DII Championship - What Idiot put this game in Cookeville?

bigvalvenus

As it has been well proven the TSSAA does not care about the private schools. They have the multiplier, Z-Plan, and a championship games on Thursday. They didn't even take the time to get the brackets right in a division with no wildcards. How do you reverse the two districts and no one catch it. As far as attendence, most of the public schools love it when they get one of the mid size to large privates in town. It is one of the better gates for the year as the fans actually come to the game. The privates are the evil step child and no one at the TSSAA cares as evidenced by a Thursday championship game with no coverage versus what they do for the public schools. They don't care about the saftey of the kids when schools with 300 have to play 40% of there games against schools with enrollments over 1,000. All TSSAA cares about is money. Money talks so how long before someone puts together a private school association and the privates pull out of TSSAA. If they saw the money was going to leave then maybe they would listen.

• Replies 49
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have seen Alcoa Play and also MUS Play this year. I saw the Alcoa -vs-Maryville game, and 3 MUS games this year. Without a doubt and I have no dog in the hunt here, plus I did play in college for 4 years as well and scout talent for an SEC School. In my opinion, MUS would beat Alcoa by at least 3 to 4 touchdowns. The game would not even be close. MUS has so much more talent and is just better coached that it is not funny. I have not seen Ensworth play this year so I cannot make a call on that game. I would also say that South Panola would beat Alcoa as well pretty easily to be exact. Whoever thinks Alcoa would stay on the field with these teams does not know football or has not seen the teams play.

I don't really ever remember a lot of representation from west Tn. on the boards here. It's a shame, particularly since right now they seem to be playing some top flight football down there. I've seen Ensworth play and thought they were a very good team, although I don't think the MBA team they played was really top flight competition. Much as it pains me to do anything that puts money in the TSSAA's coffers, if the championship comes down to MUS-Ensworth, I'll probably pay to see the streaming broadcast of it.

Please, please - can we please (did I say please) have ONE thread that does not turn into about how wonderful Alcoa is? PLEEEEEEAAAAAASSSSSEEEEEEE The one West Tennessee thread has been hijacked - don't let them have the Div II threads also.

The Alcoa question is exactly the type that can't be answered as the play-offs are structured now. Many people in TN might like to have the question answered with a game, which seems to be what many Division II fans desire. Maybe the TSSAA would listen if enough people wanted the real answer to questions such as this one which occur each year. However, if Alcoa played a Division II school in the play-offs, the loyal Alcoa fans would certainly dominate the Division II boards. Maybe Division II posters like movin want to stay in their own little world.

I have seen Alcoa Play and also MUS Play this year. I saw the Alcoa -vs-Maryville game, and 3 MUS games this year. Without a doubt and I have no dog in the hunt here, plus I did play in college for 4 years as well and scout talent for an SEC School. In my opinion, MUS would beat Alcoa by at least 3 to 4 touchdowns. The game would not even be close. MUS has so much more talent and is just better coached that it is not funny. I have not seen Ensworth play this year so I cannot make a call on that game. I would also say that South Panola would beat Alcoa as well pretty easily to be exact. Whoever thinks Alcoa would stay on the field with these teams does not know football or has not seen the teams play.

Shhhhh! Don't let the Alcoa loyal hear you say that. I haven't seen them play, but they are a bunch of tough posters.

If they wanted to play the private schools, then they should not have driven the private schools out with that insane multiplier. Personally, one year out of Division I and now in Division II, I could not be happier with the places we are playing, the kids we are playing, and the hospitality that is being shown every where we go. So actually, I could not care less about what they want.

If they wanted to play the private schools, then they should not have driven the private schools out with that insane multiplier. Personally, one year out of Division I and now in Division II, I could not be happier with the places we are playing, the kids we are playing, and the hospitality that is being shown every where we go. So actually, I could not care less about what they want.

Gary Rankin was of course the original driving force behind the split back in '97, but he also obviously thinks quite a bit about the private schools as he lobbied furiosly for both the MBA and BGA jobs before heading over to Alcoa.

Alcoa has had some nice teams over the years but they aren't in the same universe as MUS.

Since a game between MUS and Alcoa will not happen. Then.....lets look at it from a statical method.

There are two polls that take various data points to determine strength of a team. The best IMO, is cal preps. the other is Sonny Moores.

Calculating matchup between MUS and Alcoa `2009:

Cal preps - Neutral field - Memphis University (Memphis, TN) 27, Alcoa (TN) 26 (2 point for home field)

Sonny Moore - Neutral field:

1 MEMPHIS UNIVERSITY SCHOOL (MUS) A2 10 0 0 115.29 148.17

2 ALCOA 3A 10 0 0 107.70 142.93 (3 point for HF)

5 point favorite to MUS.

I know this is theoretical........but, it is MUCH better than most people guess' :popcorneater:

One poll show 5 points and the other 1 point. I say this would be a very close game. And if this game could happen I'd take Alcoa and 17 points all day. :hungry:

Sometimes, sometimes, It is not all about you.

:thumb: I love it..........some whinny private school snob is jealous! :thumb:

If that makes you feel good, then wow. Not jealous. Actually quite amused by you. If you don't want to deal with "whinny private school snobs" then stay off the D-II boards - there are plenty of other Alcoa boards. Also find it interesting that I put a general statement on here, and you assume I am talking about your post (but then if IT IS all about you :thumb: ) I wish your team well in the playoffs. I wish mine well also, but somehow, I think my life will not be completely devastated if we do not win it all. :thumb: (by the way, I grew up in public school)