Meigs looking for new coach

Trust me Albert Means is more than qualified for the job. He has been the DC at White Station High in Memphis and now has a 6A state title ring. I think it is sort of odd that he would apply for this job, but I think he would do a good job. Also he is a good guy so that helps as well.

• Replies 230
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I looked at tssaa.org and under the bulletin board tab, the only job posted for Meigs County is an assistant coaches job. Nothing has been said about head. Last I checked, it hasn't even been posted on the Meigs County Web Site. Something isn't stirring the Koolaid with all of these "coaches" being frontrunners. If they aren't local, kinda hard for them to know the job is open. Just me wondering out loud.

What about someone with ties to maryville?

Jason Phillips applied for the Meigs County coaching job. Jason played quarterback for Maryville under George Quarles. Jason coached at William Blount,Anderson County and Clinton. Jason was offensive coordinator at Clinton in 2006 and 2007. He installed the offense Clinton has run the last several years. Jason was grad assistant at Tusculum College the last few years. Jason learned football from Quarles,Scott Meadows,Larry Kerr,Frank Debusk and Andy Shattuck. Jason has a lot of football knowledge and would be a good hire.