Union City @ Huntingdon

• Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

well not much positive to say after any loss, but i think huntingdon played really well tonight. tyler warbritton is a tremendous athlete and may be the best in the district. melton not playing probably hurt and the run game needs more than the carlton kid. the o-line is improving but someone MUST step up and take charge. my hat goes off to will mcneal. he played hard on the d-line and deserves some glory. i will not say anything negative towards swenson or the gameplan. i thought the plan was just fine and it almost worked. im sure he knows what he is doing and will get this figured out. neither one of these teams are anything like they were last year, and i dont think either team will go as far as they did last year. but the stangs have improved very much since that opening night. i think we can get a few more victories this season

well not much positive to say after any loss, but i think huntingdon played really well tonight. tyler warbritton is a tremendous athlete and may be the best in the district. melton not playing probably hurt and the run game needs more than the carlton kid. the o-line is improving but someone MUST step up and take charge. my hat goes off to will mcneal. he played hard on the d-line and deserves some glory. i will not say anything negative towards swenson or the gameplan. i thought the plan was just fine and it almost worked. im sure he knows what he is doing and will get this figured out. neither one of these teams are anything like they were last year, and i dont think either team will go as far as they did last year. but the stangs have improved very much since that opening night. i think we can get a few more victories this season

Huntingdon made it to the Quarterfinals obviously UC won the whole thing. The only thing I see changing is neither team will likely win the state. I still look for one of these teams to reach the semifinals. Folks they still play class A. Think who in single A is likely to put both these teams out of the playoffs in the west? It is not an especially strong classification overall.

HTOWN i couldnt agree more. I am suprised that the passing game is more of an option then in the first 2 games but with 6 minutes left in the game on 3rd and 17, a hb dive play. seriously...the double handoff may work 2 times a game, not every other play. I hate seeing bam hurt, but warbritton is looking pretty good. I love the defensive intensity. I know coaches have pride in there game plan but maybe this team is not capable of doing those things. not a knock on any of the players but you cant run certain plays with certain personel in any game you must adjust to your strength. Swenson seems to be inching toward a more open playbook but you have to let pride go and do what is best for your team and do it fast because we are halfway through.

you guys are hittin' the nail on the head!

The UC passing game was downright impressive. Defense is become a little more grittier. If they could stop the fumbles, their game will really improve. I still believe this team is faster than last year's team. Trying to stall and eat up clock in the 4th quarter just about cost us the game. The kicker came around there at the end.