Class 4a State Championship Greeneville vs. Giles

DevilMan03

Could someone from Giles County post links to your local newspaper's coverage of your team? Most of us small-town teams get forgotten in the metro papers...Knoxville thinks noone from ET is playing except Alcoa and Maryville....but they still want to sell papers in Greeneville. Tri-Cities has moved on to basketball season leaving only our lowly Greeneville Sun to report on our Devils.(http://greenevillesun.com/story/306912)

Are there similar sentiments in your area?

No barb, Doug Fritz, from the JC Press did do a piece on the Devils yesterday. Don't have the link, I'll try to find it. But long story short, he basicaly says the same old song and dance. Greeneville's move down made an easier path to the state finals.

Fritz is a Betsy homer....of course he have a "congratulations.....but" story. I can't believe the smack he was talking about Red Bank :wacko::blink:

"Yes, Greeneville did knock off No. 1-ranked and undefeated Red Bank to earn its spot in the semifinals. But Red Bank’s body of work included a slim 14-7 win over Class 2A Boyd-Buchanan, a 44-30 win over a Soddy-Daisy team that Science Hill defeated, and a 21-10 decision over a Tyner team that Alcoa beat 44-7."

What a tool! He's just PO'd because we're still here and his little Cyclones are playing bball....

• Replies 920
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Could someone from Giles County post links to your local newspaper's coverage of your team? Most of us small-town teams get forgotten in the metro papers...Knoxville thinks noone from ET is playing except Alcoa and Maryville....but they still want to sell papers in Greeneville. Tri-Cities has moved on to basketball season leaving only our lowly Greeneville Sun to report on our Devils.(http://greenevillesun.com/story/306912)

No barb, Doug Fritz, from the JC Press did do a piece on the Devils yesterday. Don't have the link, I'll try to find it. But long story short, he basicaly says the same old song and dance. Greeneville's move down made an easier path to the state finals.

Here is the link.

http://www.johnsoncitypress.com/Sports/ ... p?ID=72602

I just read this article. It is not very complimentary to the local teams which is a shame to all of these teams. We experience the same kind of crap, believe it or not, the local Blount Couny paper has little to say about the Maryville/Alcoa teams. Our local press should do a much better job than they have been doing. All of these teams have a lot to be proud of and their words will be in our kids scrapbooks to show their kid someday. What a shame! From Alcoa fan

btw, good luck Greeneville in this weekends game! Hope you get the opportunity to come and pull for the Tornadoes!

Here is the link.

http://www.johnsoncitypress.com/Sports/ ... p?ID=72602

Bud, thanks for that link. It reminds me why I don't buy the JC Press. Fritz attempted to give Gville their due credit, but just couldn't help trying to minimize what we've accomplished.

OK, I've devised a plan that I hope everyone likes...I am having shirts made, as we speak, with everyone's respective CoachT login name imprinted on the back...both sides: Gville and GC. I will set up a table in the parking lot Saturday so everyone can come by and grab the one with your name on it. I just think this is a great way for us to all put a name to a face and get to know each other better. JWC, if you want to join in the fun, I'll get you one too. Let me know today if you'll be there.

OK, I've devised a plan that I hope everyone likes...I am having shirts made, as we speak, with everyone's respective CoachT login name imprinted on the back...both sides: Gville and GC. I will set up a table in the parking lot Saturday so everyone can come by and grab the one with your name on it. I just think this is a great way for us to all put a name to a face and get to know each other better. JWC, if you want to join in the fun, I'll get you one too. Let me know today if you'll be there.

Better make that hoodies, suppose to be a cold weekend.

Sorry man ....6 1/2 years and 3000+ posts and yall still don't know who i am....I kinda like it that way. You can give my shirt to JW...