1A State Championship: South Pittsburg vs. Union City

powerp

rlh posted...

"So what you are saying is that to win by 2 pts, U.C. has to wear them out. I figured UC would be 3-4 yards in a cloud of dust and alluded to that in my post on the 1st page of this thread. The bottom line is it came down to a FG. SP squandered too many scoring opportunities which plays into the game plan of a ball control offense. In addition, they gave up to many 4th down conversions."

The Pirates gave up two 4th down attempts....UC was 2 for 2...The problem was Union City was 10 for 16 on 3rd down conversions...The vaunted Pirate defense couldn't get the ball back to their explosive offense....If the vaunted SP defense could have gotten the ball back in Robinson's hands and make UC punt more than twice (Wayne County forced three UC punts in the FIRST quarter last week) I have no doubt SP would have won but they couldn't because they were getting their butts handed to them by our O-Line....

It wouldn't have mattered if it was 2, 10 or 20 points..The fact is UC did wear the Pirates down..That is Union City's plan for everyone....The UC people kept hearing how it would be over by half and playing under the Mercy Rule the entire second half....That was as dominating (offensive performance) a two point win as you will ever see...

Well UC does a good job at their game plan cause thats excatly what they did against us (Wayne Co.) as today as well. While watching before the game the anouncers said something like this while showing how the teams got to were they were. quote "South Pitt. has out-scored all their oppenants by out-standing margins, but UC feels as if they have played the harder schedule to get to were they are." I think that may have showen today. Again congrats to both teams ya'll are both great teams.

• Replies 915
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Congrats to UC...great game to watch.

I'd like to add that tomorrow TC will be playing BB. I notice some similarities between UC and TC this year.

1. They both were purple and gold. :?

2. They both pound the rock. :D

3. They both have a big bruising type back to carry the load.

4. They played each other in the 2005 BCB.

5. They both beat a #1 ranked SP team.

and last but not least......

6 They both have a foreign exchange kicker. :?

How funny would it be to see our kicker kick the game winner tomorrow. :?

Big difference is TC can pass....If we (UC) could possibly pass AND complete 7-10 passes a game our offense would be almost impossible to keep from scoring....

**EDIT** SP wasn't ranked #1....Jo Byrns was...Wayne County was 2nd...They were 3rd and we were 5th....

Well first let me say congratulations to Union City....you guys earned it....It is to bad one team had to lose this game...it was a classic battle.....and anyboy that is named jorge you know he is going to make a 23 yarder....but anyways....this is my take on the game....Sp hurt themselves with turnovers....one on the 4 and one on the 20.....and that was the difference in the game....I still think SP was the better team only because we have more athletes but I would like to have Unions line.... but like I said Union City played hard and they deserve the title so congrats guys...Your #27 was a good player.....The big difference was yalls line....Yalls line out weighed ours by quite a bit and you could tell on those drives where we could not get yall off the field.....Finally.....here is my final take on the game....Union citys offense could not be stopped, South Pittsburgs offense could not be stopped, and both defenses were pretty bad, and Union city won the special teams game and that is why they won.....Again, congrats....SP, we have alot to replace next year but still tons of talent and speed and I expect for us to be competiting for the title next year as well...Remember this bad taste :D

Well first let me say congratulations to Union City....you guys earned it....It is to bad one team had to lose this game...it was a classic battle.....and anyboy that is named jorge you know he is going to make a 23 yarder....but anyways....this is my take on the game....Sp hurt themselves with turnovers....one on the 4 and one on the 20.....and that was the difference in the game....I still think SP was the better team but like I said Union City played hard and they deserve the title so congrats guys...Your #27 was a good player.....The big difference was yalls line....Yalls line out weighed ours by quite a bit and you could tell on those drives where we could not get yall off the field.....Finally.....here is my final take on the game....Union citys offense could not be stopped, South Pittsburgs offense could not be stopped, and both defenses were pretty bad, and Union city won the special teams game and that is why they won.....Again, congrats....SP, we have alot to replace next year but still tons of talent and speed and I expect for us to be competiting for the title next year as well...Remember this bad taste :D

You thought SP was better than TC last yr too....remember.....guess thats what makes you a SP fan(fanatic). Better luck next yr SP. :?

What a fun game to watch. Good game, you hate to see anyone lose in a game like that.

Not me...I love to see South Pitt lose...especially when it's on TV and everyone in the state gets to see it! :D It's a lot of fun to watch them lose after seeing how overhyped their fans make them each week. It's like vindication on Friday's every time they get beat, and to go back and read the threads discussing the upcoming beatdown of whoever they are playing.

We are not overhyped by far....were still the one of the toughest best teams in 1A year in year out....we will be next year as well...The only exception will be, we will be running the Wing T and not shotgun

the sun shines on a dogs azz sometimes this is one of of those, u.c is the by far the luckiest team i have had the diplesaure to watch.sp beat you in ever phase of the game except the great vic griders coaching. and some very questonable calls that went your way. no im not a gracious loser. plays sp 5 time i promise you this you will loose 4 of those and the fact is you know it. u.c was not and is not the better team we know it and so do you

Got sour grapes, or is the crow spoiled?..... :D

Well first let me say congratulations to Union City....you guys earned it....It is to bad one team had to lose this game...it was a classic battle.....and anyboy that is named jorge you know he is going to make a 23 yarder....but anyways....this is my take on the game....Sp hurt themselves with turnovers....one on the 4 and one on the 20.....and that was the difference in the game....I still think SP was the better team but like I said Union City played hard and they deserve the title so congrats guys...Your #27 was a good player.....The big difference was yalls line....Yalls line out weighed ours by quite a bit and you could tell on those drives where we could not get yall off the field.....Finally.....here is my final take on the game....Union citys offense could not be stopped, South Pittsburgs offense could not be stopped, and both defenses were pretty bad, and Union city won the special teams game and that is why they won.....Again, congrats....SP, we have alot to replace next year but still tons of talent and speed and I expect for us to be competiting for the title next year as well...Remember this bad taste :D

I didn't think you were going to post again until after SP won the state.

I didn't think you were going to post again until after SP won the state.

I figured I would get on here and congratulate UC....I aint going to whine about a loss....They made their field goal...we didnt...we lost..they won...case closed :?