Class 4a State Championship Greeneville vs. Giles

DevilMan03

If this game is going to be braodcast on dish, do you guys mean Direct or Dish Network or both? And what channel on DishNetwork, I'd like to DVR it so i can watch it again when I get back home from Cookeville?

Dish channel 36 is the only one I'm aware of. I'm sure there are other platforms carrying it. 36 on Dish is one of the tri-city local stations and they are carrying all the games.

• Replies 920
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

And I think we maybe we should (hiccup) have a day of Coacht silence in honor of Popcorn. Does anyone know if he still (no pun intended) has some inventory floatin' around?

Yes!!! My brother and I both have some of his last batches. I have also heard several rumors.

1) He faked his death so he wouldn't face charges and jail time. Cocke Co. coroner never saw his body and he is hanging out in the woods somewhere.

2) Some liquor based company bought the rights to his recipe. They will use his equipment to make it and will market it and sell it legally.

Don't know if either of these are actually true but kinda cool bylines if you ask me.

I don't think we have a snowballs chance here guys. It's been a good run.

Man what happened to Middle TN football isn't the same as East TN football? Giles County hasn't played a tough schedule? You change your opinion awfully quick. You may honestly be the worst poster ever, and I've seen a few bad ones, and the worst thing about it, your a Devil fan.

Man what happened to Middle TN football isn't the same as East TN football? Giles County hasn't played a tough schedule? You change your opinion awfully quick. You may honestly be the worst poster ever, and I've seen a few bad ones, and the worst thing about it, your a Devil fan.

Hey Bud, we had a poster earlier this year claiming to be a Lipscomb fan, but couldnt even spell lipscomb right, turned out he was a Bo hater trying to get junk started, sounds alot like this guy, he may not be a gville fan, there really are wolf in sheep clothing.

Hey Bud, we had a poster earlier this year claiming to be a Lipscomb fan, but couldnt even spell lipscomb right, turned out he was a Bo hater trying to get junk started, sounds alot like this guy, he may not be a gville fan, there really are wolf in sheep clothing.

I reckon, but I don't get why jump ship three posts later even if you are wolf. Anyways, I'm over analyzing this too much... back to football.

To my friends at Greeneville I am still pulling for you little devils to win 4a Tennessee State Champsionship in Cookville, TN on Saturday. To barb, I'm still chewing the sauteed crow that you continue to send to me, even on Thanksgiving Day. To budkilmer and CharlieArrington33 thanks for your postivie committs concerning my posting and steping up and take my crow...To Greeneville#1 and Greene4747 you guys continue to cheer for your devils. I have all the faith in the Greeneville Community, fans, team, coaches, cheerleaders and band to show up Saturday and come home with the WIN ! I do hope the band will take the field and play. You guys did not play last week nor at the Red Bank Game either. You sound great from the stands but please get on the field and perform as a band.

A State Championship team needs a State Championship Band to perform too!

Now, if you remember I told you that there were two words to be said after a hard game like we had at Red Bank...If you win it is WOW WOW WOW and if you lose it is WELL WELL WELL... Over the holiday, I found and I'm sorry to say, but by doing the MATH there is another word that only the RED BANK Fans can say and that is Oh, Oh, Oh,

Without the nationally known Massey Ratings, nor anyother computer or formulars, but by doing elementary math anyone that can think on the 5th grade level can figure out the following.

A team with a 12-3 record and is named 4A Tennessee State Championship get the gold ball and the state championship ring your winning percentage for the year is .800

A team with a 11-4 record and losses in the 4A Tennessee State Championship game and goes home without anything but memories, your winning percentage for the year is .733

A team that lost by 1 point and moves on the Basketball Court and finishes 12-1 record and because of the "IF" factor watches with pain the final game of the 4A State Championship game.

But Red Bank's winning percentage is .923 !

Now who is number 1 in the STATE? Does a win in the "Championship Game" means that team is #! with a winning % of .800 ? Or is the losser and runner up with a winning % of .733 ? Or the team that has been rank #1 all year and the only undefended team in the playoffs and as of November 30th continues to be rated higher that either of the two teams playing in the "Championship Game" ?

Do the MATH ! Maybe TSSAA needs to look at other factors in declarding it's State Championships!

This just proves that teams with 3 or more losses need not be in the playoffs ! You see even, by winning out as one of these two teams will do looks bad on the State of TN's football programs to have a "Champion" with a 12-3 record and only a percentage of .800 ?

What do you all think?

jwc

This just proves that teams with 3 or more losses need not be in the playoffs ! You see even, by winning out as one of these two teams will do looks bad on the State of TN's football programs to have a "Champion" with a 12-3 record and only a percentage of .800 ?

What do you all think?

jwc

Just for the record one of those two teams playing for the Championship has a 13-1 record with a winning percentage of .929. How would a Giles County win look bad on the state?

That is why they have playoffs. Not always the teams with the best record wins. The Red Sox win the World Series in 2004 as a wild card team. It has happened in the NFL also that a team has won the championship as a wild card. Underdogs win at times.............as my wife always says...........Thats why they play the games.

As for the game Saturday I am looking forward to a good game, both teams deserve this honor by winning their playoff games. Greeneville is scrappy and will not back down as I am sure Giles Co. is the same way. And to have never played in the football championships this is a very exciting time for Greeneville High School and its fans!