Sullivan South Rebels 2010

compusatman

Sounds more like Rebel Railroad to me.

Yea it is inevitable. I just hope they keep the best interest of the students in mind. I've heard South and Rock Springs will be taken, but no word on the rest of the elementary and middle schools. Back to football...

The optimist in me sees this:

1. A lot of folks in the area are writing off this version of the Rebels. The underdog role may be great for us.

2. Over the past few years we have built one heck of a winning tradition locally. We have also beaten and proven we can play well with teams outside of our locality i.e. knox west, catholic, powell. Success breeds success.

3. This coaching staff and team will be looking to make an impact and continue the Rebel way.

4. The DB hurdle... They say the def of insanity is doing the same thing and expecting different results. There has been change like it or not, but this gives us the opportunity to try a new angle. Not a prediction my friends, just hope.

The pessimist in me sees... well i don't believe is pessimism, what the heck is the point. It seems that some folks on this board have personal issues with members of the current staff. That is their right, and i respect that and will not comment. I choose to be here with open arms. I can't wait for the Friday night lights of Death Valley to see the boys in blue and to hear that classic voice of the rebels. I crave the atmosphere.

On a general football note, listening to John facenda just gets me ready for a fall friday night in death valley. Copy and paste the link below, it takes a second but is well worth it to any football fan.

http://theraidercast.com/the-autumn-wind/

Thanks for all of the info my friends, it is much appreciated. Rebel Nation.

It is one thing to get PT and it is quite another to be ignored and even belittled. It is not underclassmen I am referring to above, but Juniors and Seniors and I believe a high price will be paid this and next year because of it. Things have changed. One assistant in particular seems to be the problem, which ultimately comes back to the head coach, as nice a guy as he may be. You will see.

Just heard we lost 1 or 2 today. 1 was top 40 time, # for # strong, tough dude. Are we Imploding. Got to wonder what's happening???????????

Just heard we lost 1 or 2 today. 1 was top 40 time, # for # strong, tough dude. Are we Imploding. Got to wonder what's happening???????????

Maybe erroneous intel, maybe needless worrying. The 3 fastest on the the team are still there. I am certain of it. Two-adays about to start. Time for the weak-hearted to drop out. The numbers on the team at this time of year are the greatest we have ever had. They don't even have locker space for them. Those who want to play and should play based on talent and unselfish team spirit, will play. I trust the coaches in that. You naysayers and whiners take your pessimism somewhere else....weee,weee,weee all the way home little piggies.

Edited by crawdad

Maybe erroneous intel, maybe needless worrying. The 3 fastest on the the team are still there. I am certain of it. Two-adays about to start. Time for the weak-hearted to drop out. The numbers on the team at this time of year are the greatest we have ever had. They don't even have locker space for them. Those who want to play and should play based on talent and unselfish team spirit, will play. I trust the coaches in that. You naysayers and whiners take your pessimism somewhere else....weee,weee,weee all the home little piggies.

I just read through the whole Board Rules. Nowhere does it say you have to be full time optimistic, unrealistic and/or completely blind or get kicked. The one I spoke of, I KNOW had the fastest time in the 40 when the track coach (Hilton, I believe) timed them in June. Now if someone was missing that day and can beat this kids time, I'll edit my post and put an (a) before top. As was posted above there have been a number leave and not a one that I know of was weak-hearted, selfish or untalented. If you can't give a real answer why, butt out.

i posted this on the Big 8 thread as well, but just in case you didn't see it here it is again fyi...

TSSAA Adopts New Concussion Policy

TriCitiesSports.com

July 21, 2010

HERMITAGE -- The Tennessee Secondary School Athletic Association is implementing a new concussion policy that all member schools must follow beginning with the 2010-11 school year. The TSSAA Board of Control passed the policy unanimously during a conference call on Wednesday, July 21, 2010.

It is very important that every administrator, coach, parent, official, athlete, and health-care provider know the symptoms and steps to take when dealing with student-athletes that display signs of a possible concussion. Concussions can be a serious health issue and should be treated as such.

“We are very pleased that our Board of Control has taken this proactive approach and given our schools clear direction as to how we address this issue,†stated Bernard Childress, Executive Director. “It is our feeling that the concussion policy keeps athletics at our level in the proper perspective – safety of student-athletes first and foremost.â€

TSSAA is asking the administration of every TSSAA/TMSAA member school to meet with their coaching staff immediately and implement this policy prior to the beginning of the 2010-11 sports season. The state office will distribute this information to as many officials, athletic trainers, and health-care providers as possible. We ask that school personnel do the same in their area. This information should also be given to all parents and student-athletes.

Detailed information, including the language drafted by the NFHS (National Federation of State High School Associations) that will be included in every sport rule book publication, can be found on the TSSAA website (www.tssaa.org) by clicking on the “Concussion Rule†link.

The NFHS has also developed a free 20-minute course online entitled “Concussion In Sport – What you Need to Know†that we encourage every individual to take. It can be accessed at www.nfhslearn.com.

I just read through the whole Board Rules. Nowhere does it say you have to be full time optimistic, unrealistic and/or completely blind or get kicked. The one I spoke of, I KNOW had the fastest time in the 40 when the track coach (Hilton, I believe) timed them in June. Now if someone was missing that day and can beat this kids time, I'll edit my post and put an (a) before top. As was posted above there have been a number leave and not a one that I know of was weak-hearted, selfish or untalented. If you can't give a real answer why, butt out.

Hilton is the track coach and a good man. It's too bad for him that Southers will be calling for all their heads soon.

The new GUI bites. The concussion policy is important information. The more important imformation would be to educate these kids on the consequences of using suppliments and energy drinks prior to a game. In regard to players leaving the team...that is a player and a parent choice. When you have wimp parents then you will undoubtedly have wimp players. I think Brad Davenport and Bobby Taylor are perfect examples of the model athlete who does what is necessary to play for this football team. Bobby Taylor could have contributed much more than he was utylised in 2008 but Stacy believes in going with who has payed their dues. Bobby paid his dues and kept his mouth shut. So did his parents. There was no complaining. Even though at the supper table in the house that Deanna built I guarantee there was disenchantment. No matter, Bobby did as he was expected. And Bradely Davenport...it doesn't get any better of an example than this young man. Bradley did not get the luxury that Aaron St. Clair (and many others) got in 2008. Bradley almost never got on the field during Curts reign. Because Curt almost never left the field. The reasons for that are evident. But the point is...he kept his mouth shut and waited. He could have transferred. But he didn't. And when his time came...oh what a time that was. One of the three best QB's in South history. So we have an athlete that can run the fastest 40 on the team? And he quit? I don't have a clue who this is but he sounds like a wimp to me. Ask our rising senior RB who came from DB what his expectations were when he got here. Ask him how long he has been waiting to show his worth. So you want to quit. Then quit. And if your parents allow you to be a quitter then neither you nor your parents are needed or wanted. You're going to transfer? Well then that is different. Good luck to you because we wish you well. But you 'gonna quit 'cause you ain't getting playing time. Maybe you are doing something wrong. Just because you are fast don't mean you are tough. Sometimes speed is inherited and toughness is bought and paid for with intestinal fortitude. Blood, Sweat, and Tears...that's the ingredients. You ain't got it...you need to get it...you don't want to get it...then go play Xbox. The disrespect is already brewing. I'm already sick of it. If Stacy were here you would by the Gods keep your mouth shut and tow your line. It does nothing but show household disrespect for the current coaching staff. Either you are a Rebel and you carry the flag or you need to leave. Go to Science Hill and see if you can play early. Incredible. Who do you think made the Jake Hicks's, the Paul Wingfields, the Justin Dykes, the Bo Hauldrens, the Andrew Murrays, the Hunter Beedles, the Kitzmillers, the Chris Collins, the Sandiges, the Jake McMillians, the Henry Ringleys, the Seth Johnsons, the Ty Garvins, the Phillips brothers and so many more that I did not mention. Who made these superstars? Our current coaching staff deserves every morsel of support that you can muster to give them. They do not need dissenters. I hope those teetering on the fine line of failure will see the err in there ways and find the place in their heart to extract the ingredients that success is made of. And I hope their parents support them in succeeding instead of failure. the Rebel Nation

The new GUI bites. The concussion policy is important information. The more important imformation would be to educate these kids on the consequences of using suppliments and energy drinks prior to a game. In regard to players leaving the team...that is a player and a parent choice. When you have wimp parents then you will undoubtedly have wimp players. I think Brad Davenport and Bobby Taylor are perfect examples of the model athlete who does what is necessary to play for this football team. Bobby Taylor could have contributed much

You admit that you don't know the kid and obviously don't know why he quit. Why would you resort to childishly calling names without this information? Could it be you are afraid it may have something to do with the coaches. OH NO, can't be. I don't have this information either, but hope to this weekend. I do know who the kid is and he is no wimp and you definitely wouldn't have the guts to say what you did to his face.

By the way, aren't you related to someone who recently quit TWO teams? Maybe you could give us a few thousand words explaining why he isn't as you describe above.

Edited by SSReb

The new GUI bites. The concussion policy is important information. The more important imformation would be to educate these kids on the consequences of using suppliments and energy drinks prior to a game. In regard to players leaving the team...that is a player and a parent choice. When you have wimp parents then you will undoubtedly have wimp players. I think Brad Davenport and Bobby Taylor are perfect examples of the model athlete who does what is necessary to play for this football team. Bobby Taylor could have contributed much more than he was utylised in 2008 but Stacy believes in going with who has payed their dues. Bobby paid his dues and kept his mouth shut. So did his parents. There was no complaining. Even though at the supper table in the house that Deanna built I guarantee there was disenchantment. No matter, Bobby did as he was expected. And Bradely Davenport...it doesn't get any better of an example than this young man. Bradley did not get the luxury that Aaron St. Clair (and many others) got in 2008. Bradley almost never got on the field during Curts reign. Because Curt almost never left the field. The reasons for that are evident. But the point is...he kept his mouth shut and waited. He could have transferred. But he didn't. And when his time came...oh what a time that was. One of the three best QB's in South history. So we have an athlete that can run the fastest 40 on the team? And he quit? I don't have a clue who this is but he sounds like a wimp to me. Ask our rising senior RB who came from DB what his expectations were when he got here. Ask him how long he has been waiting to show his worth. So you want to quit. Then quit. And if your parents allow you to be a quitter then neither you nor your parents are needed or wanted. You're going to transfer? Well then that is different. Good luck to you because we wish you well. But you 'gonna quit 'cause you ain't getting playing time. Maybe you are doing something wrong. Just because you are fast don't mean you are tough. Sometimes speed is inherited and toughness is bought and paid for with intestinal fortitude. Blood, Sweat, and Tears...that's the ingredients. You ain't got it...you need to get it...you don't want to get it...then go play Xbox. The disrespect is already brewing. I'm already sick of it. If Stacy were here you would by the Gods keep your mouth shut and tow your line. It does nothing but show household disrespect for the current coaching staff. Either you are a Rebel and you carry the flag or you need to leave. Go to Science Hill and see if you can play early. Incredible. Who do you think made the Jake Hicks's, the Paul Wingfields, the Justin Dykes, the Bo Hauldrens, the Andrew Murrays, the Hunter Beedles, the Kitzmillers, the Chris Collins, the Sandiges, the Jake McMillians, the Henry Ringleys, the Seth Johnsons, the Ty Garvins, the Phillips brothers and so many more that I did not mention. Who made these superstars? Our current coaching staff deserves every morsel of support that you can muster to give them. They do not need dissenters. I hope those teetering on the fine line of failure will see the err in there ways and find the place in their heart to extract the ingredients that success is made of. And I hope their parents support them in succeeding instead of failure. the Rebel Nation

My, My.......It was just a short time ago (last year about this time), all you southers were crowing about how south had become the 'premier" football school in upper east tn. DB's days at the top were over you said. Players were leaving DB to transfer to south you said. It was not a matter of "if" you were going to beat DB, it was how bad. I think 'ole comp was calling for Stacy to run the score up and beat the Tribe by as many as they could put on the board. Seems like I heard the word "karma" alot from you guys last year. Now look at you. Players leaving south, south fans fighting each other, south fans fighting coaches, etc, etc, etc. None of this is because Stacy Carter in no longer your coach. The air went out of your ballon when Derrick Steele made that int. last year and started the drubbing that you took in your own house by the weakest team DB has had in 25 years. After that game you knew your goose was cooked. Having said that I still won't be suprised to see a few south fans "Crow" about how their going to beat DB this year. To be honest I can't believe it hasn't already started.

My, My.......It was just a short time ago (last year about this time), all you southers were crowing about how south had become the 'premier" football school in upper east tn. DB's days at the top were over you said. Players were leaving DB to transfer to south you said. It was not a matter of "if" you were going to beat DB, it was how bad. I think 'ole comp was calling for Stacy to run the score up and beat the Tribe by as many as they could put on the board. Seems like I heard the word "karma" alot from you guys last year. Now look at you. Players leaving south, south fans fighting each other, south fans fighting coaches, etc, etc, etc. None of this is because Stacy Carter in no longer your coach. The air went out of your ballon when Derrick Steele made that int. last year and started the drubbing that you took in your own house by the weakest team DB has had in 25 years. After that game you knew your goose was cooked. Having said that I still won't be suprised to see a few south fans "Crow" about how their going to beat DB this year. To be honest I can't believe it hasn't already started.

Only 11 weeks till South beats DB. I can hardly wait.

Jack, I enjoy your humor much more than your chest thumping.

You admit that you don't know the kid and obviously don't know why he quit. Why would you resort to childishly calling names without this information? Could it be you are afraid it may have something to do with the coaches. OH NO, can't be. I don't have this information either, but hope to this weekend. I do know who the kid is and he is no wimp and you definitely wouldn't have the guts to say what you did to his face.

By the way, aren't you related to someone who recently quit TWO teams? Maybe you could give us a few thousand words explaining why he isn't as you describe above.

SSReb, when I post I usually say things that most are thinking but will not speak. In this regard I speak from experience. When my daughter informed me in February that she would not be running track I was agast. Not fully recovered from my sons undoing I was hit blindside with her proclamation. Being one of the top 5 400 meter qualifiers in the state as a Frosh she obviously had talent. But to just walk away from her success? She was lazy. She was a wimp. So that makes me a wimp for not teaching her better. She is still in high school and doesn't know what is best for her. Some day she will realize that decision was a mistake. I failed somewhere along the line. As far as my son is concerned, I failed as well. In all the teaching I gave him something did not quite get through. So yes, he was a wimp also. And that falls directly in my lap as well. It is never a coaching issue. That is nothing more than an obsticle that they must learn to overcome. A good coach is a blessing no doubt. But what do you do with a bad coach. You have to play your cards as they are dealt or else fold. What would you teach your child? Would you (have you) tried to choose each teacher each year of your childs schooling. Can you manipulate each and every situation to make a perfect outcome? Is there a bonafide justification when a high calibre' athlete walks away from a situation that is not to his liking? In my opinion...never. Not for my son, my daughter or anyone elses child. The high school child is not yet ready to take on adult decisions. So the responsibility (or the lack of) falls squarely in the parents lap. It's a different story when the child realizes they are not qualified for said undertaking and choose to bow out gracefully. No, I stand behind my view that the parent is responsibile for the child at least during high school. Being a quitter is never purposefully taught by any parent. But being a winner takes much more than being a superstar. Sometimes you have to be last in order to be first.