Rd. 2 = Eagleville @ South Pittsburg

PiRaTe._.MiKe

Roy Dilliard. It is Eagleville, not Eaglesville. To answer your question about James Porterfield, he is a big youngun. He plays on the defensive line. He is not the most athletic thing, however he does an decent job. It would surprise me if he is attracting interest from any colleges.

It is a gross understatement to say that EHS is an overwhelming underdog in this game. This team making the second round of the playoffs is a wonderful achievement. Being an Eagleville graduate and supporter I wish them the best of luck Friday night. If they are to make this game even remotely competitive they will have to play nearly perfect ball, get some help from South Pitt, and get every conceivable break one can imagine. I know that statement is not very optimistic, however one has to be realistic. I hope they go down there play hard, play loose, and have fun.

I look forward to the trip. South Pitt has a tremendous tradition and I have heard the atmosphere for game nights is really special. Good luck Eagles!!!!!!!!!!!!

Welcome to the T. There are some great folks in Eagleville. Have a safe trip. If you have time, you might want to drive thru Shelbyville, Tullahoma, Winchester, Cowan and Sewanee to see the great fall colors going up the side of the mountain where "The Cross" is.

• Replies 130
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Roy Dilliard. It is Eagleville, not Eaglesville. To answer your question about James Porterfield, he is a big youngun. He plays on the defensive line. He is not the most athletic thing, however he does an decent job. It would surprise me if he is attracting interest from any colleges.

It is a gross understatement to say that EHS is an overwhelming underdog in this game. This team making the second round of the playoffs is a wonderful achievement. Being an Eagleville graduate and supporter I wish them the best of luck Friday night. If they are to make this game even remotely competitive they will have to play nearly perfect ball, get some help from South Pitt, and get every conceivable break one can imagine. I know that statement is not very optimistic, however one has to be realistic. I hope they go down there play hard, play loose, and have fun.

I look forward to the trip. South Pitt has a tremendous tradition and I have heard the atmosphere for game nights is really special. Good luck Eagles!!!!!!!!!!!!

Welcome to the T. There are some great folks in Eagleville. Have a safe trip. If you have time, you might want to drive thru Shelbyville, Tullahoma, Winchester, Cowan and Sewanee to see the great fall colors going up the side of the mountain where "The Cross" is.

Thanks Wingman. I am a little biased, however my little hometown does have some great folks who reside there. That drive is very scenic. I have been that cross several times. It is absolutely amazing and what it represents is even more amazing.

UncleDave just noticed on the TSSAA website that the Class A game is on Thursday, December 3rd???? When did it change to a Thursday??

I think you may have misread it.

Dec. 3...Div.II games @ 3:30pm & 7:00pm ( Thursday )

Dec. 4..Div.I Games..1A @ 12:00pm, 3A @ 3:30 pm, 5A @ 7:00 pm ( Friday )

Dec. 5..Div.I Games..2A @12:00 pm, 4A @ 3:30 pm, 6A @ 7:00 pm ( Saturday )

Grunt hit it right on the head with the championship game, here it is straight from the tssaa website: Division I BlueCross Bowl Class 1A, 3A, and 5A championship games are to start at 12:00 p.m. (CT), 3:30 p.m. (CT) and 7:00 p.m. (CT), respectively on December 4.

Prediction time for tomorrow night is starters play the whole game to get it together for a deep run.....

SP-55

Eagleville-13

I did not look in my Murphy Fair book today about this game. I think I have this Eaglesville team figured out. They are real big ole boys but I do not think they have a whole lot of speed. I believe that SP will play hard and good in this game. Let me ask you Eaglesville people a question. How could a college not be wanting a big ole boy like that Porterfield boy that is 6 ft 3 inches and 330 pounds. He is a huge big boy and those colleges like those boys that are that size. Does anyone know if Grider made those boys do side body blocks this week to block that big boy? The team will need to send 2 or 3 blockers on that big ole boy so we can knock a good hole for our runners to run through. Let me ask you another question. What kind of pregame speach will Grider give to the boys for this game? I hope he has them ready to play or our season will be over. I think these boys at Eaglesville will be real strong boys that are real tough too. Let me ask you another question. Did anyone find out if Grider has made the boys lift extra weights this week to make them strong and good for the game on Friday. Those SP boys are fast boys. Did that coach at Eaglesville make the boys chase chickens or rabbits this week at practice? If they can catch those fast animals then they can catch those fast boys. You think im joking because I am not. It will help them get real quick if they practice it.