Smith Co. at York Oct. 30

owlgolf09

• Replies 150
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Smith Co. will need to win this game and have Dekalb win to be District Champs.

Who does everyone think will win this one?

SC will have to step up and play this week after the beating cannon gave them. I think Maynord will have them ready to go this week. If York wins, it will have to be because they are truly a better team than SC, and IMO they are not, but of course neither was Cannon and Westmoreland. But that is just my opinion.

SC will have to step up and play this week after the beating cannon gave them. I think Maynord will have them ready to go this week. If York wins, it will have to be because they are truly a better team than SC, and IMO they are not, but of course neither was Cannon and Westmoreland. But that is just my opinion.

If the Owls don't play with more spirit, emotion, aggressiveness, and mental preparation, they will get beat !!!!!!!

York needs to pray for rain. I think its the only way they beat SC. Helps York a little that it's a home game. However, rarely does SC lose two in a row. With a bye week after the loss they have had plenty of time to focus on this game. I would think the Owls come away victorious in a squeeker.

Who would you pick between DeKalb and Livingston? The system is complicated but at least it creates interest all the way through week 10. Teams out of it could affect playoff spots, if they can get to a winning record, and so on.

So if Livingston beats DeKalb, and Cannon beats Upperman as expected, Cannon is champ no matter the Smith-York outcome?

If the Owls don't play with more spirit, emotion, aggressiveness, and mental preparation, they will get beat !!!!!!!

I think the Cannon score speaks for itself!!!Seems we where the better team this night.

I think it could be anyone's guess. If my Owls come out and play aggressive football it will be a barn burner. If they come out and play like they did last game and a few other games, they will get whipped. As far as who is the better team in the district, it has to be Cannon Co. right now. We had the opportunity two weeks ago during the biggest game of the year for us. District Championship on the line and we flat out got spanked. We need to come together this week as a team and grab the bull by the horns! Go Owls!

:roflol:

No way does York want it to rain! That is how LA upset them...playing in a foot of mud. York went right down the field and scored and their first possession when you could still move on the field. Pretty quickly it became just a mud bowl. Both York & Smith haven't played to their potential. York lost close 3 games which could have turned around on just one or two plays. At CC they were up 14-0 at the half, then didn't adjust to CC's play in the 2nd half. When they got down after the final CC TD they got the ball at the 40 (another mud game) and instead of taking the ball the coach took the penalty and CC kicked again and York fumbled. They may not have scored if they had taken the ball at the 40, but they had a chance. Against DeKalb they helped DeKalb's final TD by getting a personal foul and giving them a first down, keeping the drive alive. Then at the end when they had the ball at the 17...after running it down the field, on 3rd and 4 threw instead of trying 1 or 2 running plays. It was intercepted. Again at LA, 3 personal on York fouls helped LA and a fumbel in OT cost them the game. A play here or there and York could have been 9-0. But CC, DeKalb & LA did what they needed to and deserved the wins. But Smith got beat by Westmoreland (!) and clobbered by Cannon Co., so I think when the Owls are off, they are way off, where York has lost very close ones. On a good field York wins.

I think it could be anyone's guess. If my Owls come out and play aggressive football it will be a barn burner. If they come out and play like they did last game and a few other games, they will get whipped. As far as who is the better team in the district, it has to be Cannon Co. right now. We had the opportunity two weeks ago during the biggest game of the year for us. District Championship on the line and we flat out got spanked. We need to come together this week as a team and grab the bull by the horns! Go Owls!

:roflolk:

OriginalSC3 you have said it all in a nutshell!!! If the Owl team that played Cannon Co shows up.. well they will once again get taken to the woodshed..... BUT!!! If the Owl team that played White House shows up!!! Watch out York!!! Cmon Owls pick your head back up and focus!!!! I am really surprised Termite hasnt posted too.. Termite is after all "the voice of Smith Co"" And what about you bluebellz??? what do you think??? Cmon gal!!!