Big 8 Region I AAA Conference Offseason

formerblazer

It starts at 6:00 and I'm pretty sure that it will be the same as last year. I'm not sure of the quarters but I believe the matchups are the following:

Daniel Boone vs David Crockett

DB vs Volunteer

THS vs South

Science Hill vs Central

I can't say that I will ever see another one of those,but hope everone gets out healthy.

I can't say that I will ever see another one of those,but hope everone gets out healthy.

I'll try my best to make sure that I will never see another one. Actual scrimmages are more exciting than the jamboree in my opinion. The past two years the only team that did anything was South. The rest of the teams didn't show their cards.

I'll try my best to make sure that I will never see another one. Actual scrimmages are more exciting than the jamboree in my opinion. The past two years the only team that did anything was South. The rest of the teams didn't show their cards.

The whole point of the affair is that it is supposed to be a showcase of assets. Why would any coach not want to show his cards. I mean it's one quarter. I guess if you don't have anything then you do what you can. It is intended to give the fans something to entice them to come and watch the real games. What if it were a NASCAR Jamboree? If they played it like most of the coaches around here then they would just drive around in formation for a few laps and call it a Jamboree. Incredible. Stacy Carter was the only one who saw it for what it was. Giving the fans a tidbit. I hope Coach Haynie plays it the same way. The only down side to all of this is injury. But most will agree that 80% of all injuries occur in practice.

The whole point of the affair is that it is supposed to be a showcase of assets. Why would any coach not want to show his cards. I mean it's one quarter. I guess if you don't have anything then you do what you can. It is intended to give the fans something to entice them to come and watch the real games. What if it were a NASCAR Jamboree? If they played it like most of the coaches around here then they would just drive around in formation for a few laps and call it a Jamboree. Incredible. Stacy Carter was the only one who saw it for what it was. Giving the fans a tidbit. I hope Coach Haynie plays it the same way. The only down side to all of this is injury. But most will agree that 80% of all injuries occur in practice.

I AGREE . . . Your gonna show your cards the first game you play anyway. I don't see what the big deal is. Showcase your team! That is if you have anything to showcase.

Stacy Carter should of saved his "tidbit" for the DB game. Who will the next fool be?

Stacy Carter should of saved his "tidbit" for the DB game. Who will the next fool be?

You are right Jack...my thin skin is bleeding right now. But the fool will be the Indians when the City makes South a city school and takes the whole Colonial Heights district and takes Orebank and and everything south of it and sends them to the new city school. DB doesn't have the room for any more people but South has plenty. I bet the City planners already have the dividing line drawn. Oh no, better talk to the commission. Let's see what will they call it? Kingsport South? The mascot will be the Cowboys....then when we play it'll be the.....

You are right Jack...my thin skin is bleeding right now. But the fool will be the Indians when the City makes South a city school and takes the whole Colonial Heights district and takes Orebank and and everything south of it and sends them to the new city school. DB doesn't have the room for any more people but South has plenty. I bet the City planners already have the dividing line drawn. Oh no, better talk to the commission. Let's see what will they call it? Kingsport South? The mascot will be the Cowboys....then when we play it'll be the.....

It really don't matter what they call it or if its a city or county school. DB will still take them to the woodshead. Your in dreamland......again.