Alcoa @ Elizabethton--Semifinal

Tornado89

I wil be the first to give the devil his due and Alcoa is the best team by far with that be said there is no way that a school with 513 students has 100 players that are that good without the ability to recruit and you all can say what you want but its crap and no one will beat you other than Maryville until that changes! And dont talk about class when you have a team down 27 with 4 min left and you go for it on forth down to score and pad your stats,and then your fans taught with there chants on a group of 20 some seniors knowing its there last game classless! :lol: Just a few questions I have

#1--- How many players pay tution?

#2---How many parents work together at the same place?

#3---How many players are originally from Alcoa?

But thanks for proving a point money can buy Championships! :roflol:

Now lets just see how honest you Alcoa fans can be!

And if your reply is im just a Cyclone fan whining about losing your wrong you all beat us like a drum and will continue to do so until you run out of money or Maryville takes your players or you go private!!!

First off congrats to Elizabethton for their year. Good turn around for Witten and a 3 year deal.

Alcoa, you are a beast. Go feast on whatever it is you all do down there.

Sir, I don't want to put my horse in this race or whatever, but if you look at Elizabethton in the past 20 years or so you know that you've had more kids come to Elizabethton from the three other HS arond your school than most other. Am I saying you all recruit, no, but if given the opportunity where would you play, a Hampton school that (until recently) had little success or a happy valley school that has had little success or an Elizabethton school with a tradition of winning? What do you think happens in their county?

Classless? I've seen Elizabethton run up the score on many a teams and run away laughing, so please, don't point fingers when someone else does it to you.

Don't even post something like this, you all had a heck of the year and by the record....you just played teh best team in the state out of any classification. Face it, like Maryville when you were in Boone's division, the state championship ended at Knoxville. Either go up (which would be really good for you all in my opinion when things change in 2010) or ... play ball. You all had a great year, you all got further along than a team since 1999.... so why put a post where you are starting to ask questions of a team that has sat in similar circumstances as you?

• Replies 597
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I wil be the first to give the devil his due and Alcoa is the best team by far with that be said there is no way that a school with 513 students has 100 players that are that good without the ability to recruit and you all can say what you want but its crap and no one will beat you other than Maryville until that changes! And dont talk about class when you have a team down 27 with 4 min left and you go for it on forth down to score and pad your stats,and then your fans taught with there chants on a group of 20 some seniors knowing its there last game classless! :roflol: Just a few questions I have

#1--- How many players pay tution?

#2---How many parents work together at the same place?

#3---How many players are originally from Alcoa?

But thanks for proving a point money can buy Championships! :lol:

Now lets just see how honest you Alcoa fans can be!

And if your reply is im just a Cyclone fan whining about losing your wrong you all beat us like a drum and will continue to do so until you run out of money or Maryville takes your players or you go private!!!

ORANGE and BLACK: I have family in Carter County. I personally know people who live 12 miles outside the Elizabethton City limits in Stoney Creek and are zoned for Unaka that have gone to Elizabethton. Fill us in on how that works...

First, I would like to congratulate Elizabethton on a great season. You guys have done a great job rebuilding your program.

That being said, I think it's hilarious (and very expected) that Betsy's fans are whining now that Alcoa has shown them who the best team in the state really is. Alcoa fans, you have to understand that Elizabethton has never lost a game in school history. They have always been screwed by the refs or the other team has cheated them. You're getting a taste of what we've had to listen to around here all our lives. They think the Cyclones are perfect, so it's no surprise they think you guys had to "buy" your team.

And the point about county kids going to Betsy is very true. And classless? Please, Elizabethton is one of the most classless teams around. They kicked an onside kick against us leading 41-6. When I commented about it on this website, I was told it was our responsibility to stop the other team no matter the score. I guess it doesn't feel so good when it happens to you, huh, EHS?

I'll close with this: Once again, Betsy, you guys had a great season, but just stop. Give Alcoa the props they so richly deserve and live with it and lose the attitude. There's a reason fans from other schools were supporting Alcoa instead of you, the local team. And no, it's not because we're "jealous," so don't even go there.

And dont talk about class when you have a team down 27 with 4 min left and you go for it on forth down to score and pad your stats,and then your fans taught with there chants on a group of 20 some seniors knowing its there last game classless!

Yeah ewe mean ole Alcouh peepull......GR should haiv told Koko (a freshman bye tha way) two lay down and knot scorr ennymoore....... :bored:

First, I would like to congratulate Elizabethton on a great season. You guys have done a great job rebuilding your program.

That being said, I think it's hilarious (and very expected) that Betsy's fans are whining now that Alcoa has shown them who the best team in the state really is. Alcoa fans, you have to understand that Elizabethton has never lost a game in school history. They have always been screwed by the refs or the other team has cheated them. You're getting a taste of what we've had to listen to around here all our lives. They think the Cyclones are perfect, so it's no surprise they think you guys had to "buy" your team.

And the point about county kids going to Betsy is very true. And classless? Please, Elizabethton is one of the most classless teams around. They kicked an onside kick against us leading 41-6. When I commented about it on this website, I was told it was our responsibility to stop the other team no matter the score. I guess it doesn't feel so good when it happens to you, huh, EHS?

I'll close with this: Once again, Betsy, you guys had a great season, but just stop. Give Alcoa the props they so richly deserve and live with it and lose the attitude. There's a reason fans from other schools were supporting Alcoa instead of you, the local team. And no, it's not because we're "jealous," so don't even go there.

First off HVWarriors don't put all betsy fans in the same category because i for one am not what you say an Elizabethton fan is and lets not talk about classless because i have friends from HV that say the same thing about your fans. I ate with some ALCOA people and they were good people and i told them they had alot to be proud of . They have a great team great coaches and good fans and i wish them the best . ALCOA beat us and showed us what ALCOA football is all about . ALCOA fans i want you to know that this Elizabethton fan has nothing but good things to say about your team . ALCOA is in a class all by there self and i am proud of our team and all of the hard work they have done to get this program back to were it use to be . What we have to remember is this just a game and when this life is over it don't matter how many football games you've one or how many championships you've one but how you've lived your life that counts . The man upstairs don't care about football but he does care about souls . That being said betsy keep your heads up and keep fighting you have alot to be proud of and ALCOA go get another gold ball you deserve it your team is men among boys .

Dont even go there about Elizabethton,you know exactly why you got the score ran up on you all with what you school and students did,not to mention threats with law enforcement and you know what im talking about! Maybe if HV ever goes this far in the playoffs you'll see how it feels!

Alcoa, at no point did I say your team was not great and you have a great coaching staff! You are one of the best teams Ive ever seen and Ive seen alot! Your fans were great and kids on the team were very well manored except for the fans with the horns you should think about the people around you and the confetty someone had to pick up your mess! If it is true you have built a program on just merit then my hat is off to you and I apologize but im sure we will never know! Anyway great team and good luck hope to visit you all next year and I promise I want bring a horn!

Dont even go there about Elizabethton,you know exactly why you got the score ran up on you all with what you school and students did,not to mention threats with law enforcement and you know what im talking about! Maybe if HV ever goes this far in the playoffs you'll see how it feels!

Alcoa, at no point did I say your team was not great and you have a great coaching staff! You are one of the best teams Ive ever seen and Ive seen alot! Your fans were great and kids on the team were very well manored except for the fans with the horns you should think about the people around you and the confetty someone had to pick up your mess! If it is true you have built a program on just merit then my hat is off to you and I apologize but im sure we will never know! Anyway great team and good luck hope to visit you all next year and I promise I want bring a horn![/quote

Good post ow, maybe next year if we meet I can make it to the game. I have never been around the horns, so I can't give an opinion there but I'm sure it could hit nerves. Alcoa throws the newspaper confetti at home as well, so that is part of what we do I guess. I heard your stadium was awesome, wish I had the chance to go. Best of luck in the offseason preparing for next year.

EHS definitely had the nicest high school stadium we've seen this year. No bathrooms on the visiting side, but there were plenty of stalls once you got in! I'd much rather walk over to the other side instead of using portables!

The only think I didn't like about the stadium was the band seating. Both bands were in either endzone. I don't know about other bands, but our band likes to be next to the student section, but I suppose if they had gotten there earlier they may have had that option.

The atmosphere was good; I think our boys like playing in front of a crowd!

GET 'EM UP!

Footballmom. Your argument of lack of depth does not hold water. If I am not mistaken Loudon's enrollment is nearly twice that of Alcoa. If that fact is correct, why do you have so few players? Nearly 100 of our 250 boys play football. As you have already been told, we too have five players that go both ways as well. So now what is your excuse?

Bottomline is Loudon loses 10 out of 10 games against the Tornadoes. Not until Loudon reaches Alcoa's level with the total combination of size, speed, physicality, conditioning, discipline and coaching will they have a chance. Right now IMO you are short on team speed, discipline, and conditioning.

So stop embarrassing a good group of proud Redskins. They had a great season. But they know why they lost to Alcoa. Ask them. They will have the same answer E-Town does right now.

CAK plays only about 4 players both ways. We certainly have better players standing on sidelines when both defense and offense are playing. Think of #23 in wildcat or running back / receiver, #21 at safety or corner, #15 at corner. It is just a different philosphy. CAK has less players than anyone they play and still is able to compete with everyone but Alcoa on a regular basis