Teams at the Ryan Tournament?

NashvilleRef

• Replies 144
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

ever since i've been attending the father ryan tourney i have heard coaches and wrestlers alike always say "if you can place at ryan you can place at state"

this being said a lot of good d1 vs d2 top ranked kids will meet in the finals and semis this weekend. any matches anyone is looking forward to seeing?

I'll have my eyes on the 112 135 215 and hvy :)

ever since i've been attending the father ryan tourney i have heard coaches and wrestlers alike always say "if you can place at ryan you can place at state"

this being said a lot of good d1 vs d2 top ranked kids will meet in the finals and semis this weekend. any matches anyone is looking forward to seeing?

I'll have my eyes on the 112 135 215 and hvy :)

I hear that there are going to be some surprise guest at 112 and 135. Should be a weekend of good wrestling as always at the Ryan Tournament.

I'll have my eyes on the 112 135 215 and hvy :thumb:

I hear that there are going to be some surprise guest at 112 and 135. Should be a weekend of good wrestling as always at the Ryan Tournament.

B) Are you going to tell or do we have to read about it on Sunday ? :thumb:

According to the Father Ryan website:

FRHS Invitational

The schedule for the Father Ryan Wrestling Tournament is as follows, subject to length of the matches and the weather:

Friday, January 8

Weigh-ins 3:00 pm

Wrestling 4:00 pm (if seeding is completed)

Saturday, January 9

Weigh-ins 8:00 am

Wrestling 9:00 am

Finals 7:00 pm

There will be some great competition at the Ryan tournament this weekend. This is always a tough tournament with some great wrestlers from both divisions. There will be some good matches throughout, but the great ones will unfold when it comes time for the semis. Anyone with a little common sense and wrestling knowledge knows the top six placers at this tournament are always solid wrestlers. As for the McCallie tournament, it was no where near the beast it has been in the past. There are some Tennessee teams that are down a little this year and the Georgia teams that were in attendance are way down from what they have been in the past as well.