Maryville vs. William Blount 10-23-2009

Red Rebels

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I hope the refs can tell a 'good' extra point fron a 'missed' extra point.....this time

I find it amusing that an Ooltewah fan bringing up the missed extra point in 2007. I never saw a bigger highway robbery than what William Blount got at Ooltewah in 2006. I watched the playback and everytime William Blount got something going out would come a flag. It upset announcers Holden Lail and Mike Treadway so much they turned down their mikes.

Don't throw stones in glass houses.

LOL Amen, Ooltewah is the absolute pits anyway, not even bridesmaids just ushers! William Blount Maryville is always a heated game, I remember the 98 game with Mike Fikert and the finger, and the 99 game when WB got 6 downs when Maryvilles 12th defensive ghost got called for a pass interference. WB seems to be on a down hill slide and this game will not be close. WB I will say the seniors always get a cool group picture...but thats about it.

P.S. Do kids in Blount County still go to Applebees after the games?

I haven't heard that 4 horseman thing in a year or two. LMBO! I might have that issue someplace, I'll look.

Hope this is a good game and no one gets hurt. WB has had another down season when maybe they should not have. The kids over there deserve better in the coaching they have had. I say raise some taxes and pay for better coaching. Heck, taxes are going up on everything else might as well.

Better yet charge and extra $.50 to get into the games and use 100% of it for the football program.

Like I said I hope no one gets hurt and I am sure WB will bring the best they can, they always do.

God Reb's

I remember the 98 game with Mike Fikert and the finger,

I would pay good money for a copy of the Daily Swipe article with the 4 horsemen that ran the week of the WB-MHS game in '98.

LOL, the Daily Swipe, classic. :roflol: I forgot about that Article, they really tried to make them look hardcore. Man that was good stuff, that was back in the times of Chip Cirillo and Tennesseepreps.com, and all the bad info about kids signing to play football at Pellissippi State.

Rain is out of here for now so hopefully we will see a full house and good game conditions. Where are all the WB fans? Have they thrown in the towel and gearing up for basketball season?

Watched the WB Heritage game. WB has some gamers and I like what they do with their QB. Look for them to have some success early and ....well we all know what happens when the machine adjusts. Hope for a good safe game tonight. Good luck to both teams!!!

Well.....

Forcast call's for another wet and nasty Friday. Haven't been through town lately. How's the field looking at the "Skeeter Dome" ?

tpoole12

Field is looking pretty solid. We have not had a home game for 3 weeks now. Conditions should not be much of a factor.

Well.....

Forcast call's for another wet and nasty Friday. Haven't been through town lately. How's the field looking at the "Skeeter Dome" ?

tpoole12

Field is looking pretty solid. We have not had a home game for 3 weeks now. Conditions should not be much of a factor.

Thanks MHS82

I thought everyone wasn't speaking to me. There's some of that going around. Can't imagine why.. :angry: Looks like the weather has cleared anyway. The wind is up here. Maybe it will dry things up then lay a little about dark.. About time to go...

GO GOVS

tpoole12

While I'm not really surprised by the outcome, even though I was guilty of some wishful thinking, I never expected us to be shut out. Congratulations Maryville on your win and getting 1st in the district. We'll keep on battling and getting better. Maybe next year we'll make it a much closer contest. Still very proud of the Govs for fighting till the end.

By the way, I may be in the minority, but I don't think that it is necessary for a team to take a knee when there is an injury on the field...it may be an act of courtesy, but Maryville always exhibits good sportsmanship whether they take a knee or not.