1A State Championship: South Pittsburg vs. Union City

powerp

A great game won by a great team. UC showed that it had the right stuff today. I'm at a loss for words.Our (SP) poster's should all take a lesson today. One of humility. Our team played their hearts out. But UC was the team of destiny today. What a contrasts of teams. Very well played,on both sides. The Pirates will be back. Congrats to the UC community and coaching staff. Maybe we will still respect our young men,win lose,or draw like we should. Hope we don't play the blame game this after this 1.

I hope there isn't any blame game being played either considering Robinson still hasn't scored on that first touchdown, that SP kid's knee was down on that pass play and a SP player tackled Jacob Worley (#11) on the two-point conversion...The only thing the Pirate fanbase can remotely argue is the personal foul penalty near the end of the game but the SP kid did push Bowling while he was on the ground but nobody heard what he said while he was pushing Bowling in the turf...

It was a great game...5 penalties in all called on both teams combined....

Union City ran 70 plays.....69 of those run plays...They lost 5 yards in 69 carries....Josh Nicks had 47 carries....Out of all those carries he only lost 1 yard....UC had 32 mins plus of TOP to SP's 15 mins plus...SP KNEW UC couldn't pass and they still couldn't stop the run....That vaunted SP defense we all kept hearing about got run over, around and thru.......That speedy SP defense couldn't catch that slow #28 for Union City on those speed sweep plays either ....There are no excuses when you get manhandled by a team's offensive line...

I don't remember you personally making all those crazy predictions but there were plenty of your fellow Pirate Nation brothers and maybe sisters that did....There is Crow Supper of huge proportions that will be served on here the next day or so and with good reason ....

I hope Roy Dillard got his answer about whether or not Union City lifted any weights and also hope the Tornadoes earned enough respect to be called by their actual name...Union City...Not just Union or Onion City....Cute but a complete lack of respect for the opponent...

If he would have read that Murphy Fair book a little closer he would have seen that the Tornadoes lift weights and alot of them.....I don't remember seeing one Union City player limp off the field...I saw numerous SP players sprawled out or limp off...Thank goodness all of them, that I remember, came back and played..Maybe THEY need to hit the weights a little more....Did anybody else hear that one of the coaches for SP said that the injury to #21 was more or less in his head ??..I :D at that....

• Replies 915
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Congratulations to the Union City Golden Tornadoes. A well coached game and an even better execution by your players. #27 is a load and we could not stop him all day. It was a fantastic game from start to finish. Wish we could have had more opportunities on offense, but the game plan by UC was run to a T. They kept the ball out of our hands and utilized clock management very well. Enjoy the moment, your team, fans, and coaches deserve it.

To my Pirates, you guys played your hearts out. Left it all on the field and have nothing to be ashamed about. It hurts now but you will get over it. Just happen to run into a team on a mission. By far, the two best teams in the state in 1A were playing today. For the Seniors, thanks for all your hard work and get ready for the next chapter in your life. For the younger kids, you no what it takes to win a championship. Hit the weights hard in the offseason...you have enough talent to make another run next year so keep your heads up and get prepared.

Until next year, Piratetom signing off!!

the sun shines on a dogs azz sometimes this is one of of those, u.c is the by far the luckiest team i have had the diplesaure to watch.sp beat you in ever phase of the game except the great vic griders coaching. and some very questonable calls that went your way. no im not a gracious loser. plays sp 5 time i promise you this you will loose 4 of those and the fact is you know it. u.c was not and is not the better team we know it and so do you

You only got to win the one you play not the hypothetical 4 you don't....

As for lucky, ask your defensive linemen how lucky they feel now after they got hit by that F-5....

You should also hit spell check every now and again... :D

the sun shines on a dogs azz sometimes this is one of of those, u.c is the by far the luckiest team i have had the diplesaure to watch.sp beat you in ever phase of the game except the great vic griders coaching. and some very questonable calls that went your way. no im not a gracious loser. plays sp 5 time i promise you this you will loose 4 of those and the fact is you know it. u.c was not and is not the better team we know it and so do you

Classy. :D

How's that crow tasting?

you my friend are the epitome of a poor sport and sore loser. be a man and admit you got beat and are the second best team in the state.

I garuntee you those boys from Union lifted weights this week. Our season is over and we dont have a championship. You think Im joking cause Im not. I got to talk to my buddy Murphy for a minute today before the game. I asked him if I could borrow that cowboy hat. I am going to have to get one of them. I also asked him when the new book would be out. He told me that I would be the very first person to get one. Those boys from Union knocked some big holes in our line for their runners to run through. Let me ask you a question. Does anyone know what Murphy asked Grider at halftime? I saw him questioning him on the field before he went into the locker room? Did Grider do something wrong. I will have to ask Murphy what was going on. Well I will make a few more posts and then Roy Dilliard will be signing off until summer when I get my new edition of my Murphy Fair. I was really wanting to stay and watch that other game, but Grider's grayhound was leaving. I wanted to get my moneys worth for my ticket.

Thanks piratetom but you are not going to get off that easy....

Remember this blast from the past ??...

piratetom posted on Thursday Dec. 3..

"Live and learn there BigSwo!! Be sure and come back and eat lots of crow. We look forward to Friday night when you have to admit that you were wrong. That is, if you will show your face!!"...

You, powerp, piratemike, Roy Dillard, pegleg, ThePitt, Big Papa67, thepushercg need to go ahead and belly up to the table....Hope you like your crow raw....That's how we play...Raw.... :D

. Just happen to run into a team on a mission. By far, the two best teams in the state in 1A were playing today.

I have to disagree Tom.South Pitt isn't anywhere near "by far" better than a couple of teams I watched play this year that wasn't in the title game.

Huntingdon,Jo Byrns,and Wayne County could have gave SP all they wanted.

I garuntee you those boys from Union lifted weights this week. Our season is over and we dont have a championship. You think Im joking cause Im not. I got to talk to my buddy Murphy for a minute today before the game. I asked him if I could borrow that cowboy hat. I am going to have to get one of them. I also asked him when the new book would be out. He told me that I would be the very first person to get one. Those boys from Union knocked some big holes in our line for their runners to run through. Let me ask you a question. Does anyone know what Murphy asked Grider at halftime? I saw him questioning him on the field before he went into the locker room? Did Grider do something wrong. I will have to ask Murphy what was going on. Well I will make a few more posts and then Roy Dilliard will be signing off until summer when I get my new edition of my Murphy Fair. I was really wanting to stay and watch that other game, but Grider's grayhound was leaving. I wanted to get my moneys worth for my ticket.

He asked Grider how he felt..Grider said he felt good about that late score before half...Said he would have to figure out a way to stop Union City's run game....Thing he didn't know was he already had it stopped...Whatever he did half didn't work too well....You think I'm joking cause I'm not... :D

well ladies and gentlemen we are hours away for s.p bringing home another champions ship, i do want to contgrad u.c. on being here, but its just not your time, and more than likely it never will be your time for a championsship. i know you all think you have a chance, i guess you an live in a dream world for a bit. after about 12:45 the games going to be over in s.p. favor. i know you dont want to hear it but a fact is a fact is a fact. i have never missed quoted a game i know s.p. will win. just as they will tomorow and big also.

im sorry it hurts u.c. feelings but that is how its going to be. your offense is nothing special at all , s.p. has seen it many times and will defend it easily., now our offense is special ,and guess what. u.c can not , yes i will say that again can not stop it. oh yes please pass on us if you dare, you can become the second comng of mckenzie. you guess in the west well to put it simpile do not have the speed or skill to take on the guys from the east. you never had it nor will you any time soon.i said before i watch films on teams all the time, i have seen u.c. and to be honest you do not impress at all. in all honesty you dont have maybe two players that could start for s.p. now that is bad guys really bad, go ahead and tear me up tonight on this post, but tomorrow after 3pm i promise you i want see a one of you on here whinng and crying or even going the extra step and givine condgrad to the better team. mark my words. the pirate clause will be in effect tomorrow. im sorry to hurt your feelings, truly am but most of you know as well as i do you dont have a snowball chance in hades.

Man, we really appreciate the respect "thepushercg"!! You said you have seen Union City, what game did you see....us scimage Wayne County this past summer at camp?

It is really great to have the high praise you do for the Pirate team but I promise you this , I will walk on the field after the game and meet you at the 50 to here you say, man, your team isn't bad at all.

You sound like that South Pitt could beat the Tennessee Titans......well, you will play the Union City "Titans" Golden Tornadoes at 12 noon Friday. I bet your a Colts fan to. Well, I promise you one thing....your little ole single a Pirates will know they were in a football game after you play Union City. We will play rough, tough, hit you when your not looking, play fair, smash mouth , down your throat football.

So, come 12 noon Friday.....oh....listen, ...shhhhhhhh......my weather radio just went off......

The National Weather Service in Nashiville has just issued a "Tornado Warning" for the Cookeville Tennessee area aimed at the South Pittsburg Team. Repeat, a 'Tornado Warning" has been issued for Cookeville Tennessee area around Tennessee Tech headed straight towards the South Pittsburg Team.

Union City will have a great fan base at this game, even local football teams that we have played are loading on buses Friday morning at 5:30 to support UNion City and see them come up and make believers out of not only you, but the media and all of eastern Tennessee.

Our team does believe, we are on a MISSION and South Pitt is the moon and we are NASA.

Union City will play you as tough as anyone you have played all season and will be well coached. Just ask everyone we have played.

Good Luck Union City, your season ends on Friday and WILL end on a high note!

The tornado warning will be nothing more than a funnel cloud because there will be no chance of a touchdown inside the stadium :D

you were wrong again. UC just pounded your team. You could not stop them. Try not to trash talk next year. It only hurts your team.

Congratulations to the Union City Golden Tornadoes. A well coached game and an even better execution by your players. #27 is a load and we could not stop him all day. It was a fantastic game from start to finish. Wish we could have had more opportunities on offense, but the game plan by UC was run to a T. They kept the ball out of our hands and utilized clock management very well. Enjoy the moment, your team, fans, and coaches deserve it.

To my Pirates, you guys played your hearts out. Left it all on the field and have nothing to be ashamed about. It hurts now but you will get over it. Just happen to run into a team on a mission. By far, the two best teams in the state in 1A were playing today. For the Seniors, thanks for all your hard work and get ready for the next chapter in your life. For the younger kids, you no what it takes to win a championship. Hit the weights hard in the offseason...you have enough talent to make another run next year so keep your heads up and get prepared.

Until next year, Piratetom signing off!!

We disagree...there are teams from West Tenn that could beat you.