1A State Championship: South Pittsburg vs. Union City

powerp

Nicks played a great game and put the game on his back. UC got all their yards on the ground. The team that the trash talking fans thought was so good could not stop UC. You think I 'm joking cause I am not.

And after all of that, it came down to a Spanish exchange student soccer player to kick a FG with 6 seconds on the clock. UC played a great game and won it. However, a 2 pt game at the buzzer isn't exactly and azz-kicking.

Yeah really it was for the SP defense....When you hold on to the ball for 32 plus mins and run 70 plays in a high school game with absolutely zero passing game..It IS a butt whipping....69 rush plays and UC lost 5 yards...Nicks ran 47 times and lost one yard...Call it what you want, spin it any way you want...Union City gave SP a beating along the trenches....

rlh thinks you're joking, cause you're not. If Grider had not made the half time adjustments to stop teh run, SP might have won. Some of the SP psoters tarsh talk every game. When they lose, they whine and have excuses. You think I'm joking cause I'm not.

• Replies 915
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Wow Congrats to UC!!!!! way to represent the West and bring back the Gold!!! especially proud of #27...my son is also #27 but for Mckenzie so a little bond there...only wish we had the chance to play tomorrow but hope TC does it to Boyd and gets the Gold...again Congrats UC what a fun game to watch!

Your #27 is a heck of a player as well.

Yes he is....Johnson kid I believe...He is a beast... :D

Nicks played a great game and put the game on his back. UC got all their yards on the ground. The team that the trash talking fans thought was so good could not stop UC. You think I 'm joking cause I am not.

And after all of that, it came down to a Spanish exchange student soccer player to kick a FG with 6 seconds on the clock. UC played a great game and won it. However, a 2 pt game at the buzzer isn't exactly and azz-kicking.

Yeah really it was for the SP defense....When you hold on to the ball for 32 plus mins and run 70 plays in a high school game with absolutely zero passing game..It IS a butt whipping....69 rush plays and UC lost 5 yards...Nicks ran 47 times and lost one yard...Call it what you want, spin it any way you want...Union City gave SP a beating along the trenches....

So what you are saying is that to win by 2 pts, U.C. has to wear them out. I figured UC would be 3-4 yards in a cloud of dust and alluded to that in my post on the 1st page of this thread. The bottom line is it came down to a FG. SP squandered too many scoring opportunities which plays into the game plan of a ball control offense. In addition, they gave up to many 4th down conversions.

What a sore loser. I knew watching the game that someone from south pitt. would say something about this. If they really wanted to they could have just keeped pounding it with #27 Nicks to get the score if they wanted to, but UC's coach decided to put on the kicker. I think there is nothing wrong with it, Wayne Co. has an exchange program and we had a kicker from Germany my Senior year. Congrats to UC ya'll played a heck of a game.#27 is an outstanding player, and good job to SP ya'll are not a bad team.

well ladies and gentlemen we are hours away for s.p bringing home another champions ship, i do want to contgrad u.c. on being here, but its just not your time, and more than likely it never will be your time for a championsship. i know you all think you have a chance, i guess you an live in a dream world for a bit. after about 12:45 the games going to be over in s.p. favor. i know you dont want to hear it but a fact is a fact is a fact. i have never missed quoted a game i know s.p. will win. just as they will tomorow and big also.

im sorry it hurts u.c. feelings but that is how its going to be. your offense is nothing special at all , s.p. has seen it many times and will defend it easily., now our offense is special ,and guess what. u.c can not , yes i will say that again can not stop it. oh yes please pass on us if you dare, you can become the second comng of mckenzie. you guess in the west well to put it simpile do not have the speed or skill to take on the guys from the east. you never had it nor will you any time soon.i said before i watch films on teams all the time, i have seen u.c. and to be honest you do not impress at all. in all honesty you dont have maybe two players that could start for s.p. now that is bad guys really bad, go ahead and tear me up tonight on this post, but tomorrow after 3pm i promise you i want see a one of you on here whinng and crying or even going the extra step and givine condgrad to the better team. mark my words. the pirate clause will be in effect tomorrow. im sorry to hurt your feelings, truly am but most of you know as well as i do you dont have a snowball chance in hades.

I wonder who is in Hades right now??

Are you serious? I can't believe the audacity of some people. Oh well, enjoy the silver ball...

rlh posted...

"So what you are saying is that to win by 2 pts, U.C. has to wear them out. I figured UC would be 3-4 yards in a cloud of dust and alluded to that in my post on the 1st page of this thread. The bottom line is it came down to a FG. SP squandered too many scoring opportunities which plays into the game plan of a ball control offense. In addition, they gave up to many 4th down conversions."

The Pirates gave up two 4th down attempts....UC was 2 for 2...The problem was Union City was 10 for 16 on 3rd down conversions...The vaunted Pirate defense couldn't get the ball back to their explosive offense....If the vaunted SP defense could have gotten the ball back in Robinson's hands and make UC punt more than twice (Wayne County forced three UC punts in the FIRST quarter last week) I have no doubt SP would have won but they couldn't because they were getting their butts handed to them by our O-Line....

It wouldn't have mattered if it was 2, 10 or 20 points..The fact is UC did wear the Pirates down..That is Union City's plan for everyone....The UC people kept hearing how it would be over by half and playing under the Mercy Rule the entire second half....That was as dominating (offensive performance) a two point win as you will ever see...

Maybe you need to talk to your school system about that rlh....You guys don't have a foreign exchange program??...We have 8 kids from Union City going to Europe this summer on a school trip....You guys don't do that ??...

SP has the 7th smallest public school with a football program in the state. They have had an occasional exchange student but it is more of "luck."

BTW, you never saw me post anything about mercy rule on UC. I also tried to caution everyone about the offensive line the Polk County put on the field as well before that game.

To be honest, during the early part of this year when everyone was prognosticating, I stated in that thread that SP could go 10-0 best case scenario or as bad as 4-6 worse case scenario in the regular season because of the z-plan may not even make the playoffs. I'm actually surprised that they had as good of a season as they had given the schedule and z-plan.

Maybe you need to talk to your school system about that rlh....You guys don't have a foreign exchange program??...We have 8 kids from Union City going to Europe this summer on a school trip....You guys don't do that ??...

SP has the 7th smallest public school with a football program in the state. They have had an occasional exchange student but it is more of "luck."

BTW, you never saw me post anything about mercy rule on UC. I also tried to caution everyone about the offensive line the Polk County put on the field as well before that game.

To be honest, during the early part of this year when everyone was prognosticating, I stated in that thread that SP could go 10-0 best case scenario or as bad as 4-6 worse case scenario in the regular season because of the z-plan may not even make the playoffs. I'm actually surprised that they had as good of a season as they had given the schedule and z-plan.

You are right...I didn't say YOU were one of the people doing all that crazy talk....

You might want to check where South Fulton ranks on that small public school list because they have one student going along with the UC kids on that trip...It can be done...As far as I know, Jorge and there is another on the team that doesn't play any are the only two FESs we have ever had that played football....

When was the last time a South Pittsburg team gave up 355 yards rushing ??..Had a team to run 70 plays, 69 rushing, on them ??...Had a team hold the football for 32+ minutes on them ??..Had a team that was as one dimensional as UC was and not be able to stop that one thing, mostly running between the guards ??...

I don't know when the last time anyone had an 18 play drive to eat up a whole 3rd qtr. Gordonsville in 2006 destroyed us on the score board. The line came back as one of the strongest in the state in 2007 and have turned in to the lunch room ladies up front by '09.

Congrats to UC...great game to watch.

I'd like to add that tomorrow TC will be playing BB. I notice some similarities between UC and TC this year.

1. They both were purple and gold. :?

2. They both pound the rock. :D

3. They both have a big bruising type back to carry the load.

4. They played each other in the 2005 BCB.

5. They both beat a #1 ranked SP team.

and last but not least......

6 They both have a foreign exchange kicker. :?

How funny would it be to see our kicker kick the game winner tomorrow. :?

I garuntee you those boys from Union lifted weights this week. Our season is over and we dont have a championship. You think Im joking cause Im not. I got to talk to my buddy Murphy for a minute today before the game. I asked him if I could borrow that cowboy hat. I am going to have to get one of them. I also asked him when the new book would be out. He told me that I would be the very first person to get one. Those boys from Union knocked some big holes in our line for their runners to run through. Let me ask you a question. Does anyone know what Murphy asked Grider at halftime? I saw him questioning him on the field before he went into the locker room? Did Grider do something wrong. I will have to ask Murphy what was going on. Well I will make a few more posts and then Roy Dilliard will be signing off until summer when I get my new edition of my Murphy Fair. I was really wanting to stay and watch that other game, but Grider's grayhound was leaving. I wanted to get my moneys worth for my ticket.

Are you hard-headed or just lacking upstairs? It's Union CITY and Greyhound is spelled with an e, not an a. And I bet Murphy says that "you'll be the first to get the book" line to everyone that asks about when it's coming out. :D