Alcoa vs Maryville

a-town1408

I don't see Alcoa losing until the TSSAA hits them with a multiplier like they do private schools. Alcoa is a public school, that gets out of zone players like the privates, but don't get penalized for it. Why wouldn't they win every game?

What are they going to multiply us to Einstein? We just beat the probable 6A state champ this year. NCAA Div II? :rolleyes:

Surprised it took 6 pages. I think Im going to take a trip to Georgia this weekend to see if I can recruit some players from down there to fill out spots next year on our team. :rolleyes:

Im bout sick of hearing about this ooz players stuff...when alcoa was going 6-6, 6-4,5-5 where was all this ooz talk then?? The rules havent changed and we still had ooz players....the starting fs on our team lived in greenback and was an all-state player and we never heard anyone complaining...If alcoa had a program back in the day like we do now it would have really been scary. Now ponder on that for a minute ;)

Im bout sick of hearing about this ooz players stuff...when alcoa was going 6-6, 6-4,5-5 where was all this ooz talk then?? The rules havent changed and we still had ooz players....the starting fs on our team lived in greenback and was an all-state player and we never heard anyone complaining...If alcoa had a program back in the day like we do now it would have really been scary. Now ponder on that for a minute ;)

The OOZ player stuff only comes out of MLREB's pie hole when Alcoa's OOZ players beats Maryville's OOZ players!! :roflolk: Lil reb just needs an excuse..........

Alcoa was just a better team. No one will come close to beating them. I am glad Warren,Tyson,Evans,Tallent,Henry,Isom and Mangum are seniors. I heard from an Alcoa coach that this group of seniors is the best they ever had. Alcoa will still be great but they won't be near as good as they are this season. This may be their best team ever. Alcoa is one of the best teams in this state period.

One positive from this game is Maryville will have most of their kids back next year. No seniors on the Oline, Quarterback will be back,West will be back. Almost all the defense will be back. Maryville will miss those receivers though.

Nobody said anything about the 98, 2000 or 2001 teams and they all either played for a State title or made it to the semi finals.

Hey guys...

not to change the subject or anything, but after watching the Byrnes/Hoover game on ESPN, how would Alcoa stack up against Byrnes? I haven't gotten to see Alcoa play this year, but if their line is anything like it was last year, I think Alcoa could play with Byrnes this year.

Dear God man, do you ever stop ??

Go away and do not come back. Alcoa never wins any theoretical matchups, just like Maryville never did. We are not going to play Byrnes, Sewannee, Utc, U of Memphis, the Titans or anyone else in Tn that is not on our schedule. Loudon is next for those that care.