Wayne County vs Jo Byrns

wildcatpride70

• Replies 328
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have seen both teams play a couple of times this year and have no ties to either school. This should be a "slobberknocker!" It's a shame they have to meet this early. It should be an awesome high school football game.

Jo Byrns is a great team and Ashabraner is obviously their primary, not only, weapon. He is one fine running back. Wayne County cannot stop him, as could no one else, they can only hope to slow him down and keep those breakaways to a minimum. Jo Byrns can pass the ball and has targets. They will have to use the passing game more against Wayne County than they have had to in the past. Wayne County's defensive line and backers are pretty good.

Wayne County's offense is explosive as well and can definitely move the ball down the field. They have several very good running backs and a very good quarterback who can throw the ball. I do not know that Jo Byrns has faced a team who can pass the ball as well as Wayne County this year so their pass defense will get tested.

Neither team has been tested very deep into any of their games and this week I would think they will have to play a full game. Both teams are very capable of winning this game. Turnovers will be huge as you don't want to give either team a short field. Jo Byrns has had the advantage in recent history of having Wayne County travel to them and this year the tables are turned on the travel. As most single A teams have to travel, Jo Byrns does travel well but the long bus trip to Waynesboro could be a factor. The winner of this game has a real chance to make it to the BlueCross Bowl. It won't get any easier next week for the winner as they will take on Union City-Huntingdon winner. But for this week I would suspect one whale of a high school football game in Wayne County. Good luck to both teams!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I have seen both teams play a couple of times this year and have no ties to either school. This should be a "slobberknocker!" It's a shame they have to meet this early. It should be an awesome high school football game.

Jo Byrns is a great team and Ashabraner is obviously their primary, not only, weapon. He is one fine running back. Wayne County cannot stop him, as could no one else, they can only hope to slow him down and keep those breakaways to a minimum. Jo Byrns can pass the ball and has targets. They will have to use the passing game more against Wayne County than they have had to in the past. Wayne County's defensive line and backers are pretty good.

Wayne County's offense is explosive as well and can definitely move the ball down the field. They have several very good running backs and a very good quarterback who can throw the ball. I do not know that Jo Byrns has faced a team who can pass the ball as well as Wayne County this year so their pass defense will get tested.

well jo byrns pass defense is pretty good when tested they played him last year and i believe intercepted two maybe three of rices passes i just dont think they have gotten 30 points better

Neither team has been tested very deep into any of their games and this week I would think they will have to play a full game. Both teams are very capable of winning this game. Turnovers will be huge as you don't want to give either team a short field. Jo Byrns has had the advantage in recent history of having Wayne County travel to them and this year the tables are turned on the travel. As most single A teams have to travel, Jo Byrns does travel well but the long bus trip to Waynesboro could be a factor. The winner of this game has a real chance to make it to the BlueCross Bowl. It won't get any easier next week for the winner as they will take on Union City-Huntingdon winner. But for this week I would suspect one whale of a high school football game in Wayne County. Good luck to both teams!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

how does wc defensive line look this year

They are improving each week. #62 & #51 ( both Srs) are huge DTs 280 & 275 that stop up the middle pretty good. #76 (Sr) strong kid & #53 (Soph) quick & aggressive, both are around 200 lbs. Then WC will bring in #79 (Jr) 190 lbs quick & aggressive, #59 (Jr) short but very quick @ 190 lbs, and #67 (Soph) quick & 220 lbs. These guys have been getting after it lately and have really improved since game 1. It would be nice to see them have a great game this week.

JB couldn't stop PC with Tucker

We'll never know but one drive doesn't mean much. I know of 2 JB playoff games where JB drove down and scored on the opening drive and then turned around and didn't do squat the rest of the game. JB v. C'wood in '99 and JB v. Union City in '05. Heck in '99 JB drove 99 yards against C'wood and scored on the opening drive; could be stopped.

I'll be very surprised if JB has a big night running the ball

It sounds like WC fans think the D-line (and overall defense) is much improved over last year; is that true? From the sound of things, WC will have the size advantage up front. If WC does stuff the run JB can still be successful but probably not nearly as much.

The loss of Tucker is the equivalent of JB losing #44

Yes and No...JB played more than half of the East Robertson game without him. The score with him in there was 38-0 JB, the score without him in there was 28-6 ER. Definitely a huge difference but JB was still able to compete. In addition to 44 being out, the starting QB was out, leading wide receiver, and our backup RB. JB still had enough talent to somewhat compete; PC on the other hand couldn't compete without Tucker.

JB hasn't been tested

I feel like Cascade, White House-Heritage, East Robertson, & Harpeth tested JB.

JB has had the advantage of WC traveling to them

Last year JB traveled to WC and got the win.

Since JB made it to the finals last year I will go strictly with that and say they have more experience in big games.. It should be a dandy and I'll take JB by 7..

It's hard to tell or not about the OL & DL as far as being better than last year. WC has 3 new starters on the OL & 3 on the DL from last year's team. I think the older guys are a lot better than they were last year and the new starters are playing well and have improved since game 1. WC LBs are hitters and have played really well this year, but all in all we have not faced JB this year and in the past I've been very impressed with JB's OL & DL. They have always seemed bigger & stronger than WC's and have usually pushed us around pretty good. What about this years OL & DL for JB is it better than last years and are they as big as last years?