SP hosts Polk Co

PiRaTe._.MiKe

Old Pirate says..........SP folkes is jest fine with only 3 losses in the last 4 years............Recon the Pirate supporters can be awlfully proud of that. Very few folkes can say theys got anything better. Least ways the skillet slinger reminds OP that a whack ever now and then sometimes is beneficial.

As far as the 2 losses............nah usins can handle that minor setback, wingman.

op...you don't have a choice, cause 1-2 over the past 2 weeks is reality.

However, with Trousdale Co being in 2A, the Pirates should win the state. Good luck.

• Replies 124
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Old Pirate says..........SP folkes is jest fine with only 3 losses in the last 4 years............Recon the Pirate supporters can be awlfully proud of that. Very few folkes can say theys got anything better. Least ways the skillet slinger reminds OP that a whack ever now and then sometimes is beneficial.

As far as the 2 losses............nah usins can handle that minor setback, wingman.

However, with Trousdale Co being in 2A, the Pirates should win the state. Good luck.

At least we play UP in classifications. Most 1A teams don't. SP and Trousdale have had a great rivalry....evidently you don't know anything about that because it is tied 3-3. There is no shame in losing to the eventual state champion late in the playoffs. Being 1-2 after playing against the #2 team in 2A and the #3 team in 3A is not shameful. Everybody that is on here busting on SP are jealous plain and simple. 3 loses in 3 season with a state title in nothing to hang your head about. Yes we are confident in our team and CROW about it, but most of it is all in fun. There are alot of people that just take it so serious.

It may sound oxymoronic (if thats a real/appropriate word) but, Great game Pirates. Vic and Company must have delivered the all time best motivational halftime speech; two completely different games from first to second half. It showed real character for the Pirates to survive that first half and come out to dominate the entire second. Hats off to the Polk County team also. They're a very good football team. Reminded me of Alcoa; well coached, few mistakes, and right at you. Both teams will do well in post season play. Great game to watch; :thumb: to both teams.

Nohope says :roflol::thumb: to Terrell. Heart and soul of this years Pirate team. Son, you are something special.

Maybe some of the SP fans will quit trashing their opponents on the T.

It's mainly just one person who runs his mouth. It seems every team has at least 1 douche-bag fan that runs their mouth.

yea prolly same clown crying about the poll's and saying sp was gonna mercy rule rest the way he promised that,,,,,that's alittle to much for a high school team

Maybe some of the SP fans will quit trashing their opponents on the T.

It's mainly just one person who runs his mouth. It seems every team has at least 1 douche-bag fan that runs their mouth.

yea prolly same clown crying about the poll's and saying sp was gonna mercy rule rest the way he promised that,,,,,that's alittle to much for a high school team

I do think we will mercy rule every team or get close to it up until the state championship game because we are playing all 1A schools from here on out....Just wait...people will think I am crazy for saying that but just wait that is all I am going to say :roflol: The Boyd and Polk loss will make the Pirates angry and it will make them hungry :roflol:

One South Pittsburg fan here that only said this would be a good game. Polk County is probably a top 5 or 6 3A team. NO, they are not Alcoa but they are a really good football team. No crow to eat for me. I never made a prediction. :roflol: Tell of 2 halves. Polk dominated the first half and South Pittsburg dominated the second half. Polk got the win that's the bottom line, but to say SP was taken to the woodshed is not really an accurate analogy. I was very impressed again with the heart that the SP team showed after digging a big hole. These guys are winners when you can get up off the deck like they did last night. SP just lost for the last time this year. I will eat my crow for that remark if it doesn't come to pass but I still feel confident.

It may sound oxymoronic (if thats a real/appropriate word) but, Great game Pirates. Vic and Company must have delivered the all time best motivational halftime speech; two completely different games from first to second half. It showed real character for the Pirates to survive that first half and come out to dominate the entire second. Hats off to the Polk County team also. They're a very good football team. Reminded me of Alcoa; well coached, few mistakes, and right at you. Both teams will do well in post season play. Great game to watch; :roflol: to both teams.

Nohope says :roflol::oops: to Terrell. Heart and soul of this years Pirate team. Son, you are something special.

nohope......recon your skillet slinger musta named you that..... :roflol: Terrell is the leader of this Pirate team and showed true grit while gitting hammered time after time and some were suspect none calls for roughing the passer. Anyhow he continued to lead his team until the end. Old Pirate says all the guys wearing orange and black showed tremendous heart.

It may sound oxymoronic (if thats a real/appropriate word) but, Great game Pirates. Vic and Company must have delivered the all time best motivational halftime speech; two completely different games from first to second half. It showed real character for the Pirates to survive that first half and come out to dominate the entire second. Hats off to the Polk County team also. They're a very good football team. Reminded me of Alcoa; well coached, few mistakes, and right at you. Both teams will do well in post season play. Great game to watch; :roflol: to both teams.

Nohope says :roflol::oops: to Terrell. Heart and soul of this years Pirate team. Son, you are something special.

nohope......recon your skillet slinger musta named you that..... :roflol: Terrell is the leader of this Pirate team and showed true grit while gitting hammered time after time and some where suspect none calls for roughing the passer. Anyhow he continued to lead his team until the end. Old Pirate says all the guys wearing orange and black showed tremendous heart.

AMEN

News Flash!!! SP is not the only school that play teams in a division higher than themselves. Truth is if SP played 2A and 3A teams weekly they would be a better than average team but not exceptional. That is not saying the kids are better or the coaching staff is, it only means that upper division schools have a larger pool of kids to pull from.

Some SP fans will always have excusses for losses and coulda and woulda comments. They only see the game in their school colors and will not look at the broad picture. SP and Polk are both great teams in their division. Reality stinks

At least we play UP in classifications. Most 1A teams don't. SP and Trousdale have had a great rivalry....evidently you don't know anything about that because it is tied 3-3. There is no shame in losing to the eventual state champion late in the playoffs. Being 1-2 after playing against the #2 team in 2A and the #3 team in 3A is not shameful. Everybody that is on here busting on SP are jealous plain and simple. 3 loses in 3 season with a state title in nothing to hang your head about. Yes we are confident in our team and CROW about it, but most of it is all in fun. There are alot of people that just take it so serious.

94...you are very sensitive....i stated with Trousdale Co being in 2A, you guys should win the state. I did not state anything about your record with Trousdale. They are now in another classification and you do not have to play them on your way to Cookeville.

No their not jealous just sick and tired of hearing how every week is going to be a mercy rule game after the first quater. And tired of hearing S.P. is a little ol single A school. If the fans that get on here made more sense or had more humility about their predictions, people would not be on you after a loss that everyone saw coming.

All quite true. SP & TC both play up in class. Personally I wish TC had more open dates to play

better competition. With this new alignment, we only have two non-district games available.

Had to go out of state to fill one of those. Not as easy as it may sound to make schedules. You

can't just snap your finger & say we're going to play so & so.

You guys are doing fine, as is TC. SP with 3 losses in 3 years. TC 24-1 past 2 yrs. None in state.

Just keep trucking..every road has bumps. Heck of a come back in the 2nd half. Dang near pulled it off.

Try to get OP in a safe house somewhere. That old noggin surely can't take much more. :thumb: