Maryville vs. Dobyns-Bennett 1st Round

Red Rebels

Look couch qb, Maybe you can point out a time in history where Viking fans pulling for DB has ever scored a point in the playoffs for DB? Or vise-versa? All im saying is DB is on their on here. Its up to the players and coaches and just maybe the DB fans in the stands will help out. There won't be any Viking fans or South fans, or Daniel Boone fans in Maryville Friday night. Its all fine and dandy to say you support the upper east tn. teams here on CoachT, but I'd be willing to bet my life that if it is announced at the TH game friday night that Maryville is beating DB there will be high fives all over the place. I know how you roll in Bristol. :thumb:

Then you'd be wrong..my feeling are hurt ..sniff..sniff :thumb: ...i,m leaving.

• Replies 335
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I watched your game against Farragut and you guys are really good.The way your offense will use different sets and either be a straight up throwing team or a power running team.Then you may run some option or just do a little of everything.You have good size and speed all over the place.Your quarterback can hit recievers with great accuracy.I seen a lot of things you do and I just don't see you guys making a lot of mistakes on offense.Farragut has an all state QB,running back and wide reciever.It took every bit of it to keep your game close and Farragut is a very big and athletic team in their own right.This is the best team that Dobyns- Bennett has played in a long time.That's coming after we just played one of the hardest schedules by strenth in the state. Your a combo of probably any two of the teams we played this year.We will do good to beat you by the two touchdowns I'm giving on bets.I just wondered if you were still reading,so I threw the last line in for fun. :ph34r: I look forward to a great game and seeing all the fine people that I talk to at the scrimmages between us.

Look couch qb, Maybe you can point out a time in history where Viking fans pulling for DB has ever scored a point in the playoffs for DB? Or vise-versa? All im saying is DB is on their on here. Its up to the players and coaches and just maybe the DB fans in the stands will help out. There won't be any Viking fans or South fans, or Daniel Boone fans in Maryville Friday night. Its all fine and dandy to say you support the upper east tn. teams here on CoachT, but I'd be willing to bet my life that if it is announced at the TH game friday night that Maryville is beating DB there will be high fives all over the place. I know how you roll in Bristol. :thumb:

I can really feel the love you D-B and TN-High fans have for one another. Thanks for sharing.

Maybe D-B can borrow that smoking helmet thing TN-High brought up here when they were like 13-0. I still have fond memories of that semi game. Anyone remember that?

I can really feel the love you D-B and TN-High fans have for one another. Thanks for sharing.

Maybe D-B can borrow that smoking helmet thing TN-High brought up here when they were like 13-0. I still have fond memories of that semi game. Anyone remember that?

I hope the Indians don't do the tribal walk Friday or FBE will be livid. :lol:

STARSNBARS Mairvul travull gide fer Dobbuns Bent-It fanz.....

EATIN' PLACES...

Hi Dollur...Foothills Minin' Kumpney, Sullyvuns

Bar-B-Q...Bread ov Heavun, Buddees, Old fillun' stashun on Worshingtun Streat

Mexxycun...Lost Ameegoes (Rebullron luvs tha food and waitresses), El Jimmydoors (mommaSTARS favritt), Pondchoe's, Montaray

Jappyknees...Hanas, Hibochy on Calderwould

Homestyle...Dubbs (Fer a meal you'll nevur fergit), Graycee's, Crack-Her Barrull

Eyetalyun...Little place next two Lost Ameegoes, Gondaleer

PeteSir...Ooo-Nose, Bellarome-uh, PeteSir Hutt, DomineeNose

Ragalur...Aubreeze, Rooby Tuesdee, Chilly's, Fridees, ShowKnees

Best Burgurr...Tea Sea's Grill, 5 Geyes, Hott Rodds, Back Yard Burgurrs

Best Sammiches...Subs and Such, QuizNose, FarrHouse, Dubbs (Fried balonee and JFG mannays, mommaSTARS favritt)

Best Coffee...(Hi Dollur) Starbucks...(Cheep) Dubbs

Best Hot Dogs...Uncle Dave's Markitt

Best live musick...Brackins, Rebullsman's CarryYokee Masheen

SLEEPIN' PLACES...

Hi Dollur...Airport Hiltun, Hollyday Inn Express

Cheep...Shamrock (Brang yore own piller cases, sheets, bleech, bug spray, and toilit paper)

.......... :thumb:

I like the "Old fillun' stashun on Worshingtun Streat" and have been meanin' to go up to "Bread ov Heavun." Isn't BOH where the old Slack Shack was, just up from Chigger's Amaco Station? :thumb:

I like the "Old fillun' stashun on Worshingtun Streat" and have been meanin' to go up to "Bread ov Heavun." Isn't BOH where the old Slack Shack was, just up from Chigger's Amaco Station? :thumb:

That's hit Red Rebulls.... :thumb:

All us old guys have ideas of how this one will play out, but Indian players, last time I checked it's still 11 on 11 and you guys know anything is possible in the first round. Play like you guys did vs. Sullivan South and it will be really interesting. Good luck from NET fans!

Your right on Pudding,except we can't make the stupid mistakes that went along with that game.Maryville will score on any team,and as I said at the very start of the year,our offense will have to play ball control with nice long scoring drives.I seen some of the things their offense will do and our defensive backfield will have to change on a dime from play to play.We can't give them space and have to watch getting burnt at the same time.They are big up front and everyone knows that we play five linebacker size guys with one big guy if we have one.They will double with wideouts by crackbacking and that will mean our linebackers will have to make perfect reads or Maryville will go inside or jump outside either way for big gains.Would I trade this game for any other,NO WAY !!

Many DB fans have made the comment that Maryville is now playing with the BIG BOYS and won't continue to have the success that they have enjoyed in the past. I've also listened to many DB fans talk about how they "hung with" or even "got the best of" the Red Rebels in scrimmages. Well it's now time to pay the piper!!! :thumb: I was more excited about seeing that you were going to end your season at the Black Hole than I was about seeing my own teams match-up. No doubt in my mind that DB is going to get schooled all night long in this game... so get your note books out. I only have one more thing to say. While you're down there in Maryville make sure you take pictures to hang on your wall as a reminder of where your season is going to end from now on... year, after year, after year...... :thumb:

Maybe they could take some pictures of state championship trophies, too, since they've never 'won" one on a playing field!

That was one of my favorite games EVER! There was soo much unbelievable hype following that team down to the Skeeter, they looked huge running out through the helmet, looked great warming up...and about 2 minutes into the game it was absolutely clear that it was completely over. Beautiful!

Here's something I think about with this week's matchup...the familiarity factor. I've said over the years that a lot of teams suffer from what I call the "next level effect" when they play Maryville. That's not some arrogant thing...it's just saying that even VERY good teams don't always know what it takes to win at the top level until they've actually been there and done it. As such, a lot of teams run into teams like Maryville that know about executing year-round, and then play by play, and who truly know what to do to win...and that takes them out of their game. DB probably shouldn't be shocked or awed against the Rebels since they see them every year in scrimmages. Right?