Anderson Co(9-3)@Columbia Central(11-1)Let Get It On......

lion99

• Replies 250
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The problem with current TSSAA officials is that they are human and they can and have been bought off. Without a clear checks and balance then officials will be human. This is what the TSSAA does not have and never have and this has been going on for ages. New rules and investigations need to be instituted. In fact the TSSAA needs to be investigated themselves. A couple of calls to a senator or two will get this done maybe not in time for Sullivan South game but at least for next year.

Anyone wanting to see the altercation that occurred at the end of the game can go to WVLt volunteer tv (sports videos) and see it. Coach/Officer is clearly jacked up and just as aggressive as anyone else in the group. Version I heard had AC coaches talking/complaining to the white hat referee immediately after the game, when the Columbia coach sprinted to them and got in their faces without identifing himself as a police officer. After the pushing began, he started yelling he was a "COP". If this is what Columbia allows to go on at their home games then Sullivan South needs a trooper with state wide jurisdiction on their sidelines, just to keep things in check.

Don't think taking law enforcement officials with state juristition is necessary. As an AC person who talked with the deputies from yhe local Sheriffs Dept., I can say they did their very best to get the thing under control. As I said before the officers were very professional and courteous. The cop/coach works for another law enforcement agency (Columbia City??) The problem was the cop/coach who jumped in without identifying himself. If he is gonna wear both hats he needs to wear some kind of identifiable clothing. To the AC staff he was just a loud mouth coach from the other side buttin in on conversation between AC coaches and officials

Here's the link to the WVLT video: http://www.volunteertv.com/prepxtra/hea ... 33737.html

Note how the cop/coach runs in from nowhere to interject himself into a situation where he didn't belong. Loose cannon indeed. He is clearly emotional and out of control. Those pesky cameras! The Channel 8 cameraman has the entire altercation by the cop/coach on video.

Don't think taking law enforcement officials with state juristition is necessary. As an AC person who talked with the deputies from yhe local Sheriffs Dept., I can say they did their very best to get the thing under control. As I said before the officers were very professional and courteous. The cop/coach works for another law enforcement agency (Columbia City??) The problem was the cop/coach who jumped in without identifying himself. If he is gonna wear both hats he needs to wear some kind of identifiable clothing. To the AC staff he was just a loud mouth coach from the other side buttin in on conversation between AC coaches and officials

I was at the game but didn't see it happen live, but just by the video link provided; I would say the Columbia Coach/Cop was way out of line. Curious if Columbia's #50 seen in the video is related?

TSSAA should investigate the incident and possible fines and game suspensions might be in order.

The refs did not leave Columbia Central's #88 wide open on a 50 yard play at the end of the game.

Had the ball been thrown a bit further, it woulda been an instant 70 TD. Can't blame the QB much. He should not have had an incomplete pass. Every pass he threw was catchable. Not a single pass had a woble to it. The kid plays like he's Drew Breeze. He threaded the needle many a time, and if he had collegiate receivers, he woulda been close to perfect.

I don't hear anyone complaining about the refs when they gave Anderson County a catch when the ball hit the ground. I don't here anyone complaining when their QB grounded the ball without a call. It goes both ways brother. And I read Anderson County's coach complaining in Knoxville how bad the officiating was. Left unsaid was it went his way as much as Columbia.

To those who say Columbia paid off the refs, yeah right. Columbia is in the midst of a major economic turmoil related to General Motors closing the GM Spring Hill plant this month. There is little money here. Some of the home side of the stadium is closed off, because it is dangerous. The stadium is falling apart because there is no money here. We consider the Lions a blessing because they take our mind off what will soon (December) be 30% unemployment rates.

At the end of the game, only one player from Anderson County shook the Columbia Central boys hands. It was their best player, #6. He is a class act. I know that Anderson County is in the foothills of Neyland, but after that game, I'm not sure if any of the Columbia people should go up there. I'm a huge UT fan, but if that is the kind of support they get up around there, I don't know if I want any part of it.

It opened my eyes bigtime. Anderson County seems to be a trashy bunch of people, given their players wouldn't shake their peers on the other team's hands. I know some were black, and maybe that is a problem for an all white team. Thanks to the Clinton guy posting here, I will take it as Anderson County is an exception and known to be classless trash folks. There is talk that the Vols would take the Columbia QB if he were not 6'. It is rumored he has a 75 yard arm, and he's thrown many over 50 and even 60 in the air completions this year. Maybe he's better off somewhere else besides UT, who has not ruled out making him an offer. The reason he hasn't been heard of much this year, is that he's one year behind the President of Pop Warner, who was a great running QB.

Congratulations to #6 on the Anderson County. You sir, will go far in life.

Congratulations Lions. You've made it further than any Columbia team in modern football history. Thanks for giving us something to focus on.

For those of you seniors who have the ability, you need to check into Tennessee Football very closely. I never thought I would say it, and maybe they are as bad as the Anderson County bunch, but Alabama is a heck of a lot closer to Columbia than Knoxville. Make sure the whole region of counties up there aren't like AC before you sign on with UT. Again, I think they are likely an exception, as has been posted here. Just do your research.

BobBBucks, is that the "race card" you are throwing out? No one has gotten anywhere close to that in speaking of the refs. Now that is trashy.

I don't now, you tell me. There was rumored to be racial comments by Anderson County players/coaches that lead to the scuffle after the game.

Tuscaloosa sounding closer and closer.

The refs did not leave Columbia Central's #88 wide open on a 50 yard play at the end of the game.

Had the ball been thrown a bit further, it woulda been an instant 70 TD. Can't blame the QB much. He should not have had an incomplete pass. Every pass he threw was catchable. Not a single pass had a woble to it. The kid plays like he's Drew Breeze. He threaded the needle many a time, and if he had collegiate receivers, he woulda been close to perfect.

I don't hear anyone complaining about the refs when they gave Anderson County a catch when the ball hit the ground. I don't here anyone complaining when their QB grounded the ball without a call. It goes both ways brother. And I read Anderson County's coach complaining in Knoxville how bad the officiating was. Left unsaid was it went his way as much as Columbia.

To those who say Columbia paid off the refs, yeah right. Columbia is in the midst of a major economic turmoil related to General Motors closing the GM Spring Hill plant this month. There is little money here. Some of the home side of the stadium is closed off, because it is dangerous. The stadium is falling apart because there is no money here. We consider the Lions a blessing because they take our mind off what will soon (December) be 30% unemployment rates.

At the end of the game, only one player from Anderson County shook the Columbia Central boys hands. It was their best player, #6. He is a class act. I know that Anderson County is in the foothills of Neyland, but after that game, I'm not sure if any of the Columbia people should go up there. I'm a huge UT fan, but if that is the kind of support they get up around there, I don't know if I want any part of it.

It opened my eyes bigtime. Anderson County seems to be a trashy bunch of people, given their players wouldn't shake their peers on the other team's hands. I know some were black, and maybe that is a problem for an all white team. Thanks to the Clinton guy posting here, I will take it as Anderson County is an exception and known to be classless trash folks. There is talk that the Vols would take the Columbia QB if he were not 6'. It is rumored he has a 75 yard arm, and he's thrown many over 50 and even 60 in the air completions this year. Maybe he's better off somewhere else besides UT, who has not ruled out making him an offer. The reason he hasn't been heard of much this year, is that he's one year behind the President of Pop Warner, who was a great running QB.

Congratulations to #6 on the Anderson County. You sir, will go far in life.

Congratulations Lions. You've made it further than any Columbia team in modern football history. Thanks for giving us something to focus on.

For those of you seniors who have the ability, you need to check into Tennessee Football very closely. I never thought I would say it, and maybe they are as bad as the Anderson County bunch, but Alabama is a heck of a lot closer to Columbia than Knoxville. Make sure the whole region of counties up there aren't like AC before you sign on with UT. Again, I think they are likely an exception, as has been posted here. Just do your research.

Real Classy 1st post on Coacht there BB Bucks.

You call out a whole county, a whole football team but one, and are reconsidering your loyalty to UT all on your very 1st post.

Just for fyi.........Vinny Testerverdee holds the record at the NFL QuarterBack Challenge at 78 yds.