Meigs looking for new coach

I have been out of town and come home to my collection of DPA. Now I don't believe everything I read in the paper but Bakers interview about our coaching position concerns me. Phrases such as "in no hurry" and "may not have someone in place by spring practice" should be bothersome to our football community. I believe it is vital that he has someone in place by spring practice. " Let Holiday and Harris do spring practice"

, maybe they can read the future and see what direction the new coach wants to go.

I have a few questions after talking to a few friends about the situation. Is Baker not concerned about next years team? Is he more concerned about the team 2 years from now? Is he letting his personal feelings get in the way? My opinion, yes. Let Mr Roberts do the hiring, he had some excellent coaches under his watch.

• Replies 230
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Rumour from the athletic director, who is conducting interviews, is that Memphis native Albert Means is the frontrunner.

Is this an April Fool joke

Check the date and yes. Although Albert Means has applied, from what I hear.

Why would they not hire the DC from White Station on the spot had he apply for the job? That's just delusional.

I have been out of town and come home to my collection of DPA. Now I don't believe everything I read in the paper but Bakers interview about our coaching position concerns me. Phrases such as "in no hurry" and "may not have someone in place by spring practice" should be bothersome to our football community. I believe it is vital that he has someone in place by spring practice. " Let Holiday and Harris do spring practice"

, maybe they can read the future and see what direction the new coach wants to go.

I have a few questions after talking to a few friends about the situation. Is Baker not concerned about next years team? Is he more concerned about the team 2 years from now? Is he letting his personal feelings get in the way? My opinion, yes. Let Mr Roberts do the hiring, he had some excellent coaches under his watch.

I can guarantee you Baker is concerned or he would have already hired one of the Assts. Personal feelings? not sure what that is about. In my opinion, He is trying to get the best MAN for the job!!! If Mr. Roberts is the same one that was once a coach and then principal, although I have alot of respect for him, Wasnt his first hire the boys basketball coach (Perkinson) nuff said!!!!!!

I can guarantee you Baker is concerned or he would have already hired one of the Assts. Personal feelings? not sure what that is about. In my opinion, He is trying to get the best MAN for the job!!! If Mr. Roberts is the same one that was once a coach and then principal, although I have alot of respect for him, Wasnt his first hire the boys basketball coach (Perkinson) nuff said!!!!!!

:lol::D Come on man, we're talking football. Coach T has a basketball forum if thats what concerns you. Personal feelings, maybe I should have said personal interest. I would hope he is trying to get the best man. My point is simple, get someone in place so this group of kids can have a chance. If you have been watching, this hire will make 3 head coaches (FOOTBALL) under Bakers watch. Is he going to get it right this time? :lol::D

What about someone with ties to maryville?

Jason Phillips applied for the Meigs County coaching job. Jason played quarterback for Maryville under George Quarles. Jason coached at William Blount,Anderson County and Clinton. Jason was offensive coordinator at Clinton in 2006 and 2007. He installed the offense Clinton has run the last several years. Jason was grad assistant at Tusculum College the last few years. Jason learned football from Quarles,Scott Meadows,Larry Kerr,Frank Debusk and Andy Shattuck. Jason has a lot of football knowledge and would be a good hire.

Hope two sea that two Rebullron....He sure did a lot fer Clintun's offence when'st thair.... :thumb:

Coach Holliday obviously wants to be there or he would have left already. The kids and parents love him. I think they need to give him a shot. He has a great football mind and a desire to win. It certainly couldn't hurt anything to let him try it. :hungry:

Where would he have gone to? It is important to relate to the kids and the parents, but there is alot more that goes into being a head coach

Meigs needs to go outside the system to get a coach and let him run the show free from the interference of parents and boosters. IMO some new blood needs to be injected into the program to get it turned around. The talent pool is down at Meigs Co. compared to years past. Whoever gets this job has their work cut out for themselves.