1A State Championship: South Pittsburg vs. Union City

powerp

Although our Malcom Jones is a speedster but i assure you he does NOT!! run a 4.3 40.. I :| actually doubt anyone in Tn actually does.. do you people realize the world record for the 40 was just broken last year it was held by Deon sanders for years it was a 4.29.. Trust me malcom does not run a 4.3.. we had a cpl players 2 years ago all i saw was he runs a 4.4 and a 4.3 i wont mention there names but Chris Jones and I timed them and they ran a 4.5 and a 4.5.5... we at Spitt always has quickness and a few with pure speed. malcom is fast id like to see the actually clock speed.. Terrell is quick thru the line not breakway speed altho with adrenelin going its hard to catch him if he has 2 steps on you. My prediction is Spitt by 1.... if we can stop UC 3 times it could get ugly.. if not its goining to be a good game...

Malcolm actually runs a 4.4...the fastest player on the team is a freshman....Demetric Johnson ;)

So you are trying to say that you have two guys with 4.4 or better? This is the most untrue thing I have ever heard. If that is true I would just put them on both sides of the Qb and run GO routes all day. Everbody use to say this about Marco daily too, but he MIGHT have ran a 4.55 at best. There are only a handful of players in the nfl who run sub 4.4 forties. I cannot wait to watch this game, bc I want to see the two fastest players in the state of Tn playing on the same team.

I would say we have three people that can run a 4.4: RB Raquis Hale, WR Malcolm Jones, and WR Demetric Johnson and then everyone of our starters at skill positions run between 4.5-4.6....That is what makes our defense so good...they are quick....you have linemen that run a 4.6 and linebackers and db's that can run into 4.5-4.6 range it is a big help!!!!We our lightning fast and for people who do not believe it just come and buy a ticket and watch us play Friday and they will make believers out of ya :?: Speaking of tickets all SP fans need to buy them at the highschool because if you do the school gets some of the money so do not forget to stop by there

• Replies 915
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Let me ask you a question. Who told you these boys could run 50 yards in 4.4 seconds? You have to be joking. That is going ten yards in less than a second. This is a bunch of mess. Our guys are not that fast. Let me ask you Union people a question. How fast does your fastest player run the 50 yard dash in? Does that coach make those runners wear ankle weights to make them fast for the games on Friday? That turf up their in Cookesville should make those runners a little faster. You think im joking but im not. I have been reading some more in my book this morning and this Union team has some real good strong boys. Grider needs to put number 73, 74, 77, 78 on the defensive line this week so Union cant knock a big hole in our line. These are all big ole strong boys. We are the home team this week, so I will call Grider and let him know that we need to wear all black jerseys this week.

Let me ask you a question. Who told you these boys could run 50 yards in 4.4 seconds? You have to be joking. That is going ten yards in less than a second. This is a bunch of mess. Our guys are not that fast. Let me ask you Union people a question. How fast does your fastest player run the 50 yard dash in? Does that coach make those runners wear ankle weights to make them fast for the games on Friday? That turf up their in Cookesville should make those runners a little faster. You think im joking but im not. I have been reading some more in my book this morning and this Union team has some real good strong boys. Grider needs to put number 74, 77, 78, and 76 on the defensive line this week so Union cant knock a big hole in our line. These are all big ole strong boys. We are the home team this week, so I will call Grider and let him know that we need to wear all black jerseys this week.

Not 50 yards Roy 40 yards. Yeah are boys are fast, yours are not. You are not from SP, you are a old jasper boy. Dont act like you are a pirate fan now since ur team is out of the playoff.

Well Union City fans....I cooled off from Friday night....yall were a good team....and yall beat us in every aspect.....turnovers killed us....didn't mean to completely go off.....and yall have some big ole' boys on yalls team too....

Thank you juboro. You have regained my respect. That was a stand up thing to do. Props to ya.

I'm sure some will base Union City on their performance in the 2005 championship game as how UC will play next Friday...That would be a huge mistake...UC was sorely out-coached and sorely unprepared...UC looked as though they never even watched film on Trousdale County....The Tornadoes were also not very physical that year...That won't be the case this time around...UC will be prepared and they are physical....

I can't say that I agree with being "sorely unprepared" in 2005. We may have been out-coached, but I can guarantee you that the 2005 team worked just as hard as anybody else that week. We were matched up against a bionic team of freaks on steroids (and I mean that as a compliment). Coach Fishel and the boys went in with confidence having watched plenty of film. The problem came in a lack of play calling.

I do agree with the fact that UC's play in 2005 cannot predict their play this Friday. Go get 'em UC!

P.S. It's not "Union," it's UNION CITY.

Although our Malcom Jones is a speedster but i assure you he does NOT!! run a 4.3 40.. I :| actually doubt anyone in Tn actually does.. do you people realize the world record for the 40 was just broken last year it was held by Deon sanders for years it was a 4.29.. Trust me malcom does not run a 4.3.. we had a cpl players 2 years ago all i saw was he runs a 4.4 and a 4.3 i wont mention there names but Chris Jones and I timed them and they ran a 4.5 and a 4.5.5... we at Spitt always has quickness and a few with pure speed. malcom is fast id like to see the actually clock speed.. Terrell is quick thru the line not breakway speed altho with adrenelin going its hard to catch him if he has 2 steps on you. My prediction is Spitt by 1.... if we can stop UC 3 times it could get ugly.. if not its goining to be a good game...

Malcolm actually runs a 4.4...the fastest player on the team is a freshman....Demetric Johnson ;)

So you are trying to say that you have two guys with 4.4 or better? This is the most untrue thing I have ever heard. If that is true I would just put them on both sides of the Qb and run GO routes all day. Everbody use to say this about Marco daily too, but he MIGHT have ran a 4.55 at best. There are only a handful of players in the nfl who run sub 4.4 forties. I cannot wait to watch this game, bc I want to see the two fastest players in the state of Tn playing on the same team.

I would say we have three people that can run a 4.4: RB Raquis Hale, WR Malcolm Jones, and WR Demetric Johnson and then everyone of our starters at skill positions run between 4.5-4.6....That is what makes our defense so good...they are quick....you have linemen that run a 4.6 and linebackers and db's that can run into 4.5-4.6 range it is a big help!!!!We our lightning fast and for people who do not believe it just come and buy a ticket and watch us play Friday and they will make believers out of ya :?: Speaking of tickets all SP fans need to buy them at the highschool because if you do the school gets some of the money so do not forget to stop by there

UC fans dont get caught up in all this hype about how fast the SP players are. their fastest players prob run in the high 4.6 range. Polk County's skill position players were everybit as fast as SPs. Trust me they're not that fast. If UC can win the battle in the trenches on both sides they will have a chance. If not, SP will be putting more gold in the case. Go UC!

Great Job Terrell....you have been a great leader all year...Now lets go finish the deal....Terrell and Jijuan looked like giants compared to that linemen from Union City that was on stage with them :?:

They dwarfed him...is that what UC are calling big lineman?? Bless their hearts!!! They are gonna sit on frozen seats, with a northeasterly blowing across their face to watch what is about to happen.....This ain't gonna be pretty! Brrrrrrrrrr

GO PIRATES!!!!

I love seeing high school fans comment on 40 times. The Tennessee Vols don't even have the speed the Pirates have. It's amazing how a player can run a 4.4 in high school then it suddenly turns into a 4.6-4.7 in a college combine.

Here is the realization of speed and 40 times ok.....Think about it...Lets take one of our players a couple years ago as an example....Now Rashawn Weatherspoon was the reggie bush of football in 2007 for the state team....the boy could straight up fly and could accelerate like no other...he plays for tennessee state by the way now....anyways back to my point....Rashawn could run a 4.3.....Ok he ran that in shorts and a shirt like all boys do in the spring....Ok put pads on them and that will slow their times .1-.2 seconds...so a guy that has a 4.4 time lets say probably runs more of a 4.6....that is just my take on the whole ordeal.....Our players are lightning fast yes....but not 4.4 fast with pads on.....however with pads on I would say ALL of our defensive players including our line runs under a 4.9...We run 3-5

I hope UC can stop the pass, from what i keep reading this is what they struggle with. Just remember that even though you hear alot about the running game. Terrell threw for over 300 yards against polk this year. No worries however UC is a west tn football team and everybody know that they don't play real football over there anyways. It would suprize me if more than one west Tn football team win the state this year out of 6 tries over this weekend

Yes, we play tackle football here in the east. HIT SOMEBODY!!!!!!

Go Pirates!!

Malcolm actually runs a 4.4...the fastest player on the team is a freshman....Demetric Johnson :?:

I would say we have three people that can run a 4.4: RB Raquis Hale, WR Malcolm Jones, and WR Demetric Johnson and then everyone of our starters at skill positions run between 4.5-4.6....That is what makes our defense so good...they are quick....you have linemen that run a 4.6 and linebackers and db's that can run into 4.5-4.6 range it is a big help!!!!We our lightning fast and for people who do not believe it just come and buy a ticket and watch us play Friday and they will make believers out of ya ;) Speaking of tickets all SP fans need to buy them at the highschool because if you do the school gets some of the money so do not forget to stop by there

UC fans dont get caught up in all this hype about how fast the SP players are. their fastest players prob run in the high 4.6 range. Polk County's skill position players were everybit as fast as SPs. Trust me they're not that fast. If UC can win the battle in the trenches on both sides they will have a chance. If not, SP will be putting more gold in the case. Go UC!

Dude your full of crap if you think that..... :lol: Our fastest skill players run in the high 4.4's I am telling ya for a fact...I know...I have seen the boys in action....One corner is all they need and then it is to the house....everybody that is doubting just make sure to wave at our players when they go by again and again and again and again