Maryville vs. White Station 6A State Championship

Red Rebels

Thanks for the link, Solomon.

Unfortunately, TSSAA's site only lists the D1-Championships telecast (in Memphis) as "Comcast." They do not list the specific channel, which they DID list for the D2-Championships.

I bring this issue up-- because my Comcast TV guide does NOT have a listing for the D1-Championships, at all! So, I'm still a bit in the dark as to whether these D1-Championship games will REALLY be shown in Memphis, as TSSAA's website indicates that they will.....

Does anyone out there have any specific, channel information on this issue?

--------------------------------------------------

Thanks in advance.

I saw on a channel guide that there is High School football on channel 150, but it was from 6pm to 9pm on Saturday.....could be the Blue Cross Bowl, or may not be. I'm going to try calling Comcast if I can find a number.....This shouldn't be so hard to find..... :rolleyes:

• Replies 363
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hey Everybody

I've been quite but though I should give the Maryville Supporters a shout out and wish the Rebels well tomorrow. Good luck and all have a safe trip.

While I'm here I'd like to commend GQ and staff for a job well done this year. The concensus was that the talent pool was a little depleated and many were ready to throw this team under the bus after the first game but they continued to coach hard and here they are again. Starz once wrote " Gee Cue kin take his'n and beet your'n or take your'n and beet his'n" ........... I'm not sure if thats 100% accurate but I do believe that he gets the best that anyone can get from a given group of players...

Good Luck Rebels

:thumb:

tpoole12

Maryville is a pretty slow team compared to some of the other teams in the state. The difference is that they are more disciplined than the others. Maryville does not have a single D-1 talent on the entire team. Despite that fact they continue to beat and compete with teams that have a lot more talent. This is because they hardly ever beat themselves. They don't turn the ball over much and they don't get penalties. On the contrast they make the other team pay for their mistakes. Maryville is also always a balanced attack. If you want to beat Maryville you're going to have to be able to pass and throw. If you can't then they will probably get the better of you (excepting Alcoa earlier this season).

I was very uneasy about Maryville moving to 6A this year because it coincided with Maryville's talent being relatively down in comparison to previous years. In previous years Maryville has had at least one "star" player, but this year there really isn't one. Instead they have gone out there as a team and have found themselves in a familiar place... the state championship game. Very impressive.

Thanks for the link, Solomon.

Unfortunately, TSSAA's site only lists the D1-Championships telecast (in Memphis) as "Comcast." They do not list the specific channel, which they DID list for the D2-Championships.

I bring this issue up-- because my Comcast TV guide does NOT have a listing for the D1-Championships, at all! So, I'm still a bit in the dark as to whether these D1-Championship games will REALLY be shown in Memphis, as TSSAA's website indicates that they will.....

Does anyone out there have any specific, channel information on this issue?

--------------------------------------------------

Thanks in advance.

just got word that WKNO Channel 10 will be broadcasting our game in Memphis.....although a story in the Commercial Appeal states the game will be broadcast on Comcast channel 31. So I'll try them both and see what happens......

Maryville is a pretty slow team compared to some of the other teams in the state. The difference is that they are more disciplined than the others. Maryville does not have a single D-1 talent on the entire team. Despite that fact they continue to beat and compete with teams that have a lot more talent. This is because they hardly ever beat themselves. They don't turn the ball over much and they don't get penalties. On the contrast they make the other team pay for their mistakes. Maryville is also always a balanced attack. If you want to beat Maryville you're going to have to be able to pass and throw. If you can't then they will probably get the better of you (excepting Alcoa earlier this season).

I was very uneasy about Maryville moving to 6A this year because it coincided with Maryville's talent being relatively down in comparison to previous years. In previous years Maryville has had at least one "star" player, but this year there really isn't one. Instead they have gone out there as a team and have found themselves in a familiar place... the state championship game. Very impressive.

:thumb: WOW Your still saying Maryville doesn't have any star players. I would say Juhlin, Horne, and Bristol are STARS. Didn't you say after Maryville got beat by Alcoa that they would lose 3 or 4 games this year???? Ye of little faith... Go Rebels and bring the ball back to Blount County. :thumb:

Im not gonna get into the trash talk on here cause this isnt my battle. Im a little torn for this game. I want to see The Rebels bring another Gold ball back to BC but at the same time It would be nice to at least be "equal" to Maryville when it comes to state titles (sorry I just cant count the 1969 Cracker Jack championship that just randomly appeared around 2000). Good luck to all the Rebels players though and for all the fans make sure you stop a Chedders for lunch/dinner...its freaking AMAZING with some local Blount County folks working there

Im not gonna get into the trash talk on here cause this isnt my battle. Im a little torn for this game. I want to see The Rebels bring another Gold ball back to BC but at the same time It would be nice to at least be "equal" to Maryville when it comes to state titles (sorry I just cant count the 1969 Cracker Jack championship that just randomly appeared around 2000). Good luck to all the Rebels players though and for all the fans make sure you stop a Chedders for lunch/dinner...its freaking AMAZING with some local Blount County folks working there

You might want to do some research 74. The 69 title was legit and won on the field.

OK fellers....Reportin' inn frum Cookvul...A little snoe on tha grass....Posed two cleer off and git colder tonite.....Me and momma haiv been out scoutin' allreddy run acrost sevurull inn tha Reb Scoutin' Party.....momma haiz jist personully closed down tha Contee-nin-tull Breakfust Bar hear hurself.....Bundull up......Eye wood butt eye've got momma...... :o ......Sea all tha Rebull Nashun later.....Let's gitter dunn!!!!!!!......Go Rebs!!!!!!........... :D

You might want to do some research 74. The 69 title was legit and won on the field.

Goodur point MLREB......Bye Loud-Un!!!..... :D