Alcoa @ Elizabethton--Semifinal

Tornado89

I will get this started by saying how impressed I was tonight with the Cyclones. Since I live so close to Cyclone Stadium I couldn't miss the opportunity to see who my Tornadoes would face. Let me say this very LOUDLY-----Alcoa had better bring their A game. Elizabethton has a diverse and well balanced offense. They spread the field and have a QB who is more athletic than any one signal caller they have faced this year. Their WR's take take deep, almost sideline splits and they will wear you out with the slant route. Alcoa should forget the fact that CAK beat the Cyclones. I was much more impressed with Elizabethton than CAK not to disrespect CAK. Remember Elizabethton had their 3 best players, including the QB, hurt in that game. Elizabethton reminds me of a "poor man's" Maryville and I do mean that respectfully. They are well coached. Sean Witten reminds me of George Quarles with his play calling. I hope like heck the Alcoa kids do not look over on the other side during warm ups and see that Elizabethton only has about 40 players because that was my first impression at the start of the game. But let me tell you......about half of those players are Seniors and their lineman and linebackers/runningbacks do not go both ways so they are very fresh. Their passing game is going to give Alcoa fits and their QB is very, very athletic. Finally they play 2 runningbacks. Number 25 can absolutely fly and is probably the fastest kid I have seen this year. Number 33 is bigger and is more of a between the tackles kind of runner with quick feet. Alcoa will be able to run the ball though. AE would have been a much better match up for Alcoa IMHO plus it is just different playing up here. It will be about 10 degrees colder than what the Alcoa kids are used to. Just a different environment. I'm excited about the match up as I wont have to drive far to see my Tornadoes :thumb:

• Replies 597
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I refuse to make a prediction on this game because it will be so darn good if EHS plays to their true potential. I'm not going to be there(it KILLS me) and this will be the 1st home game I missed but I will be following on the radio and through texing updates :thumb:

Game of the year right here imo..I truly believe EHS has put a lot of doubters to rest this season, particularly those from Knoxville. We are for real and will give Alcoa a game they won't soon forget :?:

Tornado89, I also have seen Betsy play against CAK. To be perfectly honest I thought CAK played very sloppy that game with like 10 penalties and 2 turnovers. Kind of surprised that Elizabethton lost that game. However it sounds like Elizabethton is playing on all cylinders now. We better come with our A+ game or we will be at home come Dec 4th. jwcardin there is only ONE F5!

I have to admit; I have been suprised w/ how close the Alcoa scores have been in the post season.....

When you play teams with excellent defenses like CAK and Loudon, you are not going to run up huge scores, particularly when the teams are as familiar with Alcoa's offensive tendencies as these two. Alcoa played each team twice this season and has played one or both of the teams twice per season for the past 5 years. There aren't a lot of secrets among these three teams.

You might get an argument from elsewhere in the state, but it's my opinion that District 4 is home to 3 of the top 8 3A teams this year - Alcoa, CAK, and Loudon. This season CAK and Loudon both may have their best teams of the past five years. So, rather than being surprised by the scores, I kind of expected the games to go pretty much the way they went. When you play good competition, you will not always dominate.

I like Elizabethtons team and think they are well coached and deserving of the season they are having. But I don't believe they match up well with Alcoa, primarily because of Alcoa's strong running game and outstanding defensive line. I think emotion & home field along with some good skill position players will help the Cyclones compete, but in the end I don't see them beating Alcoa unless the Tornadoes turn the ball over (which is unusual) or get a large number of penalites. I don't believe the Cyclone defensive front can contain and simultaneously withstand the pounding between the tackles they will take from Alcoa for 4 qtrs, maybe a half, but not the entire game. Betsy's passing game could have some limited effective, but not enough to win the game IMHO. They have good running backs, but they haven't faced a defensive line as good as Alcoa's. But I do believe Elizabethton is dangerous and could beat Alcoa under the right circumstances. Good luck to both teams, but I'm pulling for the district 4 team. In the end I just believe it will be too much Alcoa for the Cyclones to stop.

I like Elizabethtons team and think they are well coached and deserving of the season they are having. But I don't believe they match up well with Alcoa, primarily because of Alcoa's strong running game and outstanding defensive line. I think emotion & home field along with some good skill position players will help the Cyclones compete, but in the end I don't see them beating Alcoa unless the Tornadoes turn the ball over (which is unusual) or get a large number of penalites. I don't believe the Cyclone defensive front can contain and simultaneously withstand the pounding between the tackles they will take from Alcoa for 4 qtrs, maybe a half, but not the entire game. Betsy's passing game could have some limited effective, but not enough to win the game IMHO. They have good running backs, but they haven't faced a defensive line as good as Alcoa's. But I do believe Elizabethton is dangerous and could beat Alcoa under the right circumstances. Good luck to both teams, but I'm pulling for the district 4 team. In the end I just believe it will be too much Alcoa for the Cyclones to stop.
I love being the underdog because we can go out and play and have fun because we all know we are not supposed to beat Alcoa.Just do your best Betsy and you knows we might pull out the biggest upset of all time.