ALCOA VS. MILAN, Let's get this started!!

MilanDog9

congrats Alcoa. congrats Milan.

No doubt, the two best defenses in 3A Football, if not the entire state of Tennessee.

Milan just couldn't afford to come into the game and turn the ball over. The two down inside the 5 were huge and led to Alcoa gettings 3 yards for two touchdowns. 14-0 and they haven't even had to drive the field yet. Credit Milans defense for holding Alcoa throughout the game, except for the one long drive.

Milans offensive line was just too small to open holes for Gilbert. Milans WR did a good job in the passing game. The score indicated, did not mean dominance on any part, except on the defensive side of the ball. Toney is a good back, but runs behind 7 or 8 beasts. Milan forced them to punt several times.

Again, great job Alcoa. The most impressive is your front 7. Milan just couldn't afford to win the total yards game, first downs, and then turn over the football.

To any Milan fan or Alcoa fan, you can't let some people get on here and post, that don't have a clue about the game of football, and say something non-classy and make you mad. These people are just plain idiotic. I saw one at Applebees last night, and this man was 70-75 years old absolutely bashing Milan, as our eating tables were less than 4 feet apart and his wife had to stop him because she noticed we were just staring at him. Thats not a knock to Alcoa, but a knock to simple fans that don't have a clue. I know there are Milan fans like that as well, as there are everywhere. The kids from Alcoa were classy kids. This wasn't a knock to them, the Alcoa program, or anything of that sort. This was a knock to that man and if hes on here, then he knows exactly who he is. T Rob came in and he was a part of their eating party. The players sounded very nice and classy.

We'll see T Rob and Avery W next season in Blue.

• Replies 929
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Another player to look out for next year will be Freshman QB (current middle school QB) Austin Morgan. Morgan is a big kid for his age (about 6ft at 13 years old) he's got an incredible arm that is an absolute cannon (much better then Austin Talent) and can move around the pocket pretty well. His only downfall would be A) He is a freshman and :popcorneater: he probably isnt as mobile as Talent is. Honestly though all year long Ive not been impressed with Talent and thought he's probably the worst Alcoa QB in the past 10 years, mainly from decision making. I doubt the coaches will but I give the Freshman QB a very strong look next year, it will certainly give us something we didnt have this year and thats a decent passing game.

YOu cant come on here and say stuff like that, come on. Be mature. Austin has worked hard all year long and your opinion like that is surely not needed.

Sorry but I dont sugar coat things. I tell stuff exactly like I see it I dont care if its Milan, Goodpasture, Maryville or my own Alcoa. The best thing to do is to prove me wrong on the field.

The best thing to do it first consider the feelings of the players, we get on here and read these things and you know , if i were Austin and i got on here and saw one of MY OWN FANS saying that i was the worst quarterbacks in the last 10 years then that would really really help my self esteem , lemme tell ya.

Another player to look out for next year will be Freshman QB (current middle school QB) Austin Morgan. Morgan is a big kid for his age (about 6ft at 13 years old) he's got an incredible arm that is an absolute cannon (much better then Austin Talent) and can move around the pocket pretty well. His only downfall would be A) He is a freshman and :popcorneater: he probably isnt as mobile as Talent is. Honestly though all year long Ive not been impressed with Talent and thought he's probably the worst Alcoa QB in the past 10 years, mainly from decision making. I doubt the coaches will but I give the Freshman QB a very strong look next year, it will certainly give us something we didnt have this year and thats a decent passing game.

YOu cant come on here and say stuff like that, come on. Be mature. Austin has worked hard all year long and your opinion like that is surely not needed.

I agree Rankinated! I believe Austin had a very good season. He really did'nt get much playing time at the QB position last year. With the tough schedule Alcoa had , I thought he was a great leader. Not sure if alot of the problems Austin had with his passing game was due to play calls from coaching or bad decisions???? I do hope he has a chance to participate in a good camp in the off season. Lets face it most all QB's can work on accuracy. However, one must admit that a 10-15 yard pass is a higher percentage play than one 35-40 yard down the field. Seems like we never really tried the short high percentage passes??? Again, not sure if it was decision making on Austin's part or play calls from coaching??? With that said, I am very proud of the year our TORNADOES had. The guys played with alot of heart and determination and all their hard work definately payed off!! Let's get ready for next year!!! GO TORNADOES!!! :popcorneater:

alcoafan72 id just like to say ur a class act and congrats on your 6th gold ball ur team played great yesterday and showed alot of class on the field hope to see u again next yr

Bulldog it has been great banter, hope nobody took things too seriously. Anyway congratulations on a great year. I remember the first time I had ever heard of Milan back in 77. Go back and rebuild and hopefully same bat time same bat station (in my heart same results). Don't know what I'm going to do until next year :popcorneater:

If you would read my posts, I gave you guys credit for the turnovers. I don't think I said anything other than that. Again, I am sure I went a little overboard last night. A combination of exhaustion, and a couple of people talking like we don't belong on the same field as you guys. I don't believe any defense held you guys as low as we did in yards, 1st downs, and forcing you to punt. I would like our chances against anyone in class 1-5 except for Alcoa obviously.

Huf just let me say that Milan MORE than deserved to be on the same field with Alcoa, you guys proved it last night. Fans will be fans, but please don't think that Alcoa strayed from a gameplan and not play the game the way they wanted to. Were there breaks? Yes! However great teams take advantage of them. The O line play has just been so good that people forgot that Alcoa also plays outstanding "D" Do we brag? Of course we do, but flip it around and think about it wouldn't you?

i hear ya u guys do a great job up there and im sure u will be back as for us we got alot of work to do loosing 26 seniors will hurt but like u hopefully we will be back next yr

Wow........26 seniors, Alcoa did that in 2002. Rough year. I hope Milan does a lot better than Alcoa on the reloading after losing that many seniors. :popcorneater:

Your freshmen play varsity?

Huf, if you would remember Milan started a couple freshman back in '01. I believe these 2 freshman starters were QB #17 George West and HB #32 Rod Smith :popcorneater:

I agree Rankinated! I believe Austin had a very good season. He really did'nt get much playing time at the QB position last year. With the tough schedule Alcoa had , I thought he was a great leader. Not sure if alot of the problems Austin had with his passing game was due to play calls from coaching or bad decisions???? I do hope he has a chance to participate in a good camp in the off season. Lets face it most all QB's can work on accuracy. However, one must admit that a 10-15 yard pass is a higher percentage play than one 35-40 yard down the field. Seems like we never really tried the short high percentage passes??? Again, not sure if it was decision making on Austin's part or play calls from coaching??? With that said, I am very proud of the year our TORNADOES had. The guys played with alot of heart and determination and all their hard work definately payed off!! Let's get ready for next year!!! GO TORNADOES!!! :popcorneater:

I completely agree with both of you guys. I have enjoyed watching Austin this season. He came a long way this year, and with some guidance this summer, should have an amazing year next year.

Sorry but I dont sugar coat things. I tell stuff exactly like I see it I dont care if its Milan, Goodpasture, Maryville or my own Alcoa. The best thing to do is to prove me wrong on the field.

He's right about that...been reading 74's posts all year. If you dish it then take it :popcorneater:

Seems like you have trashed something about Alcoa in about 1/3 of your posts, from not running through the cheerleader banner, the band not playing the Horse, black "out" jerseys, the proposed new stadium, even your old coach, etc....an equal opportunity basher I would say dry.gif

If you would read my posts, I gave you guys credit for the turnovers. I don't think I said anything other than that. Again, I am sure I went a little overboard last night. A combination of exhaustion, and a couple of people talking like we don't belong on the same field as you guys. I don't believe any defense held you guys as low as we did in yards, 1st downs, and forcing you to punt. I would like our chances against anyone in class 1-5 except for Alcoa obviously.

Huf just let me say that Milan MORE than deserved to be on the same field with Alcoa, you guys proved it last night. Fans will be fans, but please don't think that Alcoa strayed from a gameplan and not play the game the way they wanted to. Were there breaks? Yes! However great teams take advantage of them. The O line play has just been so good that people forgot that Alcoa also plays outstanding "D" Do we brag? Of course we do, but flip it around and think about it wouldn't you?

I never thought Alcoa strayed from their gameplan. Also, I think you have a fine offensive line. I just envisioned more from all I heard. Maybe Milan's line had something to do with it, I don't know. I know 2 things for sure, 1) you guys are awesome, and 2) it was a great game.

Your freshmen play varsity?

Huf, if you would remember Milan started a couple freshman back in '01. I believe these 2 freshman starters were QB #17 George West and HB #32 Rod Smith :popcorneater:

True, but for the most part, freshman don't dress with varsity. George West was a good one as well as Rod Smith. This kid Alcoa is talking about must be pretty special too.