SP hosts Polk Co

PiRaTe._.MiKe

Give Polk there glory. They beat the 10th smallest school in Tennessee that play's football in 1a..Congratulations on your big win!!!

That small school stuff won't work. 88% picked SP to win in the Big Ones Contest, and some SP fans were predicting a blowout. Polk Co. beat a good team. They should be happy about it. SP shouldn't have much of a problem getting to the title game, then they'll probably have Jo Byrns who'll be tough. BTW, I don't know this to be exact some local people may know better. But, IMO, SP's program probably helps them pull athletes from all over the county, and maybe from out of county. Because, they want to play football for a winner. And, if a boy is a legitimate college prospect, he'd definitely get more recognition at SP than at Whitwell. It doesn't mean they're breaking any rules or that they are recruiting. They just let their performance on the field do all the talking for them. So the small school stuff really doesn't work for me. They have a small enrollment, but it seems they always have a high percentage of athletes in that small population. Probably alot like Trousdale, Bloodlines. The teams have some of the same last names every year.

croz, Old Pirate says majority of players live inside city limits or come from within 7 miles with rural areas at the base of Monteagle mountain and Orme, Tn. producing a few players thru the years. Hum....OP don't rightly know if any are from the New Hope area, which is across the Tn river from SP. The Pirates had 3 transfers this year, 1. kin folkes of coach Vic from Bradley-soph-lineman, coach Wilson's son Cleveland-jr.-TE and J. Howard-jr.-kicker who reportedly has not played since little league. OP can remember.........

1 Sam Picket whose parents lived in Whitwell but always attended SP,

3 current players that live in Jasper, 1 is a cousin to Montrell Mitchell-Blake Mitchell and 2 Hale brothers R.Hale-jr,-RB & C.Hale-fresh-RB. There dad played for the Pirates in the early 90s.

Fact is SP has had a very good group of kids who normally start playing at six yrs old. SP is jest like some other programs that the kids prefer football over anything else. :excl:

I wasn't saying there would be a lot of kids, I just figured about 1 or two a year.

• Replies 124
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

At least we play UP in classifications. Most 1A teams don't. SP and Trousdale have had a great rivalry....evidently you don't know anything about that because it is tied 3-3. There is no shame in losing to the eventual state champion late in the playoffs. Being 1-2 after playing against the #2 team in 2A and the #3 team in 3A is not shameful. Everybody that is on here busting on SP are jealous plain and simple. 3 loses in 3 season with a state title in nothing to hang your head about. Yes we are confident in our team and CROW about it, but most of it is all in fun. There are alot of people that just take it so serious.

94...you are very sensitive....i stated with Trousdale Co being in 2A, you guys should win the state. I did not state anything about your record with Trousdale. They are now in another classification and you do not have to play them on your way to Cookeville.

wingman you don't know much about west tenn. football. huntingdon has only lost to milan and camden ,both 3a teams.both were undefeated until camden got beat this past friday.we'll see you in the playoffs.

Only if you get by UC again then you have to beat JB and I don't think that you can do either. Maybe you mean that you are going to the game to cheer on the Pirates how sweet.

At least we play UP in classifications. Most 1A teams don't. SP and Trousdale have had a great rivalry....evidently you don't know anything about that because it is tied 3-3. There is no shame in losing to the eventual state champion late in the playoffs. Being 1-2 after playing against the #2 team in 2A and the #3 team in 3A is not shameful. Everybody that is on here busting on SP are jealous plain and simple. 3 loses in 3 season with a state title in nothing to hang your head about. Yes we are confident in our team and CROW about it, but most of it is all in fun. There are alot of people that just take it so serious.

94...you are very sensitive....i stated with Trousdale Co being in 2A, you guys should win the state. I did not state anything about your record with Trousdale. They are now in another classification and you do not have to play them on your way to Cookeville.

wingman you don't know much about west tenn. football. huntingdon has only lost to milan and camden ,both 3a teams.both were undefeated until camden got beat this past friday.we'll see you in the playoffs.

You don't have to know ANYTHING about west Tn football to know the 1A state championship goes through South Pitt. And b 4 you jump all over me about bein a SP fan, I'm not.

I dont think Grider made those boys lift alot of weights last week to get strong for the game. Grider needs to make them lift those weights so they will be real strong for the playoffs. Those Polk County boys were big ole strong boys. You think im joking because im not. They were some real big ole boys that were strong too.