Big 8 Region I AAA Conference Offseason

formerblazer

Who will be the suprise team this year in the BIG 8? kinda like boone was last year. Will it be The Hill and carters young bunch, is there anyway Crockett could be better than last year after the loss of sumo and there Q.B., will TN. HIGH bounce back after the early exit in the playoffs and the loss of so many players. South is in the same boat with the loss of a lot of real good players and coach. I still think this year will be quite fun as a fan, but still think DB and Boone may be the teams to beat. But dont sleep on South , TN. High and S Hill.

Dont know much about S Central other than they have a solid QB, or the Falcons. Good luck to all the Big 8 teams.

With so many changes, I really don't know what to expect from Science Hill this year. I suppose we will get a glimpse of what we will have or NOT have Aug 5th at Greenville for our 2nd scrimmage. Lots of promising athletes . . . just don't know :thumb:

I know when my son played a couple of years ago, I thought we had the athletes to really win, but we had a very dismal and disappointing season of 3-7. So disappointing!

With so many changes, I really don't know what to expect from Science Hill this year. I suppose we will get a glimpse of what we will have or NOT have Aug 5th at Greenville for our 2nd scrimmage. Lots of promising athletes . . . just don't know :thumb:

Looking at the conference over the next ten years if it last that long and going by what I've seen over many years,SH will be the team that should give us the most trouble from an athletic standpoint alone.With a good system in place,SH will be very tough to beat once Carter gets rolling,I don't see many teams in this conference competing with SH.It will take the kind of down year like we had last year for more than a couple of teams to beat them.That's why I'm allready ranking SH as the team to beat this year.Tennessee High has been getting it done for years and allways has fine athletes every year.TH is right on DB's tail for wins vs. losses in this decade,and won the very first title.South before Carter was not very pretty,no team has won more games than South over the last five years however.Can they keep it going ? Boone had a great year and looks to be good next year,but is it a flash in the pan ?

I know when my son played a couple of years ago, I thought we had the athletes to really win, but we had a very dismal and disappointing season of 3-7. So disappointing!

PowerPlus, you did have the athletes. You just didn't have the coaches. Athletes are nothing without coaches. Good coaches pull athletes out of the shadows. In the case of the 'Toppers in '07 the athletes were visible. The coach didn't have to pull them out of the shadows. Every school has the ingredients, not just Science Hill. But it takes a Chef to create a wonderful dish. Some schools have more potential than others and it is obvious to everyone that the 'Toppers have the most potential of us all. It should be an embarressment for your community to have to endure what you have. That would never happen at DB. DB has what no one else has...a tradition. Many may call them the one and done Kings but they rule by tradition. It's the attitude at the supper table. They are soldiers of an Army that believe in their General. It will never be allowed to change. It is embedded.

PowerPlus, you did have the athletes. You just didn't have the coaches. Athletes are nothing without coaches. Good coaches pull athletes out of the shadows. In the case of the 'Toppers in '07 the athletes were visible. The coach didn't have to pull them out of the shadows. Every school has the ingredients, not just Science Hill. But it takes a Chef to create a wonderful dish. Some schools have more potential than others and it is obvious to everyone that the 'Toppers have the most potential of us all. It should be an embarressment for your community to have to endure what you have. That would never happen at DB. DB has what no one else has...a tradition. Many may call them the one and done Kings but they rule by tradition. It's the attitude at the supper table. They are soldiers of an Army that believe in their General. It will never be allowed to change. It is embedded.

I agree 100% - Soo true!

Could be. They may have a season similar to Dobyns-Bennett's last one. Coach Carter certainly left us a challenging schedule. I wouldn't count the Rebels out of any of these however.

I would imagine any team who has their QB go down might as well forget it unless they are platooning QBs to start with.

Why do you refer to South's coaching staff as the "good ole boys" ? Are you referring to the same staff that has been there for the last 6 years?

Not counting Middle School coaches, who do they still have that has been there more than a year or so? Haynie, Hilton...............?

With so many changes, I really don't know what to expect from Science Hill this year. I suppose we will get a glimpse of what we will have or NOT have Aug 5th at Greenville for our 2nd scrimmage. Lots of promising athletes . . . just don't know :huh:

PowerPlus, you did have the athletes. You just didn't have the coaches. Athletes are nothing without coaches. Good coaches pull athletes out of the shadows. In the case of the 'Toppers in '07 the athletes were visible. The coach didn't have to pull them out of the shadows. Every school has the ingredients, not just Science Hill. But it takes a schools have more potential than others and it is obvious to everyone that the 'Toppers have the most potential of us all. It should be an embarressmentChef to create a wonderful dish. Some for your community to have to endure what you have. That would never happen at DB. DB has what no one else has...a tradition. Many may call them the one and done Kings but they rule by tradition. It's the attitude at the supper table. They are soldiers of an Army that believe in their General. It will never be allowed to change. It is embedded.

Coaching 101, to quote a friend: "Do you have a name and try to make them a player or do you find a player and ask their name?" The jury is still out at South on this.

Could be. They may have a season similar to Dobyns-Bennett's last one. Coach Carter certainly left us a challenging schedule. I wouldn't count the Rebels out of any of these however.

I would imagine any team who has their QB go down might as well forget it unless they are platooning QBs to start with.

Why do you refer to South's coaching staff as the "good ole boys" ? Are you referring to the same staff that has been there for the last 6 years?

Not counting Middle School coaches, who do they still have that has been there more than a year or so? Haynie, Hilton...............?

Unless we have hired someone jhilts, I believe we only have 3 coaches and they have all been there more than a year or so. I was just curious why batmast thought they were the "good ole boys"? It seemed to me Coach Clark and his former D-B lettermen or Stacy and the Nelsons were just as deserving of the moniker. :huh: