Who Can Play with Alcoa in 3A

logcabinman

Listen D A , it was not about ALCOA and MARYVILLE. But then you knew that , you were just being your immature,asinine self. I thought you had gone to see DR KEVORKIAN , he can do wonders for the likes of you. I do however understand why you would haunt MHS & AHS threads... vicarious experiences are better than none I guess.

ROW 19 seat A

He he he! I will give you directions when you come to the Ridge. Hey- I'm not kidding about Webb.. I heard they were good.

I know you mean well , or at least I hope you do , but when I see you say things like " a whole lot more intense " and " bring the level of play up 10 notches " .... I realize you have no clue what the Maryville / Alcoa game means around here . Maybe you're not as lucky as we are here in Blount County to have a game that meets and exceeds anything Maryville & Alcoa could find even if they traveled 500 miles to find a game . Sure we might find another team with more talent if we traveled that far , but you're crazy if you think It would mean more to us than what we've already got right here at home . Instead of asking the Gallatin kids about Canton , Why don't you come and ask these Maryville and Alcoa kids If they will remember this year's Maryville / Alcoa game for the rest of their life?

I guess you and others on here just don't get where I'm coming from here. Nobody ever stated these games are better than your rivalry game. As far as rivalries, you're right, Maryville and Alcoa is probably as big as it gets in your world(east TN). That game is far different than any other game each year, as it is with any rivalry game. That can be said for any kid who plays at a decent program(the game they remember the rest of their life).I think I have more than a clue what the game means in your area , as I follow a rivalry that dwarfs Maryville/Alcoa, and that's the Massilon/McKinley game, which is much bigger than you can wrap your head around. It's the only h.s. game in the country that is big enough and followed by so many more people that it has a betting line in Vegas every year. The pressure to win this game is so big, coaches at these two schools are given 1 year contracts because the results of this game will decide in how long they stick around. Many have left voluntarily because they don't want to deal with the pressure that is there 365 days a year for this game. One school has had 3 coaches in 10 yrs, the other 4 in the last 12 yrs. Over a dozen past coaches went on to coach major college programs or in the NFL. I think I have more than a clue. I've heard it on here time and time again,especially the Maryville folks, and thats "we like things just the way they are". To each his own. Some live in a smaller world than others, and some even question others as to why they comment on schools other than the one they are affiliated with....odd. I didn't know you could not follow another team. Must be a TN board thing.

Edited by jlmac4

All the Coach T wizards flapping their gums about playing out of state teams for national recognition have fallen victim to big money and business. Rivals, ESPN, TNPreps, you name them have created this atmosphere so people will desire the big matchups and what ifs. Why? Cover them and promote on-line. Sell advertisements on your sites based upon the amount of traffic they can document on their on-line coverage. How do you pump up traffic and increase the hits? You create a regional and then national environment/market for high school football. You create a national ranking system that high school fans actually believe means something. You get the people in TN checking up on teams in Texas, Florida, and South Carolina. You get people in Cali looking up info on teams in Ohio. You get people in Florida checking on teams in Oklahoma. Give the players a rating/ranking and it really mushrooms! Wow, and the hits start rolling!

And then (drum roll please), you charge for access! Brillant! Suckers abound! You think these sites do all this for free? Do you think these reporters that couldn't pass remedial breathing 101 in college do this for free? Get real! They are making a living off the backs of high school football players and coaches that get nothing. Nothing noble here.

Some will argue that it is a great service as it helps get kids recruited. Fact is this is what has turned college recruiting into the circus it has become. High school football is quickly becoming college football. Nike and Addias sponsorships, TV contracts, and commercial sponsors are all indicators that our beloved high school game has become commercialized. When and where does it stop?

There are many more "wizards" on here that do not take stock rankings, but enjoy the ability to follow great teams across the country, not just in their own little back yard. Only an idiot would believe someone could accurately rank over 35,000 schools. It's right up there with fantasy football. Yes, some are taking advantage of the situation, but there are many more free websites if you just hit the little search box in the upper right corner. Like everything else that gets covered to death, h.s. football is also part of the "information age". Blame it on Al Gore and the internet. This most definitely helps athletes "be seen" by many more recruiters, who don't have to rely on the newspaper, or go to a school to get film on a player from a coach. Like it or not, the days of turning a crank to make the phone ring somewhere else are gone. There are many more kids playing CFB in all divisions because of ease of access, that otherwise wouldn't be playing before.

Y'all are probably the same people who thought Alcoa was the best team in the state last year... Until y'all get out of state (and I'm not talking Kentucky), you won't have DII teams' respect. Plain and simple. Who cares about budget? Other public schools travel long distances. And since you love Alcoa football soooo much. Fork up some money and start playing some people. Put your streak in danger.

39-2 SPANK!!!!! :thumb:

Who did alcoa beat last year that was any good? I don't know but Alcoa fans talk the same smack every year. I remember that same talk last year how they were better then MUS. Talking about beating teams in 89 or Mccallie(one of the worst in D2) doesn't prove anything. If Alcoa wants to prove itsself, why not play a nationally ranked team. Alcoa is nationally ranked my hat is off to them but if MUS can hang with the #1 team in the nation look for them to be ranked soon!

NO RANKING THIS WEEK! :roflol: 2 points. I LOVE IT. Let the excuses begin!!!! :popcorneater:

There are many more "wizards" on here that do not take stock rankings, but enjoy the ability to follow great teams across the country, not just in their own little back yard. Only an idiot would believe someone could accurately rank over 35,000 schools. It's right up there with fantasy football. Yes, some are taking advantage of the situation, but there are many more free websites if you just hit the little search box in the upper right corner. Like everything else that gets covered to death, h.s. football is also part of the "information age". Blame it on Al Gore and the internet. This most definitely helps athletes "be seen" by many more recruiters, who don't have to rely on the newspaper, or go to a school to get film on a player from a coach. Like it or not, the days of turning a crank to make the phone ring somewhere else are gone. There are many more kids playing CFB in all divisions because of ease of access, that otherwise wouldn't be playing before.

Looks like I found the leader of the wizards! Do not lecture me or any other fan interested in keeping the high school game from turning into D1 college football. Your stupid ideas will eventually bankrupt public school budgets and place tremendous pressure on a game that is already considered by some school districts across this nation as too costly. Most importantly, your brilliant plan damages the core of high school athletics - academics - remember that? You are misguided and Alcoa folks need to ignore your drool. We were champions before you came along and will be after you are long gone.

Looks like I found the leader of the wizards! Do not lecture me or any other fan interested in keeping the high school game from turning into D1 college football. Your stupid ideas will eventually bankrupt public school budgets and place tremendous pressure on a game that is already considered by some school districts across this nation as too costly. Most importantly, your brilliant plan damages the core of high school athletics - academics - remember that? You are misguided and Alcoa folks need to ignore your drool. We were champions before you came along and will be after you are long gone.

My stupid ideas? Yea, I manage the Herbie and Skyline Crosstown showdown, lol. Bankrupt public schools? The only schools that pay to travel to these games other than the Herbie are schools that raise the funds on their own because they want to play top competition. You show me one team that traveled to one of these games on school district money, and I'll show you a district more than financially capable of doing so. Damaging high school academics? That pretty much shows you are talking out of your hind end. Obviously you know nothing about the majority of participating schools OR student-athletes. Notta. Zip. A majority of those schools are the who's who of academic schools in their states. Whether or not a school is sucessfull at educating young men is far from dependant on abstaining from leaving their own back yard. Do a little homework before you spew. Lecture? Define forum....just making an opinion, like yourself and everyone else on here. You or anyone else don't like it? Good for you, I'll still sleep well tonight. Your doomsday blanket statements are laughable.....drool? Maybe you should get back to the holler and brush your tooth.

I guess you and others on here just don't get where I'm coming from here. Nobody ever stated these games are better than your rivalry game. As far as rivalries, you're right, Maryville and Alcoa is probably as big as it gets in your world(east TN). That game is far different than any other game each year, as it is with any rivalry game. That can be said for any kid who plays at a decent program(the game they remember the rest of their life).I think I have more than a clue what the game means in your area , as I follow a rivalry that dwarfs Maryville/Alcoa, and that's the Massilon/McKinley game, which is much bigger than you can wrap your head around. It's the only h.s. game in the country that is big enough and followed by so many more people that it has a betting line in Vegas every year. The pressure to win this game is so big, coaches at these two schools are given 1 year contracts because the results of this game will decide in how long they stick around. Many have left voluntarily because they don't want to deal with the pressure that is there 365 days a year for this game. One school has had 3 coaches in 10 yrs, the other 4 in the last 12 yrs. Over a dozen past coaches went on to coach major college programs or in the NFL. I think I have more than a clue. I've heard it on here time and time again,especially the Maryville folks, and thats "we like things just the way they are". To each his own. Some live in a smaller world than others, and some even question others as to why they comment on schools other than the one they are affiliated with....odd. I didn't know you could not follow another team. Must be a TN board thing.

I guess we should just thank you for moving down here and actually living with us bunch of hayseed hillbillies . Exactly what we need Is a Yankee who will come down here and let us know how puny , and pitiful we really are . Thanks for telling me all about that huge yankee rivalry that totally dwarfs Maryville / Alcoa ..... What was it ? Madison & Mckinney ?? Or was that some Yankee Law firm ? Either way , I've never even heard of your law firm .... but of course us East Tennesseans don't get out much ..... yall come back now .... heah !

• Upvote 1

I guess we should just thank you for moving down here and actually living with us bunch of hayseed hillbillies .

Somebody's gotta work.....

Exactly what we need Is a Yankee who will come down here and let us know how puny , and pitiful we really are .

Yankee?....is that the opposite of one-nutter? I don't apologize for being from the North any more than you would for being from the South.

Thanks for telling me all about that huge yankee rivalry that totally dwarfs Maryville / Alcoa ..... What was it ? Madison & Mckinney ?? Or was that some Yankee Law firm ? Either way , I've never even heard of your law firm .... but of course us East Tennesseans don't get out much ..... yall come back now .... heah !

Like I stated, don't get out much do you?

P.S.....your lips are supposed to touch when you speak.