Alcoa @ Elizabethton--Semifinal

Tornado89

I wil be the first to give the devil his due and Alcoa is the best team by far with that be said there is no way that a school with 513 students has 100 players that are that good without the ability to recruit and you all can say what you want but its crap and no one will beat you other than Maryville until that changes! And dont talk about class when you have a team down 27 with 4 min left and you go for it on forth down to score and pad your stats,and then your fans taught with there chants on a group of 20 some seniors knowing its there last game classless! :lol: Just a few questions I have

#1--- How many players pay tution?

#2---How many parents work together at the same place?

#3---How many players are originally from Alcoa?

But thanks for proving a point money can buy Championships! :roflol:

Now lets just see how honest you Alcoa fans can be!

And if your reply is im just a Cyclone fan whining about losing your wrong you all beat us like a drum and will continue to do so until you run out of money or Maryville takes your players or you go private!!!

First of i would like to say that maybe , and this is pushing the limits, that 20% of all students in alcoa are tuition students, and when you knock that down to just teh football team it becomes significantly lower. Second, How many of the players are originally from alcoa? If yiou go back the past 5 or 6 years, names like Randall Cobb, Kyrus Lanxter, Rae Sykes, Troy Hodge and so on stick out in our minds. All of which grew up in Alcoa and most in the Hall Community. Most of our star players have grown up in Alcoa and come all the way to the highschool via midget and middle school programs. So your point there then becomes pointless. I would also like to say that I love when a team boast about how good they are and how their defense is the best in the state and then once we beat them they automatically go to the tuition and recruiting arguement. Weve proved you wrong for years and will continue to, so find another scapegoat. You commented on state championships being able to be bought by money, i would hate to assume that you are taking away from the countless hours these boys put in every week to give this team success, , thats selfish and immature. GROW UP. Were sorry we beat your team , were sorry we scored 34 points on the best defense in the state. WERE SORRY. hope your 13-1 record is appealing to your senses because as long as we are around it will not surpass that. Thank you for your time.

• Replies 597
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So don't want to give examples? That's alright.

mcwrestler:

Give it up, man. I think I have it figured out:

orange and black is their play-by-play announcer on the radio. If you missed it, you missed a comedy show! Alcoa did something wrong on every play and the refs didn't see anything. Also, the refs are from Knoxville (which, if that was true it wouldn't help us a bit!), so that's why we won, too. Hilarious! :roflol:

I don't know what was referenced as to what happened after the game. Here's what I saw:

At about 35 seconds in the game, Alcoa about to score, we left the field without an additional score to let the clock run out. The boys did their handshakes with the other team and went to their side of the field to gather around the coaches and have their talk like they always do. Maybe their upset about the thanks for winning the game the "sweetness of victory". Nothing was done differently last night than any other night.

After looking back at posts, apparently some of the fans were chanting something. I heard some singing the "Goodbye" song (don't know what the real title is), but I think that was more for their fans after everything they said this week about beating us. that's all I heard. Hate that someone got their feelings hurt, but do you think for one minute that if they had beat us, the whole home side wouldn't be chanting something? We can't control the fans, but don't call Alcoa classless. Our boys and coaches are the epitome of class.

Great post rankinated. I say we quit wasting out time on these people and leave it at this.

The burden of proof is on the accuser. So prove something quit throwing out theories and come up with some facts.

I agree with rankinated, these claims take away from the time, blood, sweat and passion these boys put into being the best.

Here we go again.

#1...Alcoa does not pay for players, parents can pay tuition to put them in a great academic school system.

#2...That means Alcoa will not run out of money, that is just ignorant to insinuate we pay for them.

#3...We must have the best recruiters ever since most kids come to alcoa at a young age and play together for years.

Alcoa was open zoned when we were losing games as well. A great feeder program and great training, dedication and tradition with tallent create what you see. Not some group of boosters scouting tallent. I don't have numbers but I can assure you the overwhelming majority of alcoa players and especially playmakers are from alcoa or have been there long before middle school.

Now I know you will refuse to believe a word of this, but I don't think for a second any logic can overrule jealousy that you have towards the program.

Parents working together? I don't think we keep stats on that, we just count rings.

Classless, I wasn't there what happened. Did alcoa celebrate a victory like other schools would have, what should alcoa have done? A moment of silence for the end of betsy's season?

Did you even read my post I never said Alcoa paid tuition you brought that up and I ask how many where originally from Alcoa and you kinda answered that for me! And as far as classless you would not understand its above you I can tell!

Anyway great built team and keep up the good work! And as far as jealous of your program not really just wish we had your resources! I said earlier industry does wonders! Remember your "Aluminum City"

Here we go again.

#1...Alcoa does not pay for players, parents can pay tuition to put them in a great academic school system.

#2...That means Alcoa will not run out of money, that is just ignorant to insinuate we pay for them.

#3...We must have the best recruiters ever since most kids come to alcoa at a young age and play together for years.

Alcoa was open zoned when we were losing games as well. A great feeder program and great training, dedication and tradition with tallent create what you see. Not some group of boosters scouting tallent. I don't have numbers but I can assure you the overwhelming majority of alcoa players and especially playmakers are from alcoa or have been there long before middle school.

Now I know you will refuse to believe a word of this, but I don't think for a second any logic can overrule jealousy that you have towards the program.

Parents working together? I don't think we keep stats on that, we just count rings.

Classless, I wasn't there what happened. Did alcoa celebrate a victory like other schools would have, what should alcoa have done? A moment of silence for the end of betsy's season?

Did you even read my post I never said Alcoa paid tuition you brought that up and I ask how many where originally from Alcoa and you kinda answered that for me! And as far as classless you would not understand its above you I can tell!

Anyway great built team and keep up the good work! And as far as jealous of your program not really just wish we had your resources! I said earlier industry does wonders! Remember your "Aluminum City"

You made the comment we will dominate until we run out of money or are made private, therefore, I assumed you meant that money bought our success, and since you act as if our ooz players also create success I put the two together. Glad you are not as ignorant as I first thought. I really felt bad for you.

As for class being above me, I'm no even going to play that game with you. I'm glad you understand the vast majority of our players are from the aluminum city. For some reason the aluminum plant didn't help us tremendously during the 90s, we must have just built it during the last 8 years.

I wil be the first to give the devil his due and Alcoa is the best team by far with that be said there is no way that a school with 513 students has 100 players that are that good without the ability to recruit and you all can say what you want but its crap and no one will beat you other than Maryville until that changes! And dont talk about class when you have a team down 27 with 4 min left and you go for it on forth down to score and pad your stats,and then your fans taught with there chants on a group of 20 some seniors knowing its there last game classless! :lol: Just a few questions I have

And if your reply is im just a Cyclone fan whining about losing your wrong you all beat us like a drum and will continue to do so until you run out of money or Maryville takes your players or you go private!!!

First of i would like to say that maybe , and this is pushing the limits, that 20% of all students in alcoa are tuition students, and when you knock that down to just teh football team it becomes significantly lower. Second, How many of the players are originally from alcoa? If yiou go back the past 5 or 6 years, names like Randall Cobb, Kyrus Lanxter, Rae Sykes, Troy Hodge and so on stick out in our minds. All of which grew up in Alcoa and most in the Hall Community. Most of our star players have grown up in Alcoa and come all the way to the highschool via midget and middle school programs. So your point there then becomes pointless. I would also like to say that I love when a team boast about how good they are and how their defense is the best in the state and then once we beat them they automatically go to the tuition and recruiting arguement. Weve proved you wrong for years and will continue to, so find another scapegoat. You commented on state championships being able to be bought by money, i would hate to assume that you are taking away from the countless hours these boys put in every week to give this team success, , thats selfish and immature. GROW UP. Were sorry we beat your team , were sorry we scored 34 points on the best defense in the state. WERE SORRY. hope your 13-1 record is appealing to your senses because as long as we are around it will not surpass that. Thank you for your time.

#1--- I guess other teams dont practice and put in the hours!

#2--- You said maybe 20%,so you really dont know and would never let it be known if it were like 60%!

#3---I never said we had the best defense in the state!

#4--- We were 11-3 after last night, and have no excuses you beat us hands down!

#5--You have a great thing going and I wouldnt want to give it up either!

#6--Good Luck in state but you really dont need it!!

Okay, I've read enough without a response. First off, I think you meant taunt instead of "taught". I think there were many lessons "taught" on the field last night, but I don't think our fans taught your seniors anything. Now, on to the answers:

#1: Who cares? I'm sure if a Carter Co. resident wanted to go to EHS and pay tuition he would have that option, just as I'm sure if an Elizabethton resident wanted to go to a Carter Co. school he could.

#2: Right off the top of my head, I don't know of any parents who work together other than the teachers. I know I don't work with any parents; we also have several parents who work in Knoxville at various places.

#3: My son isn't "originally from Alcoa"...we moved here when he was in 7th grade from SC. Had we stayed, he would have been on one of the top large teams in the state. Does that mean he's not a legitimate player? I think not.

I've always heard that there's no such thing as a dumb question, but these questions come awfully close.

We don't have "100 players" on our roster; I'm assuming you're rounding up, but that's a bit of an exaggeration. Every team has fans that others may deem "classless". Fans get caught up in the moment, no matter their age. The coaches can't control that.

Maryville will not "take our players". We both have a tremendous fan base. They are both football towns that happen to have the top schools in the state academically. Alcoa is not a private school, and will never be a private school. You accuse us of recruiting: if having 5 rings in 5 years is recruiting, then we're guilty as charged. Going back to 6 years ago when we got our 1st ring in this string of championships and seeing how hard those boys worked, you're really doing our kids a disservice. They bought into a new way of doing things, worked their hind ends off, and are reaping the benefits. In the meantime, they've learned the life lesson that to get something, you have to work really hard to get it. The current coaches teach the boys humility and being thankful for what you have.

Sorry, your post sounds like sour grapes to me. I think all of us are a little disappointed that the game wasn't closer, but I know I was relieved at the same time for catching a little bit of a break before the championship game. The last 2 games were tough, so it was nice to have a bit of a "breather".

Rankinated was estimating the student population as 20% tuition. That's not the football team. I don't think the team is that high. We have tuition students in the band, on the soccer team (men's and women's), tennis team, basketball team, track team, cheerleading squad, etc. I think you get my point. Nobody is questioning them, although I suspect the men's soccer team will come under fire next.

Anyway, my point is that there is no way we have more than 20% tuition students. Most of the tuition students come to Alcoa for the academics, not sports. When we moved here 7 years ago, the academics are what sold us on Alcoa, not the athletics.

Hope that clears up some things for you.

Now, this thread has been complete. It should be closed.

#2--- You said maybe 20%,so you really dont know and would never let it be known if it were like 60%!

#4--- We were 11-3 after last night, and have no excuses you beat us hands down!

He said maybe 20%, so why don't you give us a real number. I would hate to think you are casting accusations without proof, I mean who does that. Also, pretty sure a school as small as alcoa could not be close to 60% tuition. Tuition students also face stricter grade standards. Football team is less than 20%, starters even less I would think.

So are your accusations founded in numbers, or simply speculation and assumptions.

FITY-ish & T.Gold , you need to shut your BIG MOUTHS , yes I know who you are talking about with the horns and the sign . These people have been sitting on the 50 yr line for years and are the best fans that the kids have !! If you don't like the noise , STAY HOME !!!!!Football games are places where you support the kids and get LOUD . The coaches & boys loved it and that's all that matters . If you don't like it , WATCH FROM THE TELEVSION OR STAY HOME AND LISTEN TO YOUR RADIOS !!! You both need to bend a little , you need stress relievers , rlax , you are too uptight ! Get a grip . It is ignorant to get on this page and dis your own fans . If the people don't yell on that 50 yard line the kids would have noone yelling for them ! You people sit up there like "BUMPS ON LOGS" , with no emotions , if you don't like it , STAY HOME , you evidently just started coming , these fans have been coming for years !!! SHUT UP !!!!!!! :lol::D

Well said! :roflol: 5 of the six fans blowing the horns have been supporting Alcoa football since the 80's and probably well before. The sixth is curtently attending Alcoa and loved the horns! Enough said! GO TORNADOES!

I apologize for the mess up on your record, it was not meant to bring your team or its accomplishments down in any way and yes i say "maybe" 20% becuase its prolly lower than that in reality, i can attest for that being as Im a senior this year and know the kids that are in the school. and i never said that other teams dont practice and put in the hours, i simply said you using the arguement about recruiting and paying our players takes away from all that becuase THAT is why we are good. We have one of the best coaching staffs in the state if not in the nation. Rankin has many sportsmanship awards and even a EA National Coach of the year award. That says alot about or coaches and staff. again ,thank you for your time. Good luck to your team next year.

The alcoa recruiting argument is really getting old. Its been going on for nearly 10 years now. My freshman year in high school I was zoned for William Blount however I lived only 8 minutes from Alcoa (aprox 20 mins non traffic time from WB) guess where I went to school? Alcoa. When I played football at Alcoa (junior and senior year) I drove PAST william Blount (Jr year) and drove PAST Heritage (Sr year) just to play at Alcoa. Could I have gone to either county school? Of course but I would rather play special teams and scattered defense at Alcoa and WIN then play at a county school with a 5-5 or 3-7 record. Yes there are a lot of people that are at alcoa that if you ask them about Shannon Mitchell or Billy Williams they'll have no idea who you're talking about but if they can get a great education...correction, if they can get a BETTER education then where they were before AND get to be apart of something special why should you deny a kid that right?

Alcoa as a city in general has really bloomed in 10-15 years. The ALCOA plants have NOTHING to do with this. The pot rooms in the south plant have shut down. Basically the only plant thats still running 100% is the North Plant. Our "little city" has developed into a decent sized town. I remember a tiny walmart on Hall Rd. Now we have 2 Super Centers within 30mins of each other. When you went out to eat you chose either Shoneys or Kays. Now we have an amazing selection of restaurants at our disposal. Before anyone starts making accusations about recruiting, "buying" championships or anything else, research the place you're bitching about first and learn FACTS and you might be surprised at what you find.

As for other things mentioned. I have to agree the horns were a lil annoying last night. I love the milk jugs with pennys, cowbells and when Duck was there the duck call was great but the horns last night were just obnoxious.