ALCOA VS. MILAN, Let's get this started!!

MilanDog9

2 words......open zone....unfair advantage to the zoned schools of the rest of the state...they should be considered private since they have that advantage and subject to the multiplier

Yup open zones is the reason we've been so great for the past 20 years...Just look at these records

1992- 6-5

1994- 5-5

1996- 6-5

1997- 6-6

1999- 6-6

2002- 3-7

Heck yea open zones!!! Making you a .500 team all through the 90s

• Replies 929
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

2 words......open zone....unfair advantage to the zoned schools of the rest of the state...they should be considered private since they have that advantage and subject to the multiplier

Yup open zones is the reason we've been so great for the past 20 years...Just look at these records

1992- 6-5

1994- 5-5

1996- 6-5

1997- 6-6

1999- 6-6

2002- 3-7

exactly, and in 03 you got pounded...then you reel off 5 straight?? not just winning, dominating really except for the Huntingdon game and the Milan game...3 years goodpasture didn't stand a chance....your telling me there was nobody on Alcoas team in all those years they were horrible that a running back or one standout player couldnt carry the load?..atleast to a semifinal or quarterfinal? then all of a sudden your unbeatable? :D

1992- 6-5

1994- 5-5

1996- 6-5

1997- 6-6

1999- 6-6

2002- 3-7

exactly, and in 03 you got pounded...then you reel off 5 straight?? not just winning, dominating really except for the Huntingdon game and the Milan game...3 years goodpasture didn't stand a chance....your telling me there was nobody on Alcoas team in all those years they were horrible that a running back or one standout player couldnt carry the load?..atleast to a semifinal or quarterfinal? then all of a sudden your unbeatable? :D

Ask anyone who is real Alcoa faithful. We knew it was coming. I was in Kindergarten in 1989 (when Alcoa won its 4th title) a few years later (as we were sucking ####) people were saying that when we (class of 00, 01 and 02) were older we could be a dominate team like the 77-79 and the 88 and 89 teams. We had the talent but didnt have the discipline or the coaching. My Senior year we all said that alcoa would have a big drop (they finished 3-7) but we knew from seeing Duck, Warren, Fiegler etc dominating through Pee wees, midgets and trouncing teams in middle school that they would be good and they ripped off another 3 straight. Ill be perfectly honest though these last 2 (possibly 3) state titles were a surprise. We didnt see this coming at all. These things come in cycles. Honestly right now Alcoa is just having 2 cycles back to back. I find it hilarious that all Alcoa fans sit back and enjoy this knowing that one day it will end (because its a cycle) yet everyone else complains and says we recruit and get our players from open enrollment and act like its never gonna end. Alcoa and Maryville both have hit their "dynasty" modes and everyone knows all dynasties come to an end eventually.

Wow this thread has blown up this week. The Milan fans are confident about this game and I can see why.. They have a very good team this year. The only problem is they will be playing one of the best teams in the state regardless of classification. Alcoa should win but if we play careless or stupid with the football it will be a lose. However I expect to see a hungry Alcoa team come Friday AND a very competitive game. Alcoa 35 Milan 23 :D

So just some fun facts for you kids that I wanted to throw out into the universe.....

On Dec. 4, 1999, Milan went into the championship game as the undisputed underdog. Milan came out as the "Top Dawg"(slight pun intended) of 3A in the state of Tennessee.

10 years later to the day....

On Dec. 4, 2009, Milan goes into the championship game as the undisputed underdog.....

We'll find out at 3:30 what happens! :D

Ha! Now we have an explanation to the Milan fans' lack of originality:

http://www.knoxnews.com/news/2009/dec/0 ... coas-book/

Guess imitation is the best form of flattery, eh?

GO TORNADOES! POUND THE ROCK!

Not lack of originality....smart!

Like Coach Morris said, if you can't beat 'em, join 'em!

We're up and gettin' ready! Gonna head out in about an hour or so!!!

GO DAWGS!!!