New Lake Co. Boys Basketball coach

mrbigster

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Dawn Barger was announced as the new Lake Co High School boys basketball coach and her husband will once again be the football coach..Congrats to both Bargers.!

Me and chipper will be hanging out a lot more.

Don't let Chipper talk you into watching Union City..You said you heard Coach Whitby was headed to Fulton Co..I did also but now am hearing something different..So not sure what's up with him..I'm hearing that he's going to Dyer Co to sit on the bench with Coach McCord..sorta like the Union City situation..I know that Coach Beck is already there but hear he may actually do more with the girls team..And all 3 could be on the Dyer Co boys bench..That's just what I heard..I know Coach Whitby thinks a lot of Coach McCord..I know how you feel about Dyer Co..lol..If that's true..all I see him doing is just watching some good games..We'll see.!

bigster...You were all over this one....

http://www.nwtntoday.com/news.php?viewStory=40109

I'm not sold on the selection though....I've seen how some of those guys treated Whitby (sat behind the LC bench in some tournament games)....Coach Barger will have to put her foot down early and often with these guys....

I'm not sold on the selection though....I've seen how some of those guys treated Whitby (sat behind the LC bench in some tournament games)....Coach Barger will have to put her foot down early and often with these guys....

One thing for sure coach Barger will not put up with a bunch of bull from any player.

I thought it may happen..Just didnt know if the Bargers would accept..Knew they liked Lake Co..everyone in Lake Co likes them..just thought the only way to have gotten them was to make her the head coach and make the money right,,And with them having their family there..tells you what they must think about Lake Co..I said in my post that Coach Whitby was just letting them throw shots up at bad times..do dippiity do shots..at bad times..I believe that's about to change..Like Falconfan said below..Coach Barger won't allow some of the things that have been happening go on..I look for everyone to be in the huddle and looking at her..not with their heads turned the other way..!

I thought it may happen..Just didnt know if the Bargers would accept..Knew they liked Lake Co..everyone in Lake Co likes them..just thought the only way to have gotten them was to make her the head coach and make the money right,,And with them having their family there..tells you what they must think about Lake Co..I said in my post that Coach Whitby was just letting them throw shots up at bad times..do dippiity do shots..at bad times..I believe that's about to change..Like Falconfan said below..Coach Barger won't allow some of the things that have been happening go on..I look for everyone to be in the huddle and looking at her..not with their heads turned the other way..!

Fans are always going to have their opinons about coaches and changes! But good luck to both new head coaches at LC! :roflol:

Fans are always going to have their opinons about coaches and changes! But good luck to both new head coaches at LC! :roflol:

You're right..Coach Whitby is a fine man.A lot of fans from Central still came and supported him .I know a lot of people probably question wanting to get rid of a coach that has won over 20 games about every year since he's been there but most people have seen things over the past several seasons about their shot selection at critical times.not calling timeouts.lost to Trenton with a 3 point lead with just seconds left and had fouls to give..Things like that.People can say..he's earned that right..just like Joe Paterno and Bobby Bowden.I can see that also.It's a tough call.

Barger was 9 and 22 in three seasons. LOL no wonder he coming back. He probably was on the hot seat anyway. And we hired an asst. girls coach to fill the boys basketball position that was let go after posting 25 victorys a season avg. Only losing to Trenton in the original single a district 3 times in 6 seasons. The other were to Humboldt and union city. Double a powers if I'm right. And the only single a team to beat Humboldt and union city out of the single a teams that reside in the single a district of 2003. Big shoes to fill if u ask me. We might be missing these days. I don't agree with getting rid of the man that buildt the lake county basketball program. I can see us turning into obion county west in two years. I hope it isn't true but I can see this happening. U never get rid of the person that builds ur program without having his pick of a successor to carry on his work after he left. Good luck

lakecountyfan007. Seems you have some kind of ax to grind with Coach Barger. Lets see you want to talk about his coaching record at chatt. central. Well let me clarify a few things for ya big guy. 1. The Pounders were 6-24 the three years before Barger. He led them to their first playoff appearance in 6 years this year. They spent 2 weeks ranked in the Class 4A top ten. Played in one of the toughest Districts in the state and had 7 of the 10 teams they played were playoff qualifiers. They are building a brand new practice field and have more players in the program than in many years, including 34 upcoming sophomores. Believe me he was nowhere close to the hotseat big guy. I know it was just middle school but Dawn owns victories over Humbolt, Union City and Trenton as well with these same players. You have disscenters and naysayers everywhere but I know the Bargers are excited to be back in LC and look forward to competing again. Heard the ole dance before, Barger can't win playoff game blah blah blah Then LC makes it to the Quarters and are a play away from the boro. Some people are never happy!!

lakecountyfan007. Seems you have some kind of ax to grind with Coach Barger. Lets see you want to talk about his coaching record at chatt. central. Well let me clarify a few things for ya big guy. 1. The Pounders were 6-24 the three years before Barger. He led them to their first playoff appearance in 6 years this year. They spent 2 weeks ranked in the Class 4A top ten. Played in one of the toughest Districts in the state and had 7 of the 10 teams they played were playoff qualifiers. They are building a brand new practice field and have more players in the program than in many years, including 34 upcoming sophomores. Believe me he was nowhere close to the hotseat big guy. I know it was just middle school but Dawn owns victories over Humbolt, Union City and Trenton as well with these same players. You have disscenters and naysayers everywhere but I know the Bargers are excited to be back in LC and look forward to competing again. Heard the ole dance before, Barger can't win playoff game blah blah blah Then LC makes it to the Quarters and are a play away from the boro. Some people are never happy!!

007 WILL COME AROUND..I believe both coaches are going to have very good seasons..Several good players back in football and in basketball with Rafael Tyler back along with Caleb Bledsoe,and Rickey Boyd,players Coach Barger is familiar with and then sophomore to be Devon Jones and junior to be Derek Swift..maybe the two best players out of all the players..think Lake Co is going to be one of the premier teams.I still look for Lake Co to run but have more discipline.I was just about on the verge of not going to the football games this coming year after not missing for ..cough..cough..lets just say before grass was on the field..Was very disappointed in the team last year ..