Oneida @ Greenback

crow

Scheduleing is going to be tough,the way the playoffs are going to be done this season is penalizing small schools for playing up. I think the 1a coaches from here to the Knoxville area have gotten together and desided to play each other.I'm sure the playoff format will change after this season, but you are going to see quite a few schools crying foul come playoff time. Its a mess. You could win you're region and be seeded lower than a team in you're own region. Sounds crazy, but from what I understand,its true.

Oneida,i hate to see this one leave(for now i hope)this is my all time favorite rival as a fan and as a player,i have two sons on this team,and i'm glad they have had a chance to play against the indians,always a respect between these two programs,no matter who the coaches are,this is real small town football,no posers here,just kids playing for tradition rich programs.Glad to see Greenback winning more than losing again,this team is young,only three seniors start on D,and three on the O,sophmore and freshman heavy,future looks real good for both teams,i do hope we reevaluate this and get back on the schedule together,i love the trip up to onieda.good luck guys we were in your shoes last year,but hit the weights and practice harder it will turn around,some one made a comment on coalfield and sunbright,Coalfield is a very tough ball club(they are very young also)it will be tough to beat them,but sunbright on the other hand you all should handle.By the way we still try to schedule 3a and 2a for our non disrict games,cant get better unless you play better!

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This game could be a great one, it depends on which GB team shows up. first 3 games we played hard and really swarmed defensively caused a bunch of turnovers and never let the opponents O control much of anything. The last 2 Friday nights It has seemed like the kids didn't really want to be there.

Matback the kids showed some intensity tonight,played with emotion and pulled out a good victory,Oneida is going to be a beast next few years(so should we),and by the way go back to your side of the fence when the game starts!haha.#9 had a great second half,played like a captain should!If you dont see me hitting balls this week i'll see you fri.Another big one down South Of the River!

That is what you'all been saying every year, 'WAIT TILL NEXT YEAR' I went to the website you uns have it was pretty but I seen you have a bunch of seniors this year and some big ones, I aoint seen you play, are tehy not anyy good, Just saying it is got pretty quiet up theire no more tooting your horns, WAIT TILL NEXT YEAR!!! you might ought to just get ya a teeshirt with your rally cry on it.You think you can beat Coalfield and Sunbrigt this year or will it be next? The Henrys will be gunnin for you and you just cant stop ENGLAND. Good luck (i dont like coalfield either)

Like I said timmytiger, the team you see from Oneida in Coalfield or Sunbright this year will be 90% Freshmen and Sophomores. And next year, the fastest kid on the team will be a freshmen. And in two years, when ALL these boys are back, we will have monster linebacker likes of which you have never seen before.

You better get all your smack talking in now....gonna be a pretty cold decade for ya!

I've been on here for a couple of years now and the one thing I can say is the Oneida fans have always been some of the classiest bunch on here. I hate to see these 2 fine programs stop playing each other as well but some times logistics can come into play, it is a long way between the schools. It amazes me at how some "fans" get on here when they have a pretty good team once every 10 years or so and spew the garbage about tradition rich teams. I know that it is a select few from these schools that run their mouth but it paints an ugly picture of the entire program. Anyway to all you loudmouths from Morgan County you had better be careful these Indians are just an inch or two away from being a good football team and I'll be willing to wager that they don't forget your disrespecting them any time soon. To all you Oneida fans thanks for the friendly banter and football information over the last couple of years I wish we could do it again next year.

I've been on here for a couple of years now and the one thing I can say is the Oneida fans have always been some of the classiest bunch on here. I hate to see these 2 fine programs stop playing each other as well but some times logistics can come into play, it is a long way between the schools. It amazes me at how some "fans" get on here when they have a pretty good team once every 10 years or so and spew the garbage about tradition rich teams. I know that it is a select few from these schools that run their mouth but it paints an ugly picture of the entire program. Anyway to all you loudmouths from Morgan County you had better be careful these Indians are just an inch or two away from being a good football team and I'll be willing to wager that they don't forget your disrespecting them any time soon. To all you Oneida fans thanks for the friendly banter and football information over the last couple of years I wish we could do it again next year.

I always looked forward to Greenback week, always a little smack talkin' but nothing to outta hand. After all that's part of the game, RESPECTFULLY talkin' trash back and forth with other fans (or players on the field as the case may be). I've got a little bit of a bad taste in my mouth about this rivalry not being continued. Not real sure why the 'kees chief didn't want to continue. It'll be interesting to see who they add next year & see if drive time or "logistics", as it were, is the issue or if, like so many other teams, TSSAA's playoff plan has something to do with the selection. :wacko:

I always looked forward to Greenback week, always a little smack talkin' but nothing to outta hand. After all that's part of the game, RESPECTFULLY talkin' trash back and forth with other fans (or players on the field as the case may be). I've got a little bit of a bad taste in my mouth about this rivalry not being continued. Not real sure why the 'kees chief didn't want to continue. It'll be interesting to see who they add next year & see if drive time or "logistics", as it were, is the issue or if, like so many other teams, TSSAA's playoff plan has something to do with the selection. :wacko:

wow!cant believe we wont be playing the indians for a while,always a good game,good luck OHS!

It's tuff with the T$$AA rules. As a coach you have to put your boys in the best position to win. You want a team to make yours better but not hurt you in the playoff seating. Either way, Im sure the Indian Wars will be back on again in the future.

I'm very proud of Oneida last Friday night. We could have smacked around a cupcake team and beat our chest but the boys made a tough road trip instead. The Indians did a great job of protecting the ball just need to find consistantcy on the offense. I think that will come with experience in that the boys have to know who to block and where to run over the entire playbook when a good defense is shifting and adjusting. Oneida is a much better team having played Greenback! Hopefully it will pay off in OS and Coalfield.

Edited by SmashMouth

What about them dadgum CHIEFS.

Those boys may be on the right track. The OC and DC were the ones with Belichick at the Patriots in the glory days. Plus, you talk about a young team. Whew...they might be really good. Your loyalty might be paying off pujo. I've been a Steeler fan my whole life, but let's face it...it's been pretty much sunshine and lemonade for Steel town since 1976. Im gonna pull for KC as long as they are not facing off against Pittsburgh!

wow kentucky south is now 1-5 worse record in state. i cant wait until we get to beat them.

Maybe you cant get the boys from Greenback to come play defense for ya. Shoot, If your gonna go that route I would just call up Coach Creasy at TC. He might feel sorry and send his team over. Other than that...if your gonna go with what you got...better get ready to kiss the baby!