1A State Championship: South Pittsburg vs. Union City

powerp

• Replies 915
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have been reading in my Murphy Fair book tonight about this game. This Union City team is for real. They have a bunch of big ole strong boys that are real good at knocking a hole for those runners to run through. They have 14 out of 22 starters back from the 2008 football team. They have this one boy that is the coach's boy. He is a QB and is 5 ft 9 inches and 215 pounds. This is a big ole strong boy for a QB. My book says he plays linebacker for this team too. Union has a fullback that is 6 ft and 225 pounds. He is a real big boy that is real big and strong. He had 773 yards as a runner last year. My book says he squats more than 500 pounds. I garuntee you that this boy is real strong because that coach at Union makes his boys lift a whole bunch of weights everyday. Union has this lineman named Arnold that is 330 pounds. He is a real big ole boy that is big and strong and a powerful boy. He plays center and made all state last year. Murphy says he is a great team leader for Union. Union has this defensive tackle named Ronnie Fair that is 5 ft 11 inches tall and 245 pounds. He had 10 sacks last year and is a real good rusher. They also have this Barnes boy that is 6 ft 3 inches and 235 pounds. These boys are big strong fast and real tough boys. You think im joking because I am not. These boys are for real and I hope Grider has our boys ready play hard this week. My book says this Union team has been to the championship three times and lost all of them so I know they will be wanting to win this game. That coach they have will make them play real good. The boys at SP better be playing hard this week or we will get beat. You think im joking but I am not. I garuntee you this team will be the biggest and strongest team the boys have played. That Grace team last night was a joke. This Union team will not be a joke. They are a bunch of big ole strong country boys that are strong and good. We will have to play real hard to beat this team. Let me ask you Union people a question. What does your runners run the 50 yard dash in? We have some pretty fast boys that are fast when Grider makes them run the 50 yard dash but I did not know about your boys. Let me ask you another question. Someone told me that Grider was going to make us pay 10 dollars to go to the game this week. Is this true or is someone joking? If this team is going to pound our boys then Grider needs to put all our big boys on defense to stop Union. That number 63, 74, 77, 68 and 73 need to get in on that defense and help stop those boys. Those are some of the big boys we have and they need to play hard and good this week. I hope Grider makes the boys lift alot of weights this week so the boys will be good and strong for Union.

I said it in one thread,and I'll repeat it again in this one.The West will have to wait another year.South Pitt is the best team in 1A....wait I take that back...they are the best team in 1A & 2A.

You are right I have been saying it all day.

I don't have a problem with saying it. Whoever works the hardest as a team,and takes care of business as a team deserves it.The team concept is something certain people hasn't learned.

I have been reading in my Murphy Fair book tonight about this game. This Union City team is for real. They have a bunch of big ole strong boys that are real good at knocking a hole for those runners to run through. They have 14 out of 22 starters back from the 2008 football team. They have this one boy that is the coach's boy. He is a QB and is 5 ft 9 inches and 215 pounds. This is a big ole strong boy for a QB. My book says he plays linebacker for this team too. Union has a fullback that is 6 ft and 225 pounds. He is a real big boy that is real big and strong. He had 773 yards as a runner last year. My book says he squats more than 500 pounds. I garuntee you that this boy is real strong because that coach at Union makes his boys lift a whole bunch of weights everyday. Union has this lineman named Arnold that is 330 pounds. He is a real big ole boy that is big and strong and a powerful boy. He plays center and made all state last year. Murphy says he is a great team leader for Union. Union has this defensive tackle named Ronnie Fair that is 5 ft 11 inches tall and 245 pounds. He had 10 sacks last year and is a real good rusher. They also have this Barnes boy that is 6 ft 3 inches and 235 pounds. These boys are big strong fast and real tough boys. You think im joking because I am not. These boys are for real and I hope Grider has our boys ready play hard this week. My book says this Union team has been to the championship three times and lost all of them so I know they will wanting to win this game. That coach they have will make them play real good. The boys at SP better be playing hard this week or we will get beat. You think im joking but I am not. I garuntee you this team will be the biggest and strongest team the boys have played. That Grace team last night was a joke. This Union team will not be a joke. They are a bunch of big ole strong country boys that are strong and good. We will have to play real hard to beat this team. Let me ask you Union people a question. What does your runners run the 50 yard dash in? We have some pretty fast boys that are fast when Grider makes them run the 50 yard dash but I did not know about your boys. Let me ask you another question. Someone told me that Grider was going to make us pay 10 dollars to go to the game this week. Is this true or is someone joking? If this team is going to pound our boys then Grider needs to put all our big boys on defense to stop Union. That number 63, 74, 77, 68 and 73 need to get in on that defense and help stop those boys. Those are some of the big boys we have and they need to play hard and good this week. I hope Grider makes the boys lift alot of weights this week so the boys will be good and strong for Union.

Couldn't really say on what our guys run...they are fast to a point but strong, very strong.

If it helpts you, The Holder kid from Huntingdon ( #23 ) is up for Mr. Football and runs I think a 4 2 40. I have been told he is the fast kid west of Nashiville. We shut him down in game two ( round 3 of playoffs ) but he ran over us in the second half of game one.

So....we can stop the run....no matter on your speed. If you can pass...then keeping us on our toes is what will happen.

You need to watch out for #11, #12, #23, @25, #27, #28 on offense.....there is also one we play and he might be #20 but also wearsing #74 also.

We are a rather small team in numbers but our players are conditoned like no other. Should be interesting.

Both of our loses this year, we had one team 28 to 7 at half and the other 21 to 7 I think at half but we also were about 60% with injurings and the flu which hit our team very hard.

look south pitt is no doubt is a A+ team but somethin yall aint realizing is we are not your friendly neighborhood jasper you play like we are and some one is gonna be beat down and it will not be us

Are you from SP???How do you know we call Marion County Jasper???? Someone is trying to stir the pot I think :bored:

No im from uc :thumb: my point is that they are a weaker team than us

Great win by the Pirates Friday night! I have been so tied up on things this weekend that I have not had time to post since I got back from the game. After we gave GCA two touchdowns, the Pirates totally dominated on both sides of the ball.

Union City I am sure is a good team. I have watched a few highlights of your games the last few weeks and they look solid on both sides of the ball. With that said, I don't think they have faced as fast an athletic team like the Pirates all year. They may have seen one or two good players on a team but not 11. Unless they can control the clock and keep the Pirate offense on the sidelines, the Pirates will add another gold ball to their trophy case. I think these folks that think that have seen the best back in 1A will notice that we have 3-4 great backs that would be superstars at any other high school. This bunch is talented and they play as a team.

I have been reading up on Union some more this morning. I am telling you these Union boys are for real. My book says they have been to the state before and the last time was in 2005. They have been to the state in 2000 and 2005 so they have been two times in the last 10 years and we have only been one time. They might have more experience than we do playing in these games this decade. I hope Grider is going to make the boys lift a whole lot of weights this week so the boys will be real strong in time for Friday. Let me ask you a question. Does this Union coach make his boys lift alot of weights during this week? The team that is the strongest and fastest will do a better job at knocking a hole for the runners to run through. According to Murphy Union always has a bunch of good athletes too. You think im joking because I am not. Murphy told me that the last time he saw Union play they had a bunch of good boys. I am worried about Unions team. I think they are a big strong and good team that will do a good job of knocking a hole for the runners to run through. I garuntee you that our boys better be ready to play hard in this game or we will get beat and the season will be over. They boys played real hard and good at that Knoxville school the other night. I was a little mad because Griders bus got lost on the way to the game and I paid 10 dollars to ride it. If I wanted to get lost I could have drove myself. When I pay 10 dollars for something I expect it to be on time and Griders bus was not on schedule on Friday. Let me ask you another question. Is Grider getting another bus for the fans to ride on Friday? Cookesville is not as far as Knoxville so will the price of the bus only be 7 or 8 dollars? Who can tell me about the bus again. I might ride it again if Grider will promise us that he will not give the bus driver the wrong directions this time. I do not want to be late for this game. I have never been to Cookesville so I want to see this place. Let me ask you another question. Does anyone know any of the ladies that run the concession stand there? I need to make sure they will fill my thermos up for me. I think it is going to be real cold for this game. Cookesville is in the north so it will be real cold and it might snow there since it is in the north. You think im joking because I am not. It is up on that plateau at Cumberland and it snows alot of times at Cumberland.

Sp will win this game because Coach Grider will call the boys out this week...This team is similar to Polk like he said and I think the team wants to show everybody that they are not a weak team....Our offense gets all the attention but our defense is great and gets overlooked.....That nicks boy is big but he will get hit time and time again and after a while those three yards will turn into no gains