Ooltewah Football

TNsteeler

Hey fish sounds like you have it all figured out with your analogy. Bzot you must have good inside info so it looks like the Owl train should keep on rolling. The bottom line is that the Hamilton County Schools are to diluted to compete on the big stage of the state football programs. What if there were fewer schools in HC with bigger numbers in all the schools (WOW).

• Replies 318
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What are you guys smoking.....EH is certainly going to effect Owls athletics. As far as the school being full, there is already plans to build a middle school out on the property adjacent to Apison elementary with construction to start next year, then EH will be just a high school with the capacity of about 1600 high school students. EH will probably be playing Owls head up in 2 years. Yall guys arent being realistic thinking that you have not lost athletes to the new school. I think its a sense of false security because some of the current sophmores and juniors decided to stay. I cant blame them, but you need to take a look at what is coming up in the Hurricane program. Sure its gonna take a minit to develop, but its coming. How many Owls freshman were ready to start on Varsity this year. EH has several freshmen (Caldwell, Warren, Jackson and Rodriquez) that that will see 4 yrs as starters as well as numerous sophmores (Moore, Stubbs, Patterson, Galanto, and Williamson others, Jrs (Paone, Epperson, Jetton, Fearn, Parton, Johnston) that will bring experience and depth to a winning team in a couple of years. You can see it already in the OMS program that went from winning all last year to losing all this year. I love the Owls program, but I think its gonna change....good luck to us all.

Ok beast sounds like there are alot of returning players coming back to EH how many are returning to OH for the upcoming season. Do both programs have depth. How did each schools freshmen teams do this year and what about the JV's. Do they both have good programs in those area's. You can't pin hopes on those programs but they can be a semi barometer.

If there wasnt so many private schools here n there...chattanooga would dominate certain years in football and all sports as far as that goes... :thumb:

BZOT that is a major issue in this area from what I see. What is the deal with all these people being so interested in these schools. I mean to pay $20,000.00 a year to send a kid to school and then they wind up at MTSU, UTC, or even better Chatt. State. Also what about putting them into a small religious school to keep them away from the real world. I do not get that one especially since Christ said be fishers of men and he ministered to the real world people he did not hide from them.

If you didn't have the private schools in Chattanooga I think you'd have seen a Signal Mountain High School long ago, an East Brainerd high school already established and maybe even Middle Valley and Lookout Mountain High Schools. "Movers and shakers" connected with those communities wouldn't want their students going to severely overcrowded schools and would have the pull to get things done. Ooltewah wouldn't be hording athletes if that's what was being implied.

If you didn't have the private schools in Chattanooga I think you'd have seen a Signal Mountain High School long ago, an East Brainerd high school already established and maybe even Middle Valley and Lookout Mountain High Schools. "Movers and shakers" connected with those communities wouldn't want their students going to severely overcrowded schools and would have the pull to get things done. Ooltewah wouldn't be hording athletes if that's what was being implied.

Explain more in depth what you mean, Indian??????????????

Do you think the Owls are hording athletes???? I dont understand????

East Hamstring needs to win more than 1 game before you start telling us what will be in a few years.

This is an Owls thread...all you east hammy fans go on back to the pee-wee board and post! :|

I don't know about hording but even some of the Ooltewah supporters have admitted athletes have found their way to Ooltewah over the past decade who likely wouldn't have previously. And that doesn't mean anything under the table was done for it. My point was a lack of private schools, especially the largest including McCallie, Baylor, Notre Dame, CCS, wouldn't necessarily make the rich richer. More schools would have likely been built to prevent overcrowding and existing schools would be performing better with better parental involvement (as is the case with most private school students).

"Bop", were you a cheerleader in high school? You remind me of the little dog trailing the bulldog in the old cartoons, hopping and prancing around repeating "You tell 'em Spike, you tell 'em!"

Three points to the posts on this thread:

1) We don't need "big" linemen in the halls, we don't need "transfers", we don't need the lost talent from East Hamilton, we don't need a new coach, we don't need the boys that did not choose to play for whatever reason. These are all distractions from the most important point: we need an incredible athlete and leader who can throw the ball . . . yes, a QUARTERBACK! I HOPE I don't have to sit through yet another season without a great QUARTERBACK leading the OWLS! Please let's all agree on that point, OK? I'm talkin' a young Joe Willie, Joe Montana, Marino, Elway, Bradshaw. Can we "horde" B.J. Coleman into putting an Owls jersey on on for Friday Night Lights? I'm dreamin folks, but can you imagine a kid with a GUN of an arm leading us down the field? Quick release, reading the secondary for more than just the first reciever, stiff-arming the defense? Oh, and did I say quick release? GET RID OF THE BALL!

2) You really are on the crack pipe if you don't think that East Hamilton will be a factor to the Owls program in the very near future. Remember - I am a BIG (heh, heh, maybe a little too big) Owls fan, but the Hurricanes will be a real threat. Maybe just two or three years away.

3) Of course the private schools have diluted the public school talent in Chattanooga - DUH!

2) You really are on the crack pipe if you don't think that East Hamilton will be a factor to the Owls program in the very near future. Remember - I am a BIG (heh, heh, maybe a little too big) Owls fan, but the Hurricanes will be a real threat. Maybe just two or three years away.

Thanks LUMBERJACK....Finally somebody with some practical common sense....I am a fan of OWLS football and have been for several years.... the OWLS have been lucky for several years to have a good program. Gatewood developed it and had talented athletes all the way back to Tailback, Patrick Flanagan, who started varsity there as a freshman. But the reality is now the wind has changed direction and the OWLS program unfortunately will lose the ability to reap the rewards from good athletes from the south side of the area because of the new EH school. As I have said many times EH will be a force to reckon with in a couple of years. Hopefully as county growth moves out, both schools will be able to hold their own. I see a great rivalry in a few short years....maybe even at the next TSSAA alignment. Yall just pay close attention to the rising stars at EH....you'll become Hurricane fans as well.