk thinks they are a joke but they are not.

Dont ever doubt how the valley plays some football. We city people know that we are going to be in a sluggfest when we play those valley teams. I dont think Polk will hang with South Pitt, they are by far one of the most Athletic teams in the state. Polk talks like Mcminn Central has athletes,maybe but they don't compare to SP. SP beats Polk by a couple scores. Also, i say another one of those valleys teams on the other end of the valley will take care of that Athletic MCminn Central team next week. Best of luck to both teams!

It looks like it is going to be another gully washer come Friday night!!! Ugh!!!! Can't be any worse than a couple weeks ago so lets get dirty and see how this one goes!!!! Are there any handicap parking areas close to the field, my buddy just had double knee replacement and he is looking forward to it?

KL and OP...

Realistic speaking, SP should mercy rule most all opponents. I don't say we will mercy rule them I just predict a realistic score. 3 TD's. Is that mercy rule? I have respect for opponents. Respect is saying we will win by x amount of points. Disrespect is saying your team is the worse team ever, you play a pansy schedule, no contest, or whatever. How can predicting a realistic score be considered disrespectful to an opponent? Now who is confused? Realistic pound for pound, athlete for athlete, SP should win by more than 1 or 2 TD's. It is Coach's job to keep the kids focused regarding of what they might here from us fans on here, or around town. And I know without a doubt that Grider is doing just that.

Heck, Mr Nice Guys... you should ask Obama if he will give you his Nobel Peace Prize. :roflol:

SHM, who had the most athletes last year.....TC or SP? Old Pirate says don't attempt to fool yourself all the posting about the Pirates beating the jackets by 7 of 8 tds in a scrimmage and the players knowing that as well caused a lack of focus. Polk is a good team or they wouldn't be 8-0. Yous can bet the Polk players will have some extra incentive and perhaps.........if the Pirates were to lose......some folkes would blame it ALL on the coaches again......... Purt near sure you can remember hearing coaches attempt to warn the players about fans patting them on the back and telling how good they are. Figure that problem has been magnified a right powerful amount nows. Least ways OP says it sure ain't helping the Pirates preparation. :roflol:

I am glad for the pirates that it is going to be raining Friday night.....For alot of Pirate fans and myself included we have all wondered what would have happened if Terrell would have played against Boyd??? Well, this is our chance to get an idea of what would have happened....Your going to have a wet field and we are playing a similar team to Boyd so to me this is a redemption game to show what we actually got and what Could have happened :roflol:

Dont ever doubt how the valley plays some football. We city people know that we are going to be in a sluggfest when we play those valley teams. I dont think Polk will hang with South Pitt, they are by far one of the most Athletic teams in the state. Polk talks like Mcminn Central has athletes,maybe but they don't compare to SP. SP beats Polk by a couple scores. Also, i say another one of those valleys teams on the other end of the valley will take care of that Athletic MCminn Central team next week. Best of luck to both teams!

You're probably right about SP this week but lets save MC vs SC for next week shall we?