Polk @ South Pitt

SgtEagleFort

KL tried to tell some of you posters about these off the wall predictions. Polk was a very good team that came out and mashed us the first half. KL saw Pirate Tom's prediction of 48-14 and almost croked. Dude, we have a good team, but so do they. KL didn't sit up there in KL's usual spot, because KL didn't want smell the stinch. I was impressed with our guys not to lay down and quit after being down 27-0. This was without a doubt the best team we have played this year. I doubt we will see anyone this good in the playoffs. And for Geno, get back on your meds. It is apparent when you need a prescription refill. You get on here and have diarrhea of the mouth. :thumb:

KL, shut the heck up. You're dumb. First of all, Polk did dominate the first half. Too big of a hole for any team to overcome... however, the might Pirates did, and put them in the perfect spot to tie, or possibly win the game. Great job in the second half, terrible job in the first. Polk smashed mouthed us the first half. I commend Polk Coach on a well thought out game plan that went his way in the first quarter. I question the defense of SP as well PowerP. I commend Terrell on stepping up and being a leader after being knocked out. A couple dropped passes, the fumble, the 3 Int's ( the last Malcolm Jones should have come back to the ball), and SP wins. But that is the woulda coulda shoulda's. Polk suprised me, I admit, and the crow tastes good, but I do agree that these 2 losses to Boyd and Polk will only make us stronger and better come playoff time. You see how we reacted when we needed to. In my opinion we were just outcoached. Great job to both teams, wish you well in the playoffs... now Polk, please make a long run so it helps me stomach the loss a little better :blink:

• Replies 392
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

On the bright side of things...we get everyone healthy back for the playoffs...Grace will not be much of a test next week so tonight was our last night to see where we needed imporvement and Polk did just that! If my vols can beat those pesky elephants tomorrow this one will be easier to stomach :thumb:

KL tried to tell some of you posters about these off the wall predictions. Polk was a very good team that came out and mashed us the first half. KL saw Pirate Tom's prediction of 48-14 and almost croked. Dude, we have a good team, but so do they. KL didn't sit up there in KL's usual spot, because KL didn't want smell the stinch. I was impressed with our guys not to lay down and quit after being down 27-0. This was without a doubt the best team we have played this year. I doubt we will see anyone this good in the playoffs. And for Geno, get back on your meds. It is apparent when you need a prescription refill. You get on here and have diarrhea of the mouth. :thumb:

KL, shut the heck up. You're dumb. First of all, Polk did dominate the first half. Too big of a hole for any team to overcome... however, the might Pirates did, and put them in the perfect spot to tie, or possibly win the game. Great job in the second half, terrible job in the first. Polk smashed mouthed us the first half. I commend Polk Coach on a well thought out game plan that went his way in the first quarter. I question the defense of SP as well PowerP. I commend Terrell on stepping up and being a leader after being knocked out. A couple dropped passes, the fumble, the 3 Int's ( the last Malcolm Jones should have come back to the ball), and SP wins. But that is the woulda coulda shoulda's. Polk suprised me, I admit, and the crow tastes good, but I do agree that these 2 losses to Boyd and Polk will only make us stronger and better come playoff time. You see how we reacted when we needed to. In my opinion we were just outcoached. Great job to both teams, wish you well in the playoffs... now Polk, please make a long run so it helps me stomach the loss a little better :blink:

Hopefully CPM (Coach Pirate Mike) will think twice about making a stupid prediction next time. Here you go questioning the defense now like you did the offense after the Jasper game. KL thinks CPM and CPT (Coach Pirate Tom) along with other will start giving other opponents more respect. It appeared to KL that adjustments were made and we stopped them pretty good the second half. I was just glad the boys didn't roll over and get mercy ruled. Even though we lost, they showed some determination to win after being down by 4 touchdowns.

I will have to say that I was in shock at the end of the 1st quarter. Usually when the score is 21-0, it is the Pirates winning. The Pirates came out flat against a good team and just took a beating the first half. Polk's offensive line just dominated the defensive front the whole first half....and their defense did the same. This type of smack-you-in-the-mouth football is what I remember from the 80's but if it is ran to perfection like Polk did tonight, it is still effective. Point of it is, Polk won the first 3 quarters and the Pirates did not lay down and made a game of it. Polk deserves all the credit for the win and should make a good run in the playoffs.

I hope everyone sees now how much a difference Terrell Robinson makes on this team. There are other atheletes, but the offense's success hinges on whether he plays well. He had a big night, but the three interceptions plus penalties doomed the Pirates. Good luck to the Polk County team the rest of the season. Games like this, win or lose make both teams better.

Hey South Pitt...

good luck with that whole competing with Alcoa thing! hahahhah :thumb:

I still say we could....If Alcoa plays a horrible first half like we did with turnovers and gets down to Polk 27-0 then they will get beat to...not taking away anything from Polk at all but just simply stating....If ya play a bad half its hard to recover...And one thing I liked about Polk....When they hit they hit...I still can not figure why we changed defenses tonight though

Congratulations Polk County. You guys played a heck of a game. Good luck the rest of the way. Looks like we have some fans that may need a little time to swallow all of their crow that they cooked up before the game. Glad to see them not give up.

Polk fans, what happened to number 71 after the game? I hope the young man is doing ok.

KL needs to get off his high horse and quit bashing other Pirate posters. There is no need for this type of thing. If you are a true fan, you will respect other people's opinion and stop bashing. If SP had won big you would have found something to gripe about. If you can't say anything good, don't say anything at all.

i'm not downing the south pitt in my last post don't take that the wrong way but when you guys down polk all week and my brother and some good friends play on polk i take it personal i've know those boys since they was five and i had that on my chest all week.

"We could definitily compete with Alcoa! Beating them I do not know but we could for sure compete"

powerp,

This is the by far the most idiotic post on the entire thread so far, this makes me feel like a champ now because if you seriously believe that SP could hold a flame to Alcoa :thumb::blink::lol: you have got to the biggest, most misinformed, band wagin riding, moron in the history of HS football :lol: ..."Exhale"... Polk might keep it closer than I thought after all!!!!

Coach J - if you will notice the quote is from powerp not from me - I live in Maryville, I know what Alcoa can do! If people want to compete with Alcoa they need to play them- two Blount County teams refuse to schedule them- so they are always trying to find teams to fill out their schedule. They've gone out of state twice in the last four years and will do so again next year.