Sequatchie at McMinn Central

Indian

I hope people don't take what I wrote earlier & think I was saying Sequatchie can beat Alcoa, What I said was they would sure know we were there, it truely don't think it would be a blowout mercy rule game but head to head, yes would would get beat by Alcoa. I think some Central fans might be in for a little suprise this friday, these kids are ready to play friday night & like I said earlier, Coach Barger & our Indians WILL NOT LAY DOWN FOR AYNBODY!!! If you beat us you will earn it just ask the people that have beat us this year. I hope we get through this game injury free & I hope we have a good run in the playoff's as this community is ready for that. Central has probally played tougher opponets but only because of how weak Notre Dame, & Christian are this year. I look foward to friday night & say my indians come home with a big upset in true Purple & Gold Fashion!

• Replies 107
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Sequatchie will not be a serious contender, Bledsoe will not be a serious contender, and it depends on who central gets round one whether or not they win a game in the playoffs.

I agree with the Doc, it looks like Central may get tyner in the 1st round. That will be a good test for them. I would like to see a re-match of Polk vs Central because not only would it be a playoff game but that rivalry has gotten huge over the past few years. As for Sequatchie thinking they can contend with Alcoa, be serious your not the best in the valley, South Pitt is, and as good as they are I don't know if they could contend with Alcoa.

I'd venture to say that Polk wouldn't mind a rematch either :huh:

I hope people don't take what I wrote earlier & think I was saying Sequatchie can beat Alcoa, What I said was they would sure know we were there, it truely don't think it would be a blowout mercy rule game but head to head, yes would would get beat by Alcoa. I think some Central fans might be in for a little suprise this friday, these kids are ready to play friday night & like I said earlier, Coach Barger & our Indians WILL NOT LAY DOWN FOR AYNBODY!!! If you beat us you will earn it just ask the people that have beat us this year. I hope we get through this game injury free & I hope we have a good run in the playoff's as this community is ready for that. Central has probally played tougher opponets but only because of how weak Notre Dame, & Christian are this year. I look foward to friday night & say my indians come home with a big upset in true Purple & Gold Fashion!

As with all 3A teams, to stay out of the mercy rule, Alcoa has to be beating themselves.

im gonna go ahead and throw myself a post in here lol...

ok so i dont know much about sequatchies players considerin it sounds like their kicker is their best player...no disrespect but thats been the only one ive seen mentioned and i do believe my boy jamin who was also on the soccer team with me can keep up with him seeing as to how he kicked a 70 yard punt in practice(made clear by team and coaches).

But my question is can Sequatchie hang with the skills positions cause Josh Moss(WR) well he is definately one of the fastest and best in this area along with simpson ragland and walker so do they have people who can stick with these guys...

and on the defensive note get ready cause they rattle your cage and knock you out of play...

another comment i seen was about us getting beat by polk and alcoa...we never laid down, we never gave up, we were beat straight up and didnt complain except for some fans here and there about the polk game officials...

and plz dont go ahead and say you could stick with alcoa because powerhouse Maryville couldnt even hang with em...i mean they had one player run for 400 yard and your team all together came up with 400 yards a single person matched your teams production...

another thing is scores of the polk,alcoa,and mcminn scores dont describe how the game actually looked and how hard the players actually played...

I heard sequatchie plays a lil like polk but arent as hard hittin and tough but trust me after the seqouyah game our players learned not to go into any game thinking it was gonna be a blowout...

so just get ready to get hit harder than you have all year and it would be smart to take i think it was cabinmans advice and listen cause apparently he knows somethin you dont...

i am confused why evey one thinks mcminn is the better team because the played alcoa like eveyone else who plays alco they lost and bad perhaps if you had been competitive with alcoa i would be worried no we have not played alcoa or polk again not competive but atleast double digits; we have however been in evey game congradulations on beating kingston since they are 5 and 4 and being close with rival mcminn they are 7-2 see you friday dont uncork the champaign yet . oh we played south pitt in jambore and lost does that make us better i hope so

im gonna go ahead and throw myself a post in here lol...

ok so i dont know much about sequatchies players considerin it sounds like their kicker is their best player...no disrespect but thats been the only one ive seen mentioned and i do believe my boy jamin who was also on the soccer team with me can keep up with him seeing as to how he kicked a 70 yard punt in practice(made clear by team and coaches).

If I'm not mistaken charger2, your man Jamin kicked a 70 yard punt in the Alcoa game. The line was on the 30...his punt landed in the endzone. Go Chargers!

I asked 8 Meigs County fans (3 are Meigs' player's parents) over the past two days who they thought would win the game, since the Tigers played both teams. ALL of them picked McMinn Central, as well as all three of the Meigs Co. players, for what it's worth.

And I might note that as big a rivalry as there is between Meigs County and McMinn Central, it grieved everyone of them to predict a Charger victory. :flower:

Meigs only gained 25-30 yards through nearly 3 full quarters against the starting defense last Thursday and only reached their own 40 yard line during that time. I can't see any team this year so far holding them down to nothing like that so I'm surprised you got unanimous picks for Central. That said, comparing common opponents and the results can be deceiving so we'll just have to see what happens Friday.

FYI: Having talked to more Meigs's players, former players, and two Meigs' coaches, not a one picked Sequatchie to win.

Central's defensive starters had the same success as Sequatchie in keeping Meigs botled up deep in their territory, without any first downs the first half......and Meigs only started moving the ball with any degree of success after Central had unloaded the bench in the third quarter. The present Meigs players and the two coaches I talked to this week said Central's offense was MUCH more dominating than Sequatchie's......and they added that Central's special teams were much better. So, take it for what it's worth.

sports nut yes you are right jamin did do it in the game to...

and on the negative comment about bein competitive with alcoa...

did you play alcoa?

and uh once again did i mention they had one player who had as many yards as your whole team and he also averages the same amount of td's your team does a game lol so plz tell me you stand a better chance, when even alcoa fans were saying we were on of the most physical they have seen along with maryville who they destroyed at maryville in which the rb had all their td's and over 400 yards...

You will see when you try to run it up the middle to our DT'S because thats our so called week point on our defense. You gonna get a big surprise that your not ready for, and tell your rb's #44 and whatever the other kid is to get comfortable to the ground in the backfield along with your qb...

and on the polk game, well thats another subject in which you indians obviously stand no chance, then mcminn lets look at somethin MCMINN=5A MCMINN CENTRAL=A/AA, and if it wasnt for cramps and game suspensions to some players that would be a W also, got take a look at the schedule strength and look at the difference of yours and ours...

MC-38 SQ-17

I asked 8 Meigs County fans (3 are Meigs' player's parents) over the past two days who they thought would win the game, since the Tigers played both teams. ALL of them picked McMinn Central, as well as all three of the Meigs Co. players, for what it's worth.

And I might note that as big a rivalry as there is between Meigs County and McMinn Central, it grieved everyone of them to predict a Charger victory. :roflol:

Meigs only gained 25-30 yards through nearly 3 full quarters against the starting defense last Thursday and only reached their own 40 yard line during that time. I can't see any team this year so far holding them down to nothing like that so I'm surprised you got unanimous picks for Central. That said, comparing common opponents and the results can be deceiving so we'll just have to see what happens Friday.

FYI: Having talked to more Meigs's players, former players, and two Meigs' coaches, not a one picked Sequatchie to win.

Central's defensive starters had the same success as Sequatchie in keeping Meigs botled up deep in their territory, without any first downs the first half......and Meigs only started moving the ball with any degree of success after Central had unloaded the bench in the third quarter. The present Meigs players and the two coaches I talked to this week said Central's offense was MUCH more dominating than Sequatchie's......and they added that Central's special teams were much better. So, take it for what it's worth.

I said the same thing on page 4. Go Chargers. Win and keep 1st round on the home field.