1A State Championship: South Pittsburg vs. Union City

powerp

i can remember reading on a sp thread a couple months ago that since all the good 1a schools got moved up the the tssaa should just surrender the gold ball to sp till at least 2013 because there would be no team to challenge. like the old saying goes, dont count your gold balls till you actually have them. like us it is easy to brag while thumping bottom feeders, the story changes when playing equal to or more than. no doubt you have had a 1a steam roller but talking turkey week in and week out needs to be backed up. see you next november.

• Replies 915
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Congrats UC. I can't wait to watch this game when I get home since i had to Tape it.

Good thing you did, reaction, this is one worth watching. Heart stopper. Kinda like a great book

that you just can't put down. Try to keep SEVEN out of trouble til I can get there. LOL

jacoby reynolds is the awnswer to our d line plug him in and crank him up and watch him go/go get the gold jacoby

go pirates stomp the tornado

sp 42 union city 6

THESE GREAT COMMENTS ARE FROM THE PEPSI MAN

The results of todays game are hillarious for a couple different reasons, 1st and formost, post like I quoted here. Secondly, UC slammed that ball up the middle all day and dared SP to stop it. They were sucking wind in the 2nd half; that was an excellently executed game plan. No disrespect to any of the SP posters that are more classy than arrogant, you know who you are.....

THE BASKETBALL SCHOOL WINS THE STATE CHAMPIONSHIP OF 1A FOOTBALL !!!!!

Josh Nicks....47 rushes 200 yards rushing....State record for Rushing attempts....

Testament to the Union City offensive line who dominated this football game.....

Chase Bowling...Great decisions, ran the veer to PERFECTION......

Who says you can't be a one dimensional football team???....The Tornadoes throw ONE pass, get it intercepted and SCRAP the passing game....Close to 370 yards rushing by the Tornadoes...Kept the football away from a very good offense...Union City held the ball twice as long as the Pirates did in the game....UC dominated the 3rd quarter in time of possession...

Kendrick Price and Jacob Worley...Great game in the second half...Took the pressure off of Nicks somewhat along with Bowling's run...

Saw something a poster made a couple weeks ago that talked about Darren Bowling not being able to make adjustments...Second week in a row that the Tornadoes made subtle changes that ended up winning the game...So that garbage can be laid to rest...

Jorge Guerri...What can you say about this kid ??...Foreign exchange student from Spain...Never seen a football before this year...State Championship game and he is PERFECT on extra points and PERFECT on a GAME WINNING Field Goal !!!

Have to give props to the South Pittsburg Pirates....Best team the Tornadoes have seen all year...Great speed...Terrell Robinson is an awesome athlete...UT-Chattanooga is getting a steal in my opinion....This team is very well coached..Vic Grider and staff, I thought, coached this game like you do in college...

Now...To all the CoachT posters that were saying the Tornadoes had absolutely ZERO chance in this game...You know, the ones that laughed about the Tornado Warnings....The ones that spewed garbage about Union City not scoring...Zero touchdowns...The ones that called for ballooned scores of 56-0 and whatnot....The ones that called for the game to be over by halftime...The ones that called for the Mercy Rule and whatnot....I'm going to raise a toast to you guys...It's a Purple and Gold beverage I call SHUT-UP JUICE ON THE ROCKS !!!!....

Union City Golden Tornadoes - 31

South Pittsburg Pirates - 29

2009 Class 1A Football State Champions !!!

Oh and one more thing...

It's UNION CITY boys and girls...Union City...I told you you would know who we were about this time today....

GOOD TALK !!!

i can remember reading on a sp thread a couple months ago that since all the good 1a schools got moved up the the tssaa should just surrender the gold ball to sp till at least 2013 because there would be no team to challenge. like the old saying goes, dont count your gold balls till you actually have them. like us it is easy to brag while thumping bottom feeders, the story changes when playing equal to or more than. no doubt you have had a 1a steam roller but talking turkey week in and week out needs to be backed up. see you next november.

Thats because they play on a "different level" in the Chattanooga area....thats what those boys from Central, Brainerd and Red Bank kept saying...looks like Chatt-town only got 1 area team left to represent that "level"...Congratulations on a dramatic win.

What a fun game to watch. Good game, you hate to see anyone lose in a game like that.

Not me...I love to see South Pitt lose...especially when it's on TV and everyone in the state gets to see it! :thumb: It's a lot of fun to watch them lose after seeing how overhyped their fans make them each week. It's like vindication on Friday's every time they get beat, and to go back and read the threads discussing the upcoming beatdown of whoever they are playing.

well ladies and gentlemen we are hours away for s.p bringing home another champions ship, i do want to contgrad u.c. on being here, but its just not your time, and more than likely it never will be your time for a championsship. i know you all think you have a chance, i guess you an live in a dream world for a bit. after about 12:45 the games going to be over in s.p. favor. i know you dont want to hear it but a fact is a fact is a fact. i have never missed quoted a game i know s.p. will win. just as they will tomorow and big also.

im sorry it hurts u.c. feelings but that is how its going to be. your offense is nothing special at all , s.p. has seen it many times and will defend it easily., now our offense is special ,and guess what. u.c can not , yes i will say that again can not stop it. oh yes please pass on us if you dare, you can become the second comng of mckenzie. you guess in the west well to put it simpile do not have the speed or skill to take on the guys from the east. you never had it nor will you any time soon.i said before i watch films on teams all the time, i have seen u.c. and to be honest you do not impress at all. in all honesty you dont have maybe two players that could start for s.p. now that is bad guys really bad, go ahead and tear me up tonight on this post, but tomorrow after 3pm i promise you i want see a one of you on here whinng and crying or even going the extra step and givine condgrad to the better team. mark my words. the pirate clause will be in effect tomorrow. im sorry to hurt your feelings, truly am but most of you know as well as i do you dont have a snowball chance in hades.

I wonder who is in Hades right now??