Thrown games?

seriously

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

several years ago a team that is now district 7a threw a game in semi-finals to get in opposite bracket of the obivious power house that year 1st plays 3rd in region if you defeat other district in 1st round and I think they ended up loosing in substate anyway. This was in late 70's or early 80's but it was so obvious and nobody denied it and some thought it was good stradegy and the coach is still coaching and is among the best in state.
The same thing happened with probably the same team you're referring to in the late 1990's or early 2000. We might be talking about the same game and one of us has the wrong year in mind. In this incident, it worked for them since they went on to win the Region.

From what I understand, there may have been a game "thrown" tonight in West Tennessee.

Really which one?

Obion County vs. Haywood County.

I bet those "injuries" that kept two players out are fully healed by Friday night.

Who other than Chassidy was hurt ??..Pate ??..She has been suspended the whole tournament...

Chassidy's been dealing with a high ankle sprain she suffered in November all season....

Sure is surprising that Chassidy was walking around without a limp Thursday at school. If the coaches at OC actually threw this game then the whole coaching staff should resign or be fired for teaching their kids that it's ok not to perform to your fullest potential and loose a game on purpose, especially since you are the 2nd ranked team in the state. And if this happened, then let's hope that Lexington can pull off the upset. The OC coaching staff should feel proud of themselves for this.

I posted this in another thread but some of you guys might not really care about 13AA soooo....

http://www.nwtntoday.com/news.php?viewStory=37507

LOL, by reading that it makes me feel as if the writer felt that Larue through the game as well. Purple, I don't know if you were there or not, but if you were you know that Larue through the game. It was way too obvious watching it.

Sure is surprising that Chassidy was walking around without a limp Thursday at school. If the coaches at OC actually threw this game then the whole coaching staff should resign or be fired for teaching their kids that it's ok not to perform to your fullest potential and loose a game on purpose, especially since you are the 2nd ranked team in the state. And if this happened, then let's hope that Lexington can pull off the upset. The OC coaching staff should feel proud of themselves for this.

She walked into the gym early before the game on Wednesday minus the boot, and stood at one end of the court at the beginning of the GC/WV game stomping the questionable injured foot/ankle. I saw that with my own eyes. As far as the Pate situation, she should be kicked off the team. In reality, whether OC "threw" the game or not, you can't take anything away from Haywood. Those are some good ball players that don't give up. They are a very athletic team and can bring it to you. The Haywood/Bolivar game should be a good one. I'm still awaiting the announcement of the tournament MVP......... :popcorneater:

She walked into the gym early before the game on Wednesday minus the boot, and stood at one end of the court at the beginning of the GC/WV game stomping the questionable injured foot/ankle. I saw that with my own eyes. As far as the Pate situation, she should be kicked off the team. In reality, whether OC "threw" the game or not, you can't take anything away from Haywood. Those are some good ball players that don't give up. They are a very athletic team and can bring it to you. The Haywood/Bolivar game should be a good one. I'm still awaiting the announcement of the tournament MVP......... :popcorneater:

You are the only one that cares who the tournament MVP was....Butler was, there, are you happy?

Who cares waht happened...it is the TSSAAs fault for allowing it to happen. They set up the format, until it changes, there will be speculation EVERY YEAR! This is not the 1st time this has supposedly happened. If she could not be 100% tonight, then I don't blame LaRue at all for sitting her. The next 2 games are the most important of the season, not a district consolation game! Get over it! (I can't believe I am taking up for OC)